New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!

Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!

Richard Brown
On 30 January 2018 at 11:40, Mykola Krachkovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:
> понеділок, 29 січня 2018 р. 18:44:17 EET Michael Emory Cerquoni написано:
>> Thanks yea the new bulb is quite terrible.
>
> Hmm, am I the only one here who tired of old bulb and thinks new bulb at least
> cool? What's so wrong with new bulb to revert it to old one? It has its style.

you're not the only one ;)

Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!

Peter Suetterlin-2
Mykola Krachkovsky wrote:
> понеділок, 29 січня 2018 р. 18:44:17 EET Michael Emory Cerquoni написано:
> > Thanks yea the new bulb is quite terrible.
>
> Hmm, am I the only one here who tired of old bulb and thinks new bulb at least
> cool? What's so wrong with new bulb to revert it to old one? It has its style.

Sure it has.

Rembrandt is/was a great artist.
Still I wouldn't place one of his paintings in my house....

Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!

Mykola Krachkovsky
понеділок, 29 січня 2018 р. 16:56:51 EET Stasiek написано:
> being original creator of the new bulb

Thanks, I do like it. It's cool and has a style. Just the glow, IMHO, is out
of it.

--
Kind regards,
Mykola Krachkovsky

Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!

Cristiano Guadagnino
Hi Mykola!

On 30/01/2018 11:40, Mykola Krachkovsky wrote:

> Hmm, am I the only one here who tired of old bulb and thinks new bulb at least
> cool? What's so wrong with new bulb to revert it to old one? It has its style.

No you're not. I quite like the new bulb, too.

Cris

Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Mykola Krachkovsky <[hidden email]> [01-30-18 05:46]:
> понеділок, 29 січня 2018 р. 16:56:51 EET Stasiek написано:
> > being original creator of the new bulb
>
> Thanks, I do like it. It's cool and has a style. Just the glow, IMHO, is out
> of it.

  move filamentglow.svg to filamentglow.svg.new

and you will not have the "glow", aiui.

Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!

Mykola Krachkovsky
вівторок, 30 січня 2018 р. 14:48:16 EET Patrick Shanahan написано:

> * Mykola Krachkovsky <[hidden email]> [01-30-18 05:46]:
> > понеділок, 29 січня 2018 р. 16:56:51 EET Stasiek написано:
> > > being original creator of the new bulb
> >
> > Thanks, I do like it. It's cool and has a style. Just the glow, IMHO, is
> > out of it.
>
>   move filamentglow.svg to filamentglow.svg.new
>
> and you will not have the "glow", aiui.
Nah, I'm too lazy to fix it after each update. If something really bothers me,
I make a package in home OBS repo with patch.

--
Kind regards,
Mykola Krachkovsky

Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!

Stefan Seyfried
On 30.01.2018 14:57, Mykola Krachkovsky wrote:

> вівторок, 30 січня 2018 р. 14:48:16 EET Patrick Shanahan написано:
>> * Mykola Krachkovsky <[hidden email]> [01-30-18 05:46]:
>>> понеділок, 29 січня 2018 р. 16:56:51 EET Stasiek написано:
>>>
>>> Thanks, I do like it. It's cool and has a style. Just the glow, IMHO, is
>>> out of it.
>>
>>   move filamentglow.svg to filamentglow.svg.new
>>
>> and you will not have the "glow", aiui.
>
> Nah, I'm too lazy to fix it after each update. If something really bothers me,
> I make a package in home OBS repo with patch.

Why don't you just copy the old pics to $HOME and just use them?

I have not seen a SUSE branding since ~10 years (unless I wanted to and deliberately created another user or installed a
test VM)
--
Stefan Seyfried

Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!

Daniele
Il 30/01/2018 11:45, Mykola Krachkovsky ha scritto:
> понеділок, 29 січня 2018 р. 16:56:51 EET Stasiek написано:
>> being original creator of the new bulb
>
> Thanks, I do like it. It's cool and has a style. Just the glow, IMHO, is out
> of it.

I agree, the bulb itself is good but the glow effect does not fit too
well, IMHO.

Daniele.

Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!

nicholas cunliffe
> I agree, the bulb itself is good but the glow effect does not fit too well,

the new bulb has a 'playful' and 'cartoon' like crayon depiction. the
glow 'spotlight' has a 'dramatic/moody/scene-rendered' depiction. I
think the 2 styles clash. perhaps run with the playful/cartoon aspect?

Il 30/01/2018 18:13, nicholas cunliffe ha scritto:
>> I agree, the bulb itself is good but the glow effect does not fit too well,
>
> the new bulb has a 'playful' and 'cartoon' like crayon depiction. the
> glow 'spotlight' has a 'dramatic/moody/scene-rendered' depiction. I
> think the 2 styles clash. perhaps run with the playful/cartoon aspect?

I cannot say for sure what is wrong.. it should be less invasive and try
to simulate the bulb light just around the bulb. Maybe the animation
should be a bit slower.

Also I can see the black border on the bottom side.

Daniele.

Re: Plasma 5.12 splash theme (Was: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!)

Fabian Vogt

Am Dienstag, 30. Januar 2018, 18:13:47 CET schrieb nicholas cunliffe:
> > I agree, the bulb itself is good but the glow effect does not fit too well,
>
> the new bulb has a 'playful' and 'cartoon' like crayon depiction. the
> glow 'spotlight' has a 'dramatic/moody/scene-rendered' depiction. I
> think the 2 styles clash. perhaps run with the playful/cartoon aspect?

the glow is basically the same as the old one, just centered (the main reason
to not center the old bulb was to fit the wallpaper).

