Panel auto-hide stopped working

Bob Williams-2
Using KDE Frameworks: 5.26.0, Qt: 5.6.1 and Plasma: 5.8.2 on openSUSE Leap 42.2

When I set the panel to auto hide, it works initially, but after a while it stays displayed and forgets to hide when it loses focus. The panel settings still show Autohide selected.

I'm not sure what triggers this behaviour so it's difficult to tell you how to reproduce it.

Is this known behaviour?

Bob
--
Bob Williams
   System:  Linux 4.4.57-18.3-default

Re: Panel auto-hide stopped working

Roman Bysh
On 17/04/17 12:57 PM, Bob Williams wrote:

> Using KDE Frameworks: 5.26.0, Qt: 5.6.1 and Plasma: 5.8.2 on openSUSE Leap 42.2
>
> When I set the panel to auto hide, it works initially, but after a while it stays displayed and forgets to hide when it loses focus. The panel settings still show Autohide selected.
>
> I'm not sure what triggers this behaviour so it's difficult to tell you how to reproduce it.
>
> Is this known behaviour?
>
> Bob

Bob,

No problem here. I would run your software updater so that
you have updated to 5.8.6.

Re: Panel auto-hide stopped working

Bob Williams-2
On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 19:27:55 -0400
Roman Bysh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 17/04/17 12:57 PM, Bob Williams wrote:
> > Using KDE Frameworks: 5.26.0, Qt: 5.6.1 and Plasma: 5.8.2 on
> > openSUSE Leap 42.2
> >
> > When I set the panel to auto hide, it works initially, but after a
> > while it stays displayed and forgets to hide when it loses focus.
> > The panel settings still show Autohide selected.
> >
> > I'm not sure what triggers this behaviour so it's difficult to tell
> > you how to reproduce it.
> >
> > Is this known behaviour?
> >
> > Bob
> >
> Bob,
>
> No problem here. I would run your software updater so that
> you have updated to 5.8.6.

Thanks Roman. I updated everything but still seem to have Plasma 5.8.2. Anyway the panel is behaving properly at the moment so I'll wait and see what happens.

Bob

--
Bob Williams
   System:  Linux 4.4.57-18.3-default
   Distro:  openSUSE 42.2 (x86_64)
   Desktop: KDE Frameworks: 5.26.0, Qt: 5.6.1 and Plasma: 5.8.2

Re: Panel auto-hide stopped working

Stakanov Schufter
In data martedì 18 aprile 2017 20:42:40, Bob Williams ha scritto:

> On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 19:27:55 -0400
>
> Roman Bysh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 17/04/17 12:57 PM, Bob Williams wrote:
> > > Using KDE Frameworks: 5.26.0, Qt: 5.6.1 and Plasma: 5.8.2 on
> > > openSUSE Leap 42.2
> > >
> > > When I set the panel to auto hide, it works initially, but after a
> > > while it stays displayed and forgets to hide when it loses focus.
> > > The panel settings still show Autohide selected.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure what triggers this behaviour so it's difficult to tell
> > > you how to reproduce it.
> > >
> > > Is this known behaviour?
> > >
> > > Bob
> >
> > Bob,
> >
> > No problem here. I would run your software updater so that
> > you have updated to 5.8.6.
>
> Thanks Roman. I updated everything but still seem to have Plasma 5.8.2.
> Anyway the panel is behaving properly at the moment so I'll wait and see
> what happens.
>
> Bob
If you do not get 5.8.6 maybe you should try
zypper dup -no-allow-vendor-change
In your signature everything is fine but plasma (which is not normal, maybe you
took something from extra in the past?)

On 18/04/17 03:42 PM, Bob Williams wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 19:27:55 -0400
> Roman Bysh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 17/04/17 12:57 PM, Bob Williams wrote:
> >> Using KDE Frameworks: 5.26.0, Qt: 5.6.1 and Plasma: 5.8.2 on
> >> openSUSE Leap 42.2
> >>
> >> When I set the panel to auto hide, it works initially, but after a
> >> while it stays displayed and forgets to hide when it loses focus.
> >> The panel settings still show Autohide selected.
> >>
> >> I'm not sure what triggers this behaviour so it's difficult to tell
> >> you how to reproduce it.
> >>
> >> Is this known behaviour?
> >>
> >> Bob
> >>
> > Bob,
> >
> > No problem here. I would run your software updater so that
> > you have updated to 5.8.6.
> >

> Thanks Roman. I updated everything but still seem to have Plasma 5.8.2. Anyway the panel is behaving properly at the moment so I'll wait and see what happens.
>
> Bob

Click on the Info Center. I see Plasma 5.8.6.

Re: Panel auto-hide stopped working

Bob Williams-2
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 18:36:26 -0400
Roman Bysh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 18/04/17 03:42 PM, Bob Williams wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 19:27:55 -0400
> > Roman Bysh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > Bob,
> > >
> > > No problem here. I would run your software updater so that
> > > you have updated to 5.8.6.
> > >

> > Thanks Roman. I updated everything but still seem to have Plasma
> > 5.8.2. Anyway the panel is behaving properly at the moment so I'll
> > wait and see what happens.
> >
> > Bob
> >
> Click on the Info Center. I see Plasma 5.8.6.
Ah! So do I. I'd never noticed that useful little app.

--
Bob Williams
   System:  Linux 4.4.57-18.3-default
   Distro:  openSUSE 42.2 (x86_64)
   Desktop: KDE Frameworks: 5.26.0, Qt: 5.6.1 and Plasma: 5.8.2

Re: Panel auto-hide stopped working

Bob Williams-2
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 21:59:19 +0200
stakanov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In data martedì 18 aprile 2017 20:42:40, Bob Williams ha scritto:
> > On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 19:27:55 -0400
> >
> > Roman Bysh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > Bob,
> > >
> > > No problem here. I would run your software updater so that
> > > you have updated to 5.8.6.
> >
> > Thanks Roman. I updated everything but still seem to have Plasma
> > 5.8.2. Anyway the panel is behaving properly at the moment so I'll
> > wait and see what happens.
> >
> > Bob
> If you do not get 5.8.6 maybe you should try
> zypper dup -no-allow-vendor-change
> In your signature everything is fine but plasma (which is not normal,
> maybe you took something from extra in the past?)

Quite likely. See my reply to Roman re Info Center. It looks as if my sig script is getting it wrong.