OBS frontend team sprint report

Henne Vogelsang-2
Hey,

time flies, again 14 days of hacking on the OBS frontend have passed.
Here is our report on what has happened. It's full of daring
refactorings, awesome features and face-palm-bug fixes!

http://openbuildservice.org/2017/05/19/frontend-sprint-report-2/

We hope you enjoy it!

The Build Solutions Team

Re: OBS frontend team sprint report

Jan Engelhardt-4
On Friday 2017-05-19 16:41, Henne Vogelsang wrote:

> time flies, again 14 days of hacking on the OBS frontend have passed. Here is
> our report on what has happened. It's full of daring refactorings, awesome
> features and face-palm-bug fixes!
>
> http://openbuildservice.org/2017/05/19/frontend-sprint-report-2/

Hi, would it be possible to stop using grays-on-white for continuous
text? It really hurts the contrast (and there are people with worse eyesight
than mine, just think of them!)

Point in case:
https://build.opensuse.org/, "The openSUSE Build Service is the public
instance of the Open Build Service (OBS) used for development..."
is actually #444444 rather than #000000. (30% reduced contrast)

Blogsite URL from above, "We have pushed out version 2.8.1. You..." is actually
#666666 (and should be #000000), something like a 40% reduced contrast.

Re: OBS frontend team sprint report

Brian K. White
On 5/19/2017 10:57 AM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> On Friday 2017-05-19 16:41, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
>
>> time flies, again 14 days of hacking on the OBS frontend have passed. Here is
>> our report on what has happened. It's full of daring refactorings, awesome
>> features and face-palm-bug fixes!
>>
>> http://openbuildservice.org/2017/05/19/frontend-sprint-report-2/
>
> Hi, would it be possible to stop using grays-on-white for continuous
> text? It really hurts the contrast (and there are people with worse eyesight
> than mine, just think of them!)
>
> Point in case:
> https://build.opensuse.org/, "The openSUSE Build Service is the public
> instance of the Open Build Service (OBS) used for development..."
> is actually #444444 rather than #000000. (30% reduced contrast)
>
> Blogsite URL from above, "We have pushed out version 2.8.1. You..." is actually
> #666666 (and should be #000000), something like a 40% reduced contrast.

Looks good to me. Too much contrast is also it's own, different, bad
thing. Perhaps your monitor is not well calibrated?

Or, if your monitor settings are good and you just have special needs,
then configure your browser to override the site css. There are lots of
accessibility plugins for this. I would say considerate sites are
obligated to at least ALLOW such overrides without going to lengths to
prevent them just for this reason. I don't know where build.opensuse
rates on that score.

--
bkw