Novell-Microsoft: How many times can you sell your soul?

Novell-Microsoft: How many times can you sell your soul?

Fred A. Miller
Linux may win someday, but Novell will be found dead one morning with
mysterious bite marks on its neck.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ratcliffe/index.php?p=216

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: Novell-Microsoft: How many times can you sell your soul?

Rob Unsworth
On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Fred A. Miller wrote:

> Linux may win someday, but Novell will be found dead one morning with
> mysterious bite marks on its neck.
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ratcliffe/index.php?p=216

This view from Simon Phipps (Sun) shows how Microsoft can turn the tables
in their favour.

http://blogs.sun.com/webmink/entry/the_morning_after

Novell thinks they had a win :)

Rob Unsworth
Ipswich, Australia
Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: Novell-Microsoft: How many times can you sell your soul?

John Andersen
On Friday 03 November 2006 23:28, Rob Unsworth in Ipswich wrote:

> > Linux may win someday, but Novell will be found dead one morning with
> > mysterious bite marks on its neck.
> >
> > http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ratcliffe/index.php?p=216
>
> This view from Simon Phipps (Sun) shows how Microsoft can turn the tables
> in their favour.
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/webmink/entry/the_morning_after
>
> Novell thinks they had a win :)
E-gads Ron, I don't know what's more annoying, people wiping
Wikipedia links in your face the battle of the blogs...

I tell ya, its scary what passes for knowledge these days.
--
_____________________________________
John Andersen

SPAM: Re: Novell-Microsoft: How many times can you sell your soul?

Steve Jeppesen
On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 02:41:25 -0500
Fred A. Miller wrote:

> Linux may win someday, but Novell will be found dead one morning with
> mysterious bite marks on its neck.
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ratcliffe/index.php?p=216

call me a troll or whatever, but could all these news postings about
recent activities between Novel and M$ be moved over to the OT list
Fred?

It seems there are a number of "news" postings you made in the last
week to this list that deal nothing with SuSE support, just news
clippings to start a whole lot of chatter.  Somebody else mentioned in
another post where they were seeking help that they can't get their
answer now with all this flap in here.

Sorry, you all can go back to doing what ever it is you were doing.

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: Novell-Microsoft: How many times can you sell your soul?

Geoffrey-2
Rob Unsworth wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Fred A. Miller wrote:
>
>> Linux may win someday, but Novell will be found dead one morning with
>> mysterious bite marks on its neck.
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ratcliffe/index.php?p=216
>
> This view from Simon Phipps (Sun) shows how Microsoft can turn the tables
> in their favour.
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/webmink/entry/the_morning_after
>
> Novell thinks they had a win :)

We need a European company to step up and buy SuSE from Novell.  Likely
impossible based on this recent agreement though.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: Novell-Microsoft: How many times can you sell your soul?

Patrick Shanahan
* Geoffrey <[hidden email]> [11-04-06 11:37]:
> We need a European company to step up and buy SuSE from Novell.
> Likely impossible based on this recent agreement though.

WHAT we need to do is to sit back an wait for a full explanation of the
alliance and look for changes affecting openSUSE that do not fit,
instead of jumping the gun and condemning something that we really know
very little about.
--
Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535
http://wahoo.no-ip.org                        @ http://counter.li.org

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: Novell-Microsoft: How many times can you sell your soul?

Amit Joshi-3
On Saturday 04 November 2006 10:05 pm, Geoffrey wrote:

> Rob Unsworth wrote:
> > On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> >> Linux may win someday, but Novell will be found dead one morning with
> >> mysterious bite marks on its neck.
> >>
> >> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ratcliffe/index.php?p=216
> >
> > This view from Simon Phipps (Sun) shows how Microsoft can turn the tables
> > in their favour.
> >
> > http://blogs.sun.com/webmink/entry/the_morning_after
> >
> > Novell thinks they had a win :)
>
> We need a European company to step up and buy SuSE from Novell.  Likely
> impossible based on this recent agreement though.

And why do you think Novell would even sell SuSE?

--
Remember fellas, what we do in life echoes in eternity!

On Saturday 04 November 2006 07:42, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> WHAT we need to do is to sit back an wait for a full explanation of the
> alliance and look for changes affecting openSUSE that do not fit,
> instead of jumping the gun and condemning something that we really know
> very little about.

While its true we don't know EVERYTHING, what we do know
already seems to violate the GPL.  That alone cries out for clarification.

If everyone sat back quietly, as you suggest, JUST WHAT IMPETUS would
there be for any more detailed explanations coming forward?

Had not the huge howl rang out when Novell announced that GNOME
would be their focus for SLED (still a laughable decision) 10.2 would
be in beta today with Gnome as the default.

Saying we should all STFU and not voice our opinions is counter-productive
and probably NOT what Novell wants.  The want and need to hear the
concerns of the community.

Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Geoffrey <[hidden email]> [11-04-06 11:37]:
>> We need a European company to step up and buy SuSE from Novell.
>> Likely impossible based on this recent agreement though.
>

> WHAT we need to do is to sit back an wait for a full explanation of the
> alliance and look for changes affecting openSUSE that do not fit,
> instead of jumping the gun and condemning something that we really know
> very little about.

I know a whole lot about how Microsoft operates.  I don't think there is
any company or agreement that will change that.  As I've stated before,
just look at the history of companies that have 'partnered' with Microsoft.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin

Amit Joshi wrote:

> On Saturday 04 November 2006 10:05 pm, Geoffrey wrote:
>> Rob Unsworth wrote:

>>> This view from Simon Phipps (Sun) shows how Microsoft can turn the tables
>>> in their favour.
>>>
>>> http://blogs.sun.com/webmink/entry/the_morning_after
>>>
>>> Novell thinks they had a win :)
>> We need a European company to step up and buy SuSE from Novell.  Likely
>> impossible based on this recent agreement though.
>>

> And why do you think Novell would even sell SuSE?

If the price is right any company will sell..

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: Novell-Microsoft: How many times can you sell your soul?

Hans Witvliet
On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 16:49 -0500, Geoffrey wrote:

> > And why do you think Novell would even sell SuSE?
>
> If the price is right any company will sell..
>
> --

Not entirely true.
If one can convince shareholders not to agree, you can bid what ever you
like.

hwit
--
pgp-id: 926EBB12
pgp-fingerprint: BE97 1CBF FAC4 236C 4A73  F76E EDFC D032 926E BB12

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]