OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP INSIDE IT....

OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP INSIDE IT....

Duaine Hechler
DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP INSIDE IT....

IF IT DOES, LITERALLY, ANYONE CAN STEAL YOU INFO........

HERE IS THE TALE....................

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw%26sns=em <http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw%26sns=em>

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding

Re: OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP INSIDE IT....

Carlos E. R.-2

Do not feed the trolls...

On 2012-11-07 01:52, Duaine Hechler wrote:

> DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP
> INSIDE IT....
>
> IF IT DOES, LITERALLY, ANYONE CAN STEAL YOU INFO........
>
> HERE IS THE TALE....................
>
> http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw%26sns=em
> <http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw%26sns=em>

Re: OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP INSIDE IT....

Duaine Hechler
Carlos, et all,

I may be a troll - BUT - this is REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the reporter should lift your info, then see what happens.

Duaine

On 11/06/2012 07:03 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> Do not feed the trolls...
>
> On 2012-11-07 01:52, Duaine Hechler wrote:
>> DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP
>> INSIDE IT....
>>
>> IF IT DOES, LITERALLY, ANYONE CAN STEAL YOU INFO........
>>
>> HERE IS THE TALE....................
>>
>> http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw%26sns=em
>> <http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw%26sns=em>

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding
(314) 838-5587 / [hidden email] / www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
Home & Business user of Linux - 12 years

Re: OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP INSIDE IT....

Philipp Thomas-3
On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 19:06:59 -0600, Duaine Hechler <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>I may be a troll - BUT - this is REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That doesn't change the fact that a) it's severely offtopic here and
b) there is absolutely no reason to write all in caps and thus shout.

Philipp

On 11/06/2012 07:16 PM, Philipp Thomas wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 19:06:59 -0600, Duaine Hechler <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I may be a troll - BUT - this is REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> That doesn't change the fact that a) it's severely offtopic here and
> b) there is absolutely no reason to write all in caps and thus shout.
>
> Philipp
Why can't there be a difference between shouting and applying emphasis - which this was intend. (Especially since there
can not be bolding - for emphasis).

I learned, in the days, before email lists, that the only way, on a typewriter, to make anything emphasized was to put
in all caps.

For the record, from here on out, if I write something in all CAPS, it being emphasized and should not be considered
SHOUTING.

After all, computers and email lists, are relatively new to the scene compared to writing letters on a typewriter where
it is nearly impossible to emphasize something.

Duaine

On 11/06/2012 07:30 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:

> On 11/06/2012 07:16 PM, Philipp Thomas wrote:
>> On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 19:06:59 -0600, Duaine Hechler <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I may be a troll - BUT - this is REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>> That doesn't change the fact that a) it's severely offtopic here and
>> b) there is absolutely no reason to write all in caps and thus shout.
>>
>> Philipp
> Why can't there be a difference between shouting and applying emphasis - which this was intend. (Especially since
> there can not be bolding - for emphasis).
>
> I learned, in the days, before email lists, that the only way, on a typewriter, to make anything emphasized was to put
> in all caps.
>
> For the record, from here on out, if I write something in all CAPS, it being emphasized and should not be considered
> SHOUTING.
>
> After all, computers and email lists, are relatively new to the scene compared to writing letters on a typewriter
> where it is nearly impossible to emphasize something.
>
> Duaine

Furthermore, is there any rules on how to emphasize something ? - Since you can't bold anything !

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding
(314) 838-5587 / [hidden email] / www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
Home & Business user of Linux - 12 years

Re: OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP INSIDE IT....

Jim Cunning
On 11/06/2012 05:33 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:

> On 11/06/2012 07:30 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
>> On 11/06/2012 07:16 PM, Philipp Thomas wrote:

>>> That doesn't change the fact that a) it's severely offtopic here and
>>> b) there is absolutely no reason to write all in caps and thus shout.
>>>
>>> Philipp
>> Why can't there be a difference between shouting and applying
>> emphasis - which this was intend. (Especially since there can not be
>> bolding - for emphasis).
>>
>> I learned, in the days, before email lists, that the only way, on a
>> typewriter, to make anything emphasized was to put in all caps.
>>
>> For the record, from here on out, if I write something in all CAPS,
>> it being emphasized and should not be considered SHOUTING.
>>
>> After all, computers and email lists, are relatively new to the scene
>> compared to writing letters on a typewriter where it is nearly
>> impossible to emphasize something.
>>
>> Duaine
>>
> Furthermore, is there any rules on how to emphasize something ? -
> Since you can't bold anything !
>
> Duaine

You appear to be using Thunderbird, as am I.  This text should be
_underlined_ and this should be *bold*.

