New Tumbleweed snapshot 20170618 released!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

New Tumbleweed snapshot 20170618 released!

Dominique Leuenberger

Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.

Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&version=Tumbleweed&build=20170618

When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject.
It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread
while discussing a specific problem.

Packages changed:
  ffmpeg (3.3.1 -> 3.3.2)
  gstreamer (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
  gstreamer-plugins-bad (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
  gstreamer-plugins-base (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
  gstreamer-plugins-good (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
  gstreamer-plugins-ugly (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
  libbluray (1.0.0 -> 1.0.1)
  libgusb (0.2.9 -> 0.2.10)
  libopenmpt
  libqt5-qtwebengine
  libwacom
  openslp
  polkit
  remmina (1.2.0~rcgit.13 -> 1.2.0~rcgit.18)
  rpm
  ruby2.2
  zlib

=== Details ===

==== ffmpeg ====
Version update (3.3.1 -> 3.3.2)
Subpackages: libavcodec57 libavfilter6 libavformat57 libavresample3 libavutil55 libpostproc54 libswresample2 libswscale4

- Update to new upstream release 3.3.2
  * Various fixes for integer overflows and too-large bit shifts

==== gstreamer ====
Version update (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
Subpackages: gstreamer-devel gstreamer-utils libgstreamer-1_0-0 libgstreamer-1_0-0-32bit typelib-1_0-Gst-1_0

- Update to version 1.12.0:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#782050.
- Update to version 1.11.91:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#781585, bgo#781585, bgo#780757, bgo#781484,
    bgo#781155, bgo#781155, bgo#780903.
- Changes from version 1.11.90:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#753754, bgo#775445, bgo#776140, bgo#776293,
    bgo#776999, bgo#778193, bgo#778830, bgo#779175, bgo#779459,
    bgo#779755, bgo#779831, bgo#780111, bgo#780751, bgo#780923.
  + Updated translations.
- Update to version 1.11.2:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#764707, bgo#773091, bgo#777375, bgo#777449,
    bgo#777780, bgo#777810, bgo#778866.

==== gstreamer-plugins-bad ====
Version update (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
Subpackages: libgstadaptivedemux-1_0-0 libgstbadaudio-1_0-0 libgstbadbase-1_0-0 libgstbadvideo-1_0-0 libgstbasecamerabinsrc-1_0-0 libgstcodecparsers-1_0-0 libgstgl-1_0-0 libgstmpegts-1_0-0 libgstphotography-1_0-0 libgsturidownloader-1_0-0 libgstwayland-1_0-0

- Pass --disable-mpegpsmux, --disable-mpegtsmux and
  - -disable-resindvd to configure when building for openSUSE on the
  OBS until we can get the licensing sorted upstream. Move the
  plugins to the orig-addon package.
- Add missing libgstplayer-1_0-0 Requires to
  gstreamer-plugins-bad-devel sub package.
- Update to version 1.12.0:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#773681, bgo#764947, bgo#780976, bgo#782046,
    bgo#782119, bgo#782078.
- Changes from version 1.11.91:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#729371, bgo#764011, bgo#778237, bgo#780190,
    bgo#780397, bgo#780402, bgo#780494, bgo#780569, bgo#780570,
    bgo#780897, bgo#781017, bgo#781018, bgo#781019, bgo#781022,
    bgo#781023, bgo#781024, bgo#781027, bgo#781037, bgo#781043,
    bgo#781156, bgo#781170, bgo#781179, bgo#781188, bgo#781233,
    bgo#781267, bgo#781320, bgo#781539, bgo#781725.
- Changes from version 1.11.90:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#736213, bgo#755782, bgo#764726, bgo#772811,
    bgo#774544, bgo#775487, bgo#776436, bgo#776997, bgo#776999,
    bgo#777847, bgo#778073, bgo#778333, bgo#778731, bgo#778825,
    bgo#779011, bgo#779067, bgo#779309, bgo#779333, bgo#779447,
    bgo#779453, bgo#779790, bgo#779831, bgo#779856, bgo#779869,
    bgo#780064, bgo#780108, bgo#780179, bgo#780180, bgo#780330,
    bgo#780367.
- Stop passing --disable-fatal-warnings to configure, not needed on
  stable branch.
- Package new sub package libgstbadallocators-1_0-0.
- Update to version 1.11.2:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#764947, bgo#758257, bgo#773709, bgo#775665,
    bgo#776360, bgo#776490, bgo#777181, bgo#777206, bgo#777376,
    bgo#777377, bgo#777394, bgo#777652, bgo#777682, bgo#777741,
    bgo#777760, bgo#778028, bgo#778076, bgo#778142, bgo#778703,
    bgo#779064, bgo#779070, bgo#779103, bgo#779154.

