Quantcast

OpenSuSE new home repository

sda-5
Hi,

just finished the creation of yet another repository for
OpenSuSE. It's for OpenSuSE-10.3 only, but could be extended for 11.0
and 10.2 as well. Though it's possible to add support for other supported
OBS distros, but it's time consuming operation and now I just
don't have a proper motivation for it.

Not sure that it's a right place for the post like this, but after
installation of all components from my repo system become more
responsive, less cpu/memory-hungry and gain distinct look'n'feel.

Here it is:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/dmitry_serpokryl:/SOAD/openSUSE_10.3/

Core benefits:

1. Almost all Enlightenment (DR17 & DR17) components could be rebuild by
user at any time to get current cvs/svn/git in '.rpm' format (it's also
written in 'description' for each package):

> rpmbuild --rebuild *.src.rpm

or

> rpmbuild -bb *.spec

(unfortunately sources .tar.bz2 are always needed, but it's easy to
correct a single line in .spec file and have a 'pure' cvs)

'Vera' fonts are replaced by 'DejaVu' directly in sources to avoid some
(but not all unfortunately) issues with a proper support of UTF-8
charsets. That's why source .tar.bz2 files are needed.

2. All binaries are stripped.

3. Tiling module is enabled for E17 (any stable third-parties modules
could be enabled as well upon request).

4. The package 'E-SuSE_SOAD_core_transformation' removes all qt*-kde*
parts, enables properly configured 'Entrance' and 'Exalt', and offer
users to step into Enlightenment Desktop Shell by default.

5. Wide selection of EFL based applications.

6. Direct-FB engine is disabled by default for E17.

7. You're aware now whom to ping if something goes wrong (or even if you
think so) :).

Hope that you like it.

sda

Re: OpenSuSE new home repository

Adrian Schröter
On Thursday 08 May 2008 18:57:08 wrote sda:

> Hi,
>
> just finished the creation of yet another repository for
> OpenSuSE. It's for OpenSuSE-10.3 only, but could be extended for 11.0
> and 10.2 as well. Though it's possible to add support for other supported
> OBS distros, but it's time consuming operation and now I just
> don't have a proper motivation for it.
>
> Not sure that it's a right place for the post like this, but after
> installation of all components from my repo system become more
> responsive, less cpu/memory-hungry and gain distinct look'n'feel.
>
> Here it is:
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/dmitry_serpokryl:/SOAD/open
>SUSE_10.3/

cool, maybe we should make this project a bit more official and move it to the
X11 area ?

Maybe you can work together with the people from "X11:Enlightenment" project.
So we could found X11:Enlightenment:CVS or alike ?
(I CC'd them)

> Core benefits:
>
> 1. Almost all Enlightenment (DR17 & DR17) components could be rebuild by
> user at any time to get current cvs/svn/git in '.rpm' format (it's also
>
> written in 'description' for each package):
> > rpmbuild --rebuild *.src.rpm
>
> or
>
> > rpmbuild -bb *.spec
>
> (unfortunately sources .tar.bz2 are always needed, but it's easy to
> correct a single line in .spec file and have a 'pure' cvs)
>
> 'Vera' fonts are replaced by 'DejaVu' directly in sources to avoid some
> (but not all unfortunately) issues with a proper support of UTF-8
> charsets. That's why source .tar.bz2 files are needed.
>
> 2. All binaries are stripped.
>
> 3. Tiling module is enabled for E17 (any stable third-parties modules
> could be enabled as well upon request).
>
> 4. The package 'E-SuSE_SOAD_core_transformation' removes all qt*-kde*
> parts, enables properly configured 'Entrance' and 'Exalt', and offer
> users to step into Enlightenment Desktop Shell by default.
>
> 5. Wide selection of EFL based applications.
>
> 6. Direct-FB engine is disabled by default for E17.
>
> 7. You're aware now whom to ping if something goes wrong (or even if you
> think so) :).

Actually, click on the plus behind "Involved Users" in the web frontend and
add yourself again as "bugzilla" person. People can find you more easily this
way ;)

bye
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

How to include Enlightenment into the list of default setup presets?

sda-5
Hi!

Dear Adrian, dear Oliver and all to whom it may concern.

Could you please be so kind to advise necessary steps to include
Enlightenment as a preset for the future releases of OpenSuSE? May be
we can join our efforts and make it for upcoming 11.0?

Suppose that we have all required components and if something is missing
it's not an issue and easily could be prepared within an hour :).

I'm ready to provide the list of packages required for Enlightenment
Desktop Shell in a way you require (just point me out to some blank
templates or so) for the discussion.

If the "ideas" like this require some kind of an "Official Proposal" -
let me know and it will follow.

If someone need a LiveCD just to see what we're talking about - drop me
a login to the server for upload.

If the idea itself is "not good for OpenSuSE" I'd highly appreciate more
detailed response.

Do believe that this will benefit to OpenSuSE in general and to the
particular user.

Thank you!

My Best Regards,
Dmitry