Jim

On 11/06/2012 07:41 PM, Jim Cunning wrote:

> On 11/06/2012 05:33 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:

>>> Why can't there be a difference between shouting and applying
>>> emphasis - which this was intend. (Especially since there can not be
>>> bolding - for emphasis).
>>>
>>> I learned, in the days, before email lists, that the only way, on a
>>> typewriter, to make anything emphasized was to put in all caps.
>>>
>>> For the record, from here on out, if I write something in all CAPS,
>>> it being emphasized and should not be considered SHOUTING.
>>>
>>> After all, computers and email lists, are relatively new to the scene
>>> compared to writing letters on a typewriter where it is nearly
>>> impossible to emphasize something.
>>>
>>> Duaine
>>>
>> Furthermore, is there any rules on how to emphasize something ? -
>> Since you can't bold anything !
>>
>> Duaine
>>
> You appear to be using Thunderbird, as am I.  This text should be
> _underlined_ and this should be *bold*.
>
> Jim
That is - only - one word. How do you do this for a sentence ?

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding
(314) 838-5587 / [hidden email] / www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
Home & Business user of Linux - 12 years

Re: OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP INSIDE IT....

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Duaine Hechler <[hidden email]> [11-06-12 20:51]:
> On 11/06/2012 07:41 PM, Jim Cunning wrote:
> >>
> >You appear to be using Thunderbird, as am I.  This text should be
> >_underlined_ and this should be *bold*.
> >
> >Jim
> That is - only - one word. How do you do this for a sentence ?

one word at a time, just as you *should* be trimming your quotes.

Get a clue!
--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://wahoo.no-ip.org        Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2

Re: OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP INSIDE IT....

Ken Schneider - openSUSE
On 11/06/2012 07:52 PM, Duaine Hechler pecked at the keyboard and wrote:

> DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP INSIDE
> IT....
>
> IF IT DOES, LITERALLY, ANYONE CAN STEAL YOU INFO........
>
> HERE IS THE TALE....................
>
> http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw%26sns=em
> <http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw%26sns=em>

Kerplunk. Way too much OT stuff from you and nobody likes the *shouting*.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998

Caps as Emphasis (was Re: [opensuse] OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD..............)

Duaine Hechler
I came from the old school of typewriters and computers......

Meaning the ONLY to emphasize something, was to put it in all CAPS.

Because I worked on the old computer equipment (keypunch, very old "dumb" terminals, etc) in which there was - no -
other - way - to - emphasize - but - to - put - in - all - CAPS. And, we were taught that underlining anything was
reserved for special cases, like references, etc.

So, how this became shouting, I haven't the foggiest idea.

For the umpteenth time, my apologies for my "old school" way of emphasizing things.

So, after nearly 45 years of this technique, I keep forgetting you all take this as shouting.

Kindest regards,
Duaine

P.S. As far as the subject matter, yes, it is OT, but I felt this was important enough to post it here, since it
involves every ones credit and debit card info potentially getting ripped off.

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding
(314) 838-5587 / [hidden email] / www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
Home & Business user of Linux - 12 years

Re: OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP INSIDE IT....

Mike-207
On Tuesday, November 06, 2012 08:11:15 PM Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:

> > HERE IS THE TALE....................
> >
> > http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw%26sns=em
> > <http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw%26sns=em>
>
> Kerplunk. Way too much OT stuff from you and nobody likes the *shouting*.

+1

Mike

Re: Caps as Emphasis (was Re: [opensuse] OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD..............)

Bernhard Voelker
On 11/07/2012 06:00 AM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
> So, how this became shouting, I haven't the foggiest idea.

It may be okay to emphasize ONE or TWO WORDs with caps.
but it's embarassing to have to read an email which is
*entirely* written in upper-case.

(I once had to work with a programming language which didn't
allow lower-case - that was horrible.)

Ah yes, and to repeat: the content was *much* too OT.

Have a nice day,
Berny

Re: OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP INSIDE IT....

