OS 12.2 KDE and reboot options

JC Francois
Hi,

I just upgraded my OS 12.1 installation to OS 12.2 on my dual boot (Win
7 and OS) system and everything went smoothly.

The bootloader seems to still be GRUB 0.97 while I expected 2.0 but that
is really not a big deal.

What I have lost (and miss) are the options that I used to get when I
clicked long on the "restart computer" button. I used to see the list of
the GRUB partitions displayed and had the choice to select what
partition I wanted to boot back in (for example reboot in Win7).

Is there any way to restore that functionality?

Thanks,

/~JC

Re: OS 12.2 KDE and reboot options

James Knott
JC Francois wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded my OS 12.1 installation to OS 12.2 on my dual boot
> (Win 7 and OS) system and everything went smoothly.
>
> The bootloader seems to still be GRUB 0.97 while I expected 2.0 but
> that is really not a big deal.
>
> What I have lost (and miss) are the options that I used to get when I
> clicked long on the "restart computer" button. I used to see the list
> of the GRUB partitions displayed and had the choice to select what
> partition I wanted to boot back in (for example reboot in Win7).
>
> Is there any way to restore that functionality?

I lost that a long time ago in 12.1.

On 02/10/12 14:28, James Knott wrote:

> JC Francois wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> What I have lost (and miss) are the options that I used to get when I
>> clicked long on the "restart computer" button. I used to see the list
>> of the GRUB partitions displayed and had the choice to select what
>> partition I wanted to boot back in (for example reboot in Win7).
>>
>> Is there any way to restore that functionality?
>>

> I lost that a long time ago in 12.1.

I found the solution on my own. For anybody interested:

Under Configure Desktop > Login Screen > Shutdown select the boot
manager that you are using in the drop-down box under "Miscellaneous"
(for me it was "grub"). Logout. Login.
Next time you click and hold "restart" you should see the grub boot
options menu.

/~JC