Package publishing: per target or per arch?

Package publishing: per target or per arch?

todd rme
I am a bit unclear about the rules for when build packages are pushed
to repositories.  I have been told that it only occurs for a given
build target when all architectures for that target have finished
building.  However, when I look at download.opensuse.org, it seems
packages are getting pushed from one architecture while another is
still building according to build.opensuse.org.

So I was hoping to get a better understanding of how OSC decides
whether to publish a package.  It is important because it has an
impact on how we structure our build targets.

Re: Package publishing: per target or per arch?

Jan Engelhardt-4
On Wednesday 2017-03-29 21:36, Todd Rme wrote:

>I am a bit unclear about the rules for when build packages are pushed
>to repositories.  I have been told that it only occurs for a given
>build target when all architectures for that target have finished
>building.

Each architecture scheduler is independent of another, therefore it
syncs after one arch is through.

>So I was hoping to get a better understanding of how OSC decides
>whether to publish a package.

osc does not publish packages on its own.

Re: Package publishing: per target or per arch?

Adrian Schröter
On Mittwoch, 29. März 2017, 15:36:27 CEST wrote Todd Rme:
> I am a bit unclear about the rules for when build packages are pushed
> to repositories.  I have been told that it only occurs for a given
> build target when all architectures for that target have finished
> building.  However, when I look at download.opensuse.org, it seems
> packages are getting pushed from one architecture while another is
> still building according to build.opensuse.org.

yes, indeed. OBS creates the publish event when all packages for one
architecture of an repository have a finished state.

that way you should always have a state which is installable (minus
bugs in package, minus build failures).

You may have double noarch and src packages therefore for some time
when one arch has finished and the other not.

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5