Doug McGarrett
On 11/07/2012 12:12 AM, Mike wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 06, 2012 08:11:15 PM Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
>>> HERE IS THE TALE....................
>>>
>>> http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw%26sns=em
>>> <http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw%26sns=em>
>> Kerplunk. Way too much OT stuff from you and nobody likes the *shouting*.
> +1
>
> Mike
Everybody wants to be a Miss Grundy! Has anybody lost his eyesight
looking at those capital letters? I doubt it. And I, for one, appreciated
the message that came along with those majiscules. So there!

Just my 2¢--doug

Re: Caps as Emphasis (was Re: [opensuse] OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD..............)

Robin Klitscher-2
On 07/11/12 18:00, Duaine Hechler wrote:

<snip>

> P.S. As far as the subject matter, yes, it is OT, but I felt this was
> important enough to post it here, since it involves every ones credit
> and debit card info potentially getting ripped off.

see this (all without anything upper case in sight!!!);

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/identity/pickpocket.asp

--
Robin K
Wellington "Harbour City"

Re: Caps as Emphasis (was Re: [opensuse] OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD..............)

Bob Williams
On 07/11/12 05:00, Duaine Hechler wrote:

> I came from the old school of typewriters and computers......
>
> Meaning the ONLY to emphasize something, was to put it in all CAPS.
>
> Because I worked on the old computer equipment (keypunch, very old
> "dumb" terminals, etc) in which there was - no - other - way - to -
> emphasize - but - to - put - in - all - CAPS. And, we were taught that
> underlining anything was reserved for special cases, like references, etc.
>
> So, how this became shouting, I haven't the foggiest idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette#Netiquette

Please read the second paragraph.

> For the umpteenth time, my apologies for my "old school" way of
> emphasizing things.
>
> So, after nearly 45 years of this technique, I keep forgetting you all
> take this as shouting.

I only joined the Usenet community 20 years ago, so I'm a newcomer to
this world, but I learnt early on that all caps = shouting, that e-mail
is a text medium (no html), and to be conservative in what you send and
liberal in what you receive.

> Kindest regards,
> Duaine

Kind regards,

Bob
--
Bob Williams
System:  Linux 3.4.11-2.16-desktop

On 11/07/2012 01:24 AM, Doug wrote:

>>> Kerplunk. Way too much OT stuff from you and nobody likes the *shouting*.
>> +1
>>
>> Mike
> Everybody wants to be a Miss Grundy! Has anybody lost his eyesight
> looking at those capital letters? I doubt it. And I, for one, appreciated
> the message that came along with those majiscules. So there!
>
> Just my 2¢--doug

Thank you, Doug, for those kind words. I just knew, someone, would appreciate this message.

Thanks again, Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding
(314) 838-5587 / [hidden email] / www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
Home & Business user of Linux - 12 years

Re: OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP INSIDE IT....

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Duaine Hechler <[hidden email]> [11-07-12 15:30]:

> On 11/07/2012 01:24 AM, Doug wrote:

> >>+1
> >>
> >>Mike
> >Everybody wants to be a Miss Grundy! Has anybody lost his eyesight
> >looking at those capital letters? I doubt it. And I, for one, appreciated
> >the message that came along with those majiscules. So there!
> >
> >Just my 2¢--doug
> >
> Thank you, Doug, for those kind words. I just knew, someone, would appreciate this message.
>
> Thanks again, Duaine
>
> --
> Duaine Hechler
> Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding
> (314) 838-5587 / [hidden email] / www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
> Home & Business user of Linux - 12 years

# -------------------------------------------------------
:0:
* ^From.*[hidden email]
  /dev/null
# -------------------------------------------------------

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://wahoo.no-ip.org        Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member

Re: OT: DOES YOUR CREDIT CARD HAVE AN "RFID" (RADIO FREQUENCY ID) CHIP INSIDE IT....

Duaine Hechler

> * Duaine Hechler <[hidden email]> [11-07-12 15:30]:

>>> Everybody wants to be a Miss Grundy! Has anybody lost his eyesight
>>> looking at those capital letters? I doubt it. And I, for one, appreciated
>>> the message that came along with those majiscules. So there!
>>>
>>> Just my 2¢--doug
>>>
>> Thank you, Doug, for those kind words. I just knew, someone, would appreciate this message.
>>
>> Thanks again, Duaine
>>
>> --
>> Duaine Hechler
>> Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding
>> (314) 838-5587 / [hidden email] / www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
>> Home & Business user of Linux - 12 years
>>
>> --
>> To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

> :0:
> * ^From.*[hidden email]
>    /dev/null

_Same to ya pal !_