Quantcast

OpenSSL vs LibreSSL: libopenssl-devel

Alex Naumov
Hi,

can somebody tell me what we're going to use instead of libopenssl-devel?
As I can see, libressl and libressl-devel are there already, but not
liblibressl-devel.

Did I miss something?

Thank you,
Alex

Re: OpenSSL vs LibreSSL: libopenssl-devel

Michael Ströder
Alex Naumov wrote:
> can somebody tell me what we're going to use instead of libopenssl-devel?
> As I can see, libressl and libressl-devel are there already, but not
> liblibressl-devel.
>
> Did I miss something?

At least a short description of which problem you're trying to solve?

Ciao, Michael.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 10:49 PM, Michael Ströder <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Alex Naumov wrote:
>> can somebody tell me what we're going to use instead of libopenssl-devel?
>> As I can see, libressl and libressl-devel are there already, but not
>> liblibressl-devel.
>>
>> Did I miss something?
>
> At least a short description of which problem you're trying to solve?

I'm working on migration to LibreSSL, i.e. just want to test and to
know that Factory works well also with LibreSSL. I don't solve some
problem, make it for fun :)

As I can see, unfortunately it's not 1:1 migration. It's not enough
just to replace openssl with libressl and openssl-devel with
libressl-devel.

> Ciao, Michael.

Cheers,
Alex

Re: OpenSSL vs LibreSSL: libopenssl-devel

Marcus Meissner
On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 08:44:06AM +0200, Alex Naumov wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 10:49 PM, Michael Ströder <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Alex Naumov wrote:
> >> can somebody tell me what we're going to use instead of libopenssl-devel?
> >> As I can see, libressl and libressl-devel are there already, but not
> >> liblibressl-devel.
> >>
> >> Did I miss something?
> >
> > At least a short description of which problem you're trying to solve?
> >

> I'm working on migration to LibreSSL, i.e. just want to test and to
> know that Factory works well also with LibreSSL. I don't solve some
> problem, make it for fun :)
>
> As I can see, unfortunately it's not 1:1 migration. It's not enough
> just to replace openssl with libressl and openssl-devel with
> libressl-devel.

... so thats the task open for you.

I am not aware of any plans and security is not planning to replace openssl with libressl.

Ciao, Marcus