(To everyone:)

If you have any suggestions or even code/svgs, feel free to open a pull request
or issue on

https://github.com/openSUSE/plasma-opensuse/tree/leap-15.x/config-files/usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.openSUSE.desktop/contents/splash

Changes can be tested quite easily if you edit it in the system location and
run ksplashqml --test (or just the one in systemsettings).

Thanks,
Fabian

Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!

Basil Chupin-2
On 30/01/18 02:32, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> * [hidden email] <[hidden email]> [01-29-18 09:42]:
>> On Mon, 2018-01-29 at 09:26 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
>>> attack dog
>> You forgot to add imo next to this as well.
>>
>> Imo
> offering a description is from the eyes of the observer, therefore an
> opinion of observed conditions.
>
> are you endeavouring to place me in a position to be banned?  the OP's
> post was made publically, and was "imo" derogatory of me.  the post could
> just as well served by being off-list.
>
> but while the other posts were fitting for opensuse-factory, the
> conversation has deviated enough to no longer be on topic.
>
> we can continue privately, if you wish.  I really do not.

I personally see merit in your comment.

> and according to my logs, there is a considerable interest in the older
> bulb.png.

On the other hand, I absolutely LOVE the graphics on the new login menu
-- in keeping with the times :-).

BC

--
Always be nice to people on your way up -- you'll see
the same people on your way down.

BULB! (was: Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!)

Christoph Feck-2
Could you PLEASE change the subject?

Re: BULB!

Basil Chupin-2
On 31/01/18 13:29, Christoph Feck wrote:
> Could you PLEASE change the subject?

What *ARE* you talking about?!

BC

--
Always be nice to people on your way up -- you'll see
the same people on your way down.

Re: BULB!

Carlos E. R.-2
On 2018-02-02 05:42, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 31/01/18 13:29, Christoph Feck wrote:
>> Could you PLEASE change the subject?
>
> What *ARE* you talking about?!

:-)

Change the subject field of the email so that it is known that you are talking about of something
different than the first post of the thread, which is created by a robot.

That is, instead of naming the post "[opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!",
name it "BULB!" or something so that people know.

This is in fact a request that is made on every such robot post:

   When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject.
   It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread
   while discussing a specific problem.

HTH :-)

                (from oS 42.3 "Malachite" (rescate 1))

Re: BULB!

Basil Chupin-2
On 02/02/18 16:03, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> On 2018-02-02 05:42, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> On 31/01/18 13:29, Christoph Feck wrote:
>>> Could you PLEASE change the subject?
>> What *ARE* you talking about?!
> :-)
>
> Change the subject field of the email so that it is known that you are talking about of something
> different than the first post of the thread, which is created by a robot.
>
> That is, instead of naming the post "[opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!",
> name it "BULB!" or something so that people know.
>
> This is in fact a request that is made on every such robot post:
>
>    When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject.
>    It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread
>    while discussing a specific problem.
>

> HTH :-)

No, it doesn't help me at all.

I was responding to what Patrick wrote and there are some 8 or so posts
before his so any requests to alter the Subject should have been made
earlier.

BC

--
Always be nice to people on your way up -- you'll see
the same people on your way down.

Re: To change Subject or not to change

Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
On Fri, 2018-02-02 at 16:46 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:

> On 02/02/18 16:03, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > >
> > > What *ARE* you talking about?!
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > Change the subject field of the email so that it is known that you are talking about of something
> > different than the first post of the thread, which is created by a robot.
> >
> > That is, instead of naming the post "[opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!",
> > name it "BULB!" or something so that people know.
> >
> > This is in fact a request that is made on every such robot post:
> >
> >    When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject.
> >    It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread
> >    while discussing a specific problem.
> >

> > HTH :-)
>
> No, it doesn't help me at all.
>
> I was responding to what Patrick wrote and there are some 8 or so posts
> before his so any requests to alter the Subject should have been made
> earlier.
It's never too late: every sinle person replying to a mail thread has
the capability to change the subject to give insight about the topic of
the mail.

The fact that you were just the last sender is merely a coincidence and
I am sure the request to change topic was not explicitly targetted at
you - but at all writers in this thread.

Cheers,
Dominique

Re: BULB!

On 2018-02-02 06:46, Basil Chupin wrote:

> On 02/02/18 16:03, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>>> What *ARE* you talking about?!
>> :-)
>>
>> Change the subject field of the email so that it is known that you are talking about of something
>> different than the first post of the thread, which is created by a robot.
>>
>> That is, instead of naming the post "[opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!",
>> name it "BULB!" or something so that people know.
>>
>> This is in fact a request that is made on every such robot post:
>>
>>    When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject.
>>    It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread
>>    while discussing a specific problem.
>>

>> HTH :-)
>
> No, it doesn't help me at all.
>
> I was responding to what Patrick wrote and there are some 8 or so posts
> before his so any requests to alter the Subject should have been made
> earlier.

True, but anyone in the chain can notice and change the subject. Surely Christoph was not aiming at
you, but at everybody :-)

                (from oS 42.3 "Malachite" (rescate 1))