Ownership issues with /usr/share/licenses in SLE-12

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ownership issues with /usr/share/licenses in SLE-12

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
Hello!

I'm trying to build python-pytest-relaxed for SLE-12 in backports which
is required as a dependency for one of the tools we are using for the
public cloud stuff.

The build fails with RPM complaining about /usr/share/licenses being unowned:

[    4s] ... running 01-check-debuginfo
[    4s] ... testing for empty debuginfo packages
[    4s] ... running 02-check-gcc-output
[    4s] ... testing for serious compiler warnings
[    4s]     (using /usr/lib/build/checks-data/check_gcc_output)
[    4s]     (using /var/tmp/build-root/openSUSE_Backports_SLE-12-x86_64/.build.log)
[    4s] ... running 03-check-binary-kernel-log
[    4s] ... running 04-check-filelist
[    4s] ... checking filelist
[    4s] python-pytest-relaxed-1.0.0-0.noarch.rpm: directories not owned by a package:
[    4s]  - /usr/share/licenses
[    4s] python3-pytest-relaxed-1.0.0-0.noarch.rpm: directories not owned by a package:
[    4s]  - /usr/share/licenses
[    4s]
[    4s] suse-laptop failed "build python-pytest-relaxed.spec" at Fri Dec 15 13:35:27 UTC 2017.
[    4s]

Normally, this issue is fixed by installing the package which install this directory
into the chroot, either through a Preinstall directive in the project configuration
or by adding the package in question to Build-Depends in the spec file.

The directory /usr/share/licenses is provided by filesystem which I tried preinstalling
through the aforementioned mechanisms. However, I still keep running into the ownership
issue as shown above.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Adrian
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ownership issues with /usr/share/licenses in SLE-12

Stephan Kulow-3
Am 15.12.2017 um 14:39 schrieb John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:
> The directory /usr/share/licenses is provided by filesystem which I

Not on sle12 - which is exactly the problem you're seeing.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Ma muaß weiterkämpfen, kämpfen bis zum Umfalln, a wenn die
ganze Welt an Arsch offen hat, oder grad deswegn.
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ownership issues with /usr/share/licenses in SLE-12

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
On 12/15/2017 02:54 PM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am 15.12.2017 um 14:39 schrieb John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:
>> The directory /usr/share/licenses is provided by filesystem which I
>
> Not on sle12 - which is exactly the problem you're seeing.

Hmm, but I did fire up a SLE-12-SP3 instance on GCE and verified that
/usr/share/licenses is owned by the filesystem (version 13) package.

Where else would it be? Or is this an issue with SLE-12-GA?

Thanks,
Adrian
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ownership issues with /usr/share/licenses in SLE-12

Stephan Kulow-3
Am 15.12.2017 um 16:03 schrieb John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:

> On 12/15/2017 02:54 PM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>> Am 15.12.2017 um 14:39 schrieb John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:
>>> The directory /usr/share/licenses is provided by filesystem which I
>>
>> Not on sle12 - which is exactly the problem you're seeing.
>
> Hmm, but I did fire up a SLE-12-SP3 instance on GCE and verified that
> /usr/share/licenses is owned by the filesystem (version 13) package.
>
> Where else would it be? Or is this an issue with SLE-12-GA?

Right. See
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff/SUSE:SLE-12-SP3:GA/filesystem?linkrev=base&rev=2

Greetings, Stephan

--
Ma muaß weiterkämpfen, kämpfen bis zum Umfalln, a wenn die
ganze Welt an Arsch offen hat, oder grad deswegn.
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ownership issues with /usr/share/licenses in SLE-12

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
On 12/15/2017 04:11 PM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Right. See
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff/SUSE:SLE-12-SP3:GA/filesystem?linkrev=base&rev=2

Right, that's spot on. Thanks a lot for the heads-up!

Adrian
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]