==== gstreamer-plugins-base ====
Version update (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
Subpackages: libgstallocators-1_0-0 libgstapp-1_0-0 libgstaudio-1_0-0 libgstaudio-1_0-0-32bit libgstfft-1_0-0 libgstpbutils-1_0-0 libgstriff-1_0-0 libgstrtp-1_0-0 libgstrtsp-1_0-0 libgstsdp-1_0-0 libgsttag-1_0-0 libgsttag-1_0-0-32bit libgstvideo-1_0-0 libgstvideo-1_0-0-32bit typelib-1_0-GstAudio-1_0 typelib-1_0-GstPbutils-1_0 typelib-1_0-GstTag-1_0 typelib-1_0-GstVideo-1_0

- Run parallel build with smp_mflags. Recast a slightly
  convoluted find call. Replace old $RPM shell vars by macros.
- Update to version 1.12.0:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#782095, bgo#782018.
- Update to version 1.11.91:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#779866, bgo#781149, bgo#781152, bgo#781168,
    bgo#781490.
- Changes from version 1.11.90:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#774544, bgo#776140, bgo#776172, bgo#776446,
    bgo#779344, bgo#779515, bgo#779866, bgo#780053, bgo#780100,
    bgo#780257, bgo#780297, bgo#780429, bgo#780559, bgo#780566,
    bgo#780764, bgo#780769.
  + Updated translations.
- Update to versions 1.11.2:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#740557, bgo#775553, bgo#775893, bgo#776797,
    bgo#777458, bgo#777530, bgo#778298, bgo#778702, bgo#778974,
    bgo#779010.

==== gstreamer-plugins-good ====
Version update (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
Subpackages: gstreamer-plugins-good-extra

- Update to version 1.12.0:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#782042.

==== gstreamer-plugins-ugly ====
Version update (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)

- Simplyfy the conditionals in our configure call.
- Update to version 1.12.0:
  + Updated translations.
- Changes from version 1.11.91:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#779249.
- Changes from version 1.11.90:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#779329.
- Conditionallize a52dec module building: in Tumbleweed, a52dec
  is available and the module can thus be built directly now:
  + Introduce variable ENABLE_A52DEC.
  + Apply gstreamer-plugins-ugly-1.0.1-patched_liba52.patch when
    BUILD_ORIG OR ENABLE_A52DEC is set.
  + Unconditionally add
    gstreamer-plugins-ugly-1.0.1-patched_liba52.patch to src.rpm.
- Switch ENABLE_MPG123 to 1 for suse_version > 1320 (currently only
  Tumbleweed): mpg123 is now available to the distro.
- Update to version 1.11.2:
  + Bugs fixed: bgo#777903.
- Replace libmpeg2-devel, libopencore-amr-devel, libtwolame-devel
  and libx264-devel with pkgconfig(libmpeg2),
  pkgconfig(opencore-amrwb), pkgconfig(twolame) and pkgconfig(x264)
  BuildRequires: Align with what configure checks for.

