No help in OpenOffice 64 bit.

James Knott
I have the 64 bit version of OpenOffice installed and have found there
is no help available.  When I open help, I get a list of topics on the
left side, but on the right side, there's a long list of "You have found
a bug" messages listing a missing file.  Is there anyway to correct
this?  I have also tried updating to the lastest version, 2.0.3-1, but
that didn't make any difference.  The 32 bit version doesn't have this
problem.

tnx jk

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: No help in OpenOffice 64 bit.

Patrick Shanahan
* James Knott <[hidden email]> [08-13-06 13:16]:
> I have the 64 bit version of OpenOffice installed and have found there
> is no help available.  When I open help, I get a list of topics on the
> left side, but on the right side, there's a long list of "You have found
> a bug" messages listing a missing file.  Is there anyway to correct
> this?  I have also tried updating to the lastest version, 2.0.3-1, but
> that didn't make any difference.  The 32 bit version doesn't have this
> problem.

No problem here, x86_64 system, but:

13:35 wahoo:~ > smart query OpenOffice_org
OpenOffice_org-2.0.2-25@i586
OpenOffice_org-2.0.2-27.12@i586

where did you get your OpenOffice_org ?  Doesn't look like SUSE has
provided a 64_bit version!  Might be the problem.
--
Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535
http://wahoo.no-ip.org                        @ http://counter.li.org

Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> * James Knott <[hidden email]> [08-13-06 13:16]:
>> I have the 64 bit version of OpenOffice installed and have found there
>> is no help available.  When I open help, I get a list of topics on the
>> left side, but on the right side, there's a long list of "You have found
>> a bug" messages listing a missing file.  Is there anyway to correct
>> this?  I have also tried updating to the lastest version, 2.0.3-1, but
>> that didn't make any difference.  The 32 bit version doesn't have this
>> problem.
>
> No problem here, x86_64 system, but:
>
> 13:35 wahoo:~ > smart query OpenOffice_org
> OpenOffice_org-2.0.2-25@i586
> OpenOffice_org-2.0.2-27.12@i586
>
> where did you get your OpenOffice_org ?  Doesn't look like SUSE has
> provided a 64_bit version!  Might be the problem.

I got it from

http://ftp.gwdg.de/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/projects/OpenOffice.org/10.1-x86_64/2.0.3-1

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: No help in OpenOffice 64 bit.

Patrick Shanahan
* James Knott <[hidden email]> [08-13-06 13:43]:

> I got it from
>
> http://ftp.gwdg.de/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/projects/

re:

http://ftp.gwdg.de/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/projects/OpenOffice.org/

Dear User,

all packages below this directory are not supported
in any way by SuSE. You have to use them on your own risk.

As time permits, I maintain rebuilds of the "bleeding edge
but supposedly usable" packages for older distributions.

The primary purpose actualy is to provide newer snapshots for
SUSE Linux 9.3 until the OpenOffice.org-2.0-final is available.

These packages often have old bugs removed, but sometimes new
ones added!

Feedback is very much appreciated, and will help us to provide
improved packages in the future!

Thanks,
Petr Mladek <[hidden email]>

Appears you need to give him feedback.