OBS: unresolvable: nothing provides librpm.so.7()(64bit) needed by rpmlint-mini

OBS: unresolvable: nothing provides librpm.so.7()(64bit) needed by rpmlint-mini

Martin Wilck-2
I've just recently encountered this problem, what can / should I do
about it?

$ grep  rpmlint /tmp/buildinfo.txt
  <error>unresolvable: nothing provides librpm.so.7()(64bit) needed by
rpmlint-mini, nothing provides librpmio.so.7()(64bit) needed by
rpmlint-mini</error>
expand args: device-mapper-devel libaio-devel librados-devel libjson-c-
devel libudev-devel liburcu-devel readline-devel udev
pkgconfig(libsystemd) pkgconfig(systemd) dracut liblua5_3-5 aaa_base
attr bash coreutils diffutils filesystem fillup glibc grep libbz2-1
libgcc_s1 libncurses6 pam permissions libreadline7 rpm sed tar libz1
libselinux1 liblzma5 libcap2 libacl1 libattr1 libpopt0 libelf1 libpcre1
rpm-build gcc-PIE perl build-mkbaselibs brp-check-suse post-build-
checks rpmlint-Factory hostname build-compare --directdepsend-- --
directdepsend-- coreutils grep
added rpmlint-Factory@openSUSE:Factory/standard because of rpmlint-
Factory (direct dep)
added rpmlint-mini@openSUSE:Factory/standard because of rpmlint-
Factory:rpmlint-mini
added libexpat1@openSUSE:Factory/standard because of rpmlint-
mini:libexpat.so.1()(64bit)

--
Dr. Martin Wilck <[hidden email]>, Tel. +49 (0)911 74053 2107
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton

Re: OBS: unresolvable: nothing provides librpm.so.7()(64bit) needed by rpmlint-mini

Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
On Fri, 2017-12-22 at 18:34 +0100, Martin Wilck wrote:
> I've just recently encountered this problem, what can / should I do
> about it?
>

> $ grep  rpmlint /tmp/buildinfo.txt
>   <error>unresolvable: nothing provides librpm.so.7()(64bit) needed by
> rpmlint-mini, nothing provides librpmio.so.7()(64bit) needed by
> rpmlint-mini</error>

It depends - are you building against pure Tumbleweed? Then I'm afraid
I don't have an explanation for this, as the rpm version did not change
in a while now (4.13.0.1 landed in March 2017) - but apparently OBS did
no longer 'remember' how it can satisfy librpm.so.7() (which comes from
the rpm package itself). Is this something that is still visible as a
problem now or did the issue vanish already again?

If there are other repositories involved (most likely Base:System) then
there is reason to it, as librpm.so.7 no longer exists there, but moved
to .so.8

Cheers
Dominique

Re: OBS: unresolvable: nothing provides librpm.so.7()(64bit) needed by rpmlint-mini

Martin Wilck-2
On Fri, 2017-12-22 at 18:45 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
wrote:

> Is this something that is still visible as a
> problem now or did the issue vanish already again?

I'm still seeing it.

> If there are other repositories involved (most likely Base:System)
> then
> there is reason to it, as librpm.so.7 no longer exists there, but
> moved
> to .so.8

Yes, we're talking about Base:System. My repository is a branch of it.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:mwilck:branches:Base:System/multipath-tools

The question is how this dependency was created.
It seems to come from the buildinfo.

osc buildconfig Base:System  openSUSE_Factory | grep rpmlint
Support: post-build-checks rpmlint-Factory
Support: rpmlint-Factory-strict

rpmlint-mini requires librpm.so.7, which is indeed not provided by the
"rpm" package in openSUSE:Factory any more. Apparently rpmlint-mini
would need to be rebuilt against the new library? I'll try to add it to
my project.

Martin

On Fri, 2017-12-22 at 22:14 +0100, Martin Wilck wrote:

> rpmlint-mini requires librpm.so.7, which is indeed not provided by
> the
> "rpm" package in openSUSE:Factory any more. Apparently rpmlint-mini
> would need to be rebuilt against the new library? I'll try to add it
> to my project.

That worked. I added rpmlint-mini to my project and built it against
librpm.so.8. Now my other packages build again, too.

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Wilck <[hidden email]>, Tel. +49 (0)911 74053 2107
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Re: OBS: unresolvable: nothing provides librpm.so.7()(64bit) needed by rpmlint-mini

Brüns, Stefan
On Friday, December 22, 2017 10:14:53 PM CET Martin Wilck wrote:

> On Fri, 2017-12-22 at 18:45 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
>
> wrote:
> > Is this something that is still visible as a
> > problem now or did the issue vanish already again?
>
> I'm still seeing it.
>
> > If there are other repositories involved (most likely Base:System)
> > then
> > there is reason to it, as librpm.so.7 no longer exists there, but
> > moved
> > to .so.8
>
> Yes, we're talking about Base:System. My repository is a branch of it.
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:mwilck:branches:Base:System/mul
> tipath-tools
>
> The question is how this dependency was created.
> It seems to come from the buildinfo.
>
> osc buildconfig Base:System  openSUSE_Factory | grep rpmlint
> Support: post-build-checks rpmlint-Factory
> Support: rpmlint-Factory-strict
>
> rpmlint-mini requires librpm.so.7, which is indeed not provided by the
> "rpm" package in openSUSE:Factory any more. Apparently rpmlint-mini
> would need to be rebuilt against the new library? I'll try to add it to
> my project.
>
> Martin
Unfortunately, somehow the rpmlint-mini package was screwed up hard in
Base:System for almost two weeks. The package in Base:System was a _link to
openSUSE:Factory, but had a project.diff. The project.diff no longer applied,
as openSUSE:Factory contained the changes already.

In the meantime, rpmlint* was deleted from Base:System, so the only provider
of rpmlint-mini is the inherited one from o:F, which is not installable due to
the missing librpm.so.8.

Kind regards,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
home: +49 241 53809034     mobile: +49 151 50412019

Re: OBS: unresolvable: nothing provides librpm.so.7()(64bit) needed by rpmlint-mini

Bernhard Voelker
On 12/23/2017 12:22 AM, Stefan Brüns wrote:
> Unfortunately, somehow the rpmlint-mini package was screwed up hard in
> Base:System for almost two weeks. The package in Base:System was a _link to
> openSUSE:Factory, but had a project.diff. The project.diff no longer applied,
> as openSUSE:Factory contained the changes already.
>
> In the meantime, rpmlint* was deleted from Base:System, so the only provider
> of rpmlint-mini is the inherited one from o:F, which is not installable due to
> the missing librpm.so.8.

I'm still seeing the sane issue (for another B:S package).
Any ETA when this will be solved?

Thanks & have a nice day,
Berny

Re: OBS: unresolvable: nothing provides librpm.so.7()(64bit) needed by rpmlint-mini

Andreas Schwab-2
On Dez 23 2017, Stefan Brüns <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In the meantime, rpmlint* was deleted from Base:System, so the only provider
> of rpmlint-mini is the inherited one from o:F, which is not installable due to
> the missing librpm.so.8.

rpmlint-mini should be recreated (as a link to its devel project)
because Base:System also contains rpm.  Otherwise the same situation
will reappear the next time rpm upgrades its shared libraries.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7