Noarch package, with arch-specific subpackage

Noarch package, with arch-specific subpackage

Robert Munteanu
Hi,

I'm trying to package Maven 3.5.0 in devel:tools:building . One change
brought by this version is that it packages two .so files for native
console support.

Being a Java program, the package was built as noarch so far. Now I
would like to keep most of the package as 'noarch' and package the
arch-specific bits in subpackages. But I have no idea how to do that
:-)

If I keep the main package as 'noarch' and define a subpackage, the
subpackage will be noarch as well. If I try to manually define an
architecture for the subpackage using

BuildArch:  %{_arch}

rpmbuild complains that

[    2s] error: line 57: Only noarch subpackages are supported:
BuildArch:      x86_64

Is there a way of building a NoArch main package with a arch-specific
subpackage?

Thanks,

Robert

--
http://robert.muntea.nu/

Re: Noarch package, with arch-specific subpackage

Adrian Schröter
On Montag, 29. Mai 2017, 16:06:10 CEST wrote Robert Munteanu:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to package Maven 3.5.0 in devel:tools:building . One change
> brought by this version is that it packages two .so files for native
> console support.
>
> Being a Java program, the package was built as noarch so far. Now I
> would like to keep most of the package as 'noarch' and package the
> arch-specific bits in subpackages. But I have no idea how to do that
> :-)
>
> If I keep the main package as 'noarch' and define a subpackage, the
> subpackage will be noarch as well. If I try to manually define an
> architecture for the subpackage using
>
> BuildArch:  %{_arch}
>
> rpmbuild complains that
>
> [    2s] error: line 57: Only noarch subpackages are supported:
> BuildArch:      x86_64
>
> Is there a way of building a NoArch main package with a arch-specific
> subpackage?

No, but you can use main package name in %package and put the sub-package
name as master name ;)

Name:   asd-bcd

%package -n asd
BuildArch: noarch

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 4:54 PM, Adrian Schröter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Montag, 29. Mai 2017, 16:06:10 CEST wrote Robert Munteanu:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to package Maven 3.5.0 in devel:tools:building . One change
>> brought by this version is that it packages two .so files for native
>> console support.
>>
>> Being a Java program, the package was built as noarch so far. Now I
>> would like to keep most of the package as 'noarch' and package the
>> arch-specific bits in subpackages. But I have no idea how to do that
>> :-)
>>
>> If I keep the main package as 'noarch' and define a subpackage, the
>> subpackage will be noarch as well. If I try to manually define an
>> architecture for the subpackage using
>>
>> BuildArch:  %{_arch}
>>
>> rpmbuild complains that
>>
>> [    2s] error: line 57: Only noarch subpackages are supported:
>> BuildArch:      x86_64
>>
>> Is there a way of building a NoArch main package with a arch-specific
>> subpackage?
>
> No, but you can use main package name in %package and put the sub-package
> name as master name ;)
>
> Name:   asd-bcd
>
> %package -n asd
> BuildArch: noarch