Package Search

PatrickD Garvey
https://en.opensuse.org/FAQ#Are_packages_X.2C_Y.2C_Z_available_anywhere.3F_How_can_I_search_for_packages.3F
claims, "There is a package search which will search the standard
online repositories, Packman, as well as the Build Service, at
packages.opensuse-community.org."

I don't see any search form on the referenced page.

Can someone identify where that search feature is, please?

Re: Package Search

Patrick Shanahan-2
* PatrickD Garvey <[hidden email]> [12-04-16 13:15]:
> https://en.opensuse.org/FAQ#Are_packages_X.2C_Y.2C_Z_available_anywhere.3F_How_can_I_search_for_packages.3F
> claims, "There is a package search which will search the standard
> online repositories, Packman, as well as the Build Service, at
> packages.opensuse-community.org."
>
> I don't see any search form on the referenced page.
>
> Can someone identify where that search feature is, please?

I believe "Build Service, at" s/b "Build Service and"

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2      Registered Linux User #207535
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                 @ http://linuxcounter.net

Re: Package Search

On 2016-12-04 19:15, PatrickD Garvey wrote:
> https://en.opensuse.org/FAQ#Are_packages_X.2C_Y.2C_Z_available_anywhere.3F_How_can_I_search_for_packages.3F
> claims, "There is a package search which will search the standard
> online repositories, Packman, as well as the Build Service, at
> packages.opensuse-community.org."
>
> I don't see any search form on the referenced page.
>
> Can someone identify where that search feature is, please?

The external search disappeared, AFAIK. The wiki was not updated. There
is, however,a package which can do that search: webpin. Try it.

There is, though, the internal package search at
https://software.opensuse.org/search

                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Re: Package Search

PatrickD Garvey
On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Patrick Shanahan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> * PatrickD Garvey <[hidden email]> [12-04-16 13:15]:
>> https://en.opensuse.org/FAQ#Are_packages_X.2C_Y.2C_Z_available_anywhere.3F_How_can_I_search_for_packages.3F
>> claims, "There is a package search which will search the standard
>> online repositories, Packman, as well as the Build Service, at
>> packages.opensuse-community.org."
>>
>> I don't see any search form on the referenced page.
>>
>> Can someone identify where that search feature is, please?
>
> I believe "Build Service, at" s/b "Build Service and"

I don't think so. The sentence structure includes a list of
repositories that a single search will access, all at once. It could
have been broken into the two sentences, "There is a package search at
packages.opensuse-community.org. It will search the standard online
repositories, Packman, as well as the Build Service with one request."

As I noted packages.opensuse-community.org doesn't seem to offer ANY
search capability, unless it's just not linked to the page displayed.