==== libbluray ====
Version update (1.0.0 -> 1.0.1)

- Update to version 1.0.1:
  + Add possibility to check whether BD-J is functional without
    opening a disc.
  + Improve main title selection.
  + Improve error resilience and stability.
  + Fix Windows dll loading.
  + Fix JAVA_HOME environment variable handling in Windows.
  + Fix build issues when CPPFLAGS is given in make command line.
  + Fix MSVC build issues.
  + Remove --disable-bdjava and --disable-udf configure options.
- Fixed patch libbluray-jvm_dir.patch.

==== libgusb ====
Version update (0.2.9 -> 0.2.10)

- Update to version 0.2.10:
  + Correctly detect removed devices when rescanning.
  + Fix a memory leak when using control tranfers.
  + Fix gtk-doc build when builddir != srcdir.
  + Fix symbol version table up to version 0.2.9.

==== libopenmpt ====
Subpackages: libmodplug1 libopenmpt0

- baselibs.conf for libmodplug.so.1

==== libqt5-qtwebengine ====

- Backport patches to fix build on AArch64 and add workaround
  (QTBUG-61128):
  * arm64-linux.patch
  * arm64-toolchain.patch
- Use proprietary codecs if supported by system ffmpeg (boo#1043375)

==== libwacom ====
Subpackages: libwacom-data libwacom2

- Build wacom udev rules (boo#1041714)
  fixes libinput error: libinput bug: Device 'Wacom BambooPT 2FG Small Pad'
  does not meet tablet criteria. Ignoring this device.

==== openslp ====
Subpackages: openslp-devel openslp-server

- Add support for OpenSSL 1.1. Commit from upstream [bsc#1042665]
  new patch: openslp.openssl-1.1.diff

==== polkit ====
Subpackages: libpolkit0 polkit-devel typelib-1_0-Polkit-1_0

- Use gettext as fallback to get potential distro translations for
  polkit actions. Similar mechnism as used for desktop file
  translations. That way it's possible to use weblate to add
  additional translations that are not provided by upstream
  (polkit-gettext.patch).

==== remmina ====
Version update (1.2.0~rcgit.13 -> 1.2.0~rcgit.18)
Subpackages: remmina-lang remmina-plugin-vnc remmina-plugin-xdmcp

- Version update to version 1.2.0.rcgit.18:
  * Various fixes around, see the upstream Changelog
- move README.SUSE to https://en.opensuse.org/Remmina
- update to version 1.2.0.rcgit.17

==== rpm ====
Subpackages: rpm-32bit rpm-build rpm-devel

- Add patch to handle newer package statement variations for Perl
  5.12+
  * perlprov-package.diff

==== ruby2.2 ====
Subpackages: libruby2_2-2_2 ruby2.2-devel ruby2.2-stdlib

- forcefully enable PIE here

==== zlib ====
Subpackages: libminizip1 libz1 libz1-32bit zlib-devel

- Added 32bit minizip support


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20170618 released!

Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink
Op maandag 19 juni 2017 17:33:24 CEST schreef Dominique Leuenberger:

> Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
> The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
> The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
>
> Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
> https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&version
> =Tumbleweed&build=20170618
>
> When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject.
> It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread
> while discussing a specific problem.
>
> Packages changed:
>   ffmpeg (3.3.1 -> 3.3.2)
>   gstreamer (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
>   gstreamer-plugins-bad (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
>   gstreamer-plugins-base (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
>   gstreamer-plugins-good (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
>   gstreamer-plugins-ugly (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
>   libbluray (1.0.0 -> 1.0.1)
>   libgusb (0.2.9 -> 0.2.10)
>   libopenmpt
>   libqt5-qtwebengine
>   libwacom
>   openslp
>   polkit
>   remmina (1.2.0~rcgit.13 -> 1.2.0~rcgit.18)
>   rpm
>   ruby2.2
>   zlib
>
> === Details ===
>
> ==== ffmpeg ====
> Version update (3.3.1 -> 3.3.2)
> Subpackages: libavcodec57 libavfilter6 libavformat57 libavresample3
> libavutil55 libpostproc54 libswresample2 libswscale4
>
> - Update to new upstream release 3.3.2
>   * Various fixes for integer overflows and too-large bit shifts
>
> ==== gstreamer ====
> Version update (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
> Subpackages: gstreamer-devel gstreamer-utils libgstreamer-1_0-0
> libgstreamer-1_0-0-32bit typelib-1_0-Gst-1_0
>
> - Update to version 1.12.0:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#782050.
> - Update to version 1.11.91:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#781585, bgo#781585, bgo#780757, bgo#781484,
>     bgo#781155, bgo#781155, bgo#780903.
> - Changes from version 1.11.90:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#753754, bgo#775445, bgo#776140, bgo#776293,
>     bgo#776999, bgo#778193, bgo#778830, bgo#779175, bgo#779459,
>     bgo#779755, bgo#779831, bgo#780111, bgo#780751, bgo#780923.
>   + Updated translations.
> - Update to version 1.11.2:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#764707, bgo#773091, bgo#777375, bgo#777449,
>     bgo#777780, bgo#777810, bgo#778866.
>
> ==== gstreamer-plugins-bad ====
> Version update (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
> Subpackages: libgstadaptivedemux-1_0-0 libgstbadaudio-1_0-0
> libgstbadbase-1_0-0 libgstbadvideo-1_0-0 libgstbasecamerabinsrc-1_0-0
> libgstcodecparsers-1_0-0 libgstgl-1_0-0 libgstmpegts-1_0-0
> libgstphotography-1_0-0 libgsturidownloader-1_0-0 libgstwayland-1_0-0
>
> - Pass --disable-mpegpsmux, --disable-mpegtsmux and
>   - -disable-resindvd to configure when building for openSUSE on the
>   OBS until we can get the licensing sorted upstream. Move the
>   plugins to the orig-addon package.
> - Add missing libgstplayer-1_0-0 Requires to
>   gstreamer-plugins-bad-devel sub package.
> - Update to version 1.12.0:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#773681, bgo#764947, bgo#780976, bgo#782046,
>     bgo#782119, bgo#782078.
> - Changes from version 1.11.91:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#729371, bgo#764011, bgo#778237, bgo#780190,
>     bgo#780397, bgo#780402, bgo#780494, bgo#780569, bgo#780570,
>     bgo#780897, bgo#781017, bgo#781018, bgo#781019, bgo#781022,
>     bgo#781023, bgo#781024, bgo#781027, bgo#781037, bgo#781043,
>     bgo#781156, bgo#781170, bgo#781179, bgo#781188, bgo#781233,
>     bgo#781267, bgo#781320, bgo#781539, bgo#781725.
> - Changes from version 1.11.90:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#736213, bgo#755782, bgo#764726, bgo#772811,
>     bgo#774544, bgo#775487, bgo#776436, bgo#776997, bgo#776999,
>     bgo#777847, bgo#778073, bgo#778333, bgo#778731, bgo#778825,
>     bgo#779011, bgo#779067, bgo#779309, bgo#779333, bgo#779447,
>     bgo#779453, bgo#779790, bgo#779831, bgo#779856, bgo#779869,
>     bgo#780064, bgo#780108, bgo#780179, bgo#780180, bgo#780330,
>     bgo#780367.
> - Stop passing --disable-fatal-warnings to configure, not needed on
>   stable branch.
> - Package new sub package libgstbadallocators-1_0-0.
> - Update to version 1.11.2:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#764947, bgo#758257, bgo#773709, bgo#775665,
>     bgo#776360, bgo#776490, bgo#777181, bgo#777206, bgo#777376,
>     bgo#777377, bgo#777394, bgo#777652, bgo#777682, bgo#777741,
>     bgo#777760, bgo#778028, bgo#778076, bgo#778142, bgo#778703,
>     bgo#779064, bgo#779070, bgo#779103, bgo#779154.
>
> ==== gstreamer-plugins-base ====
> Version update (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
> Subpackages: libgstallocators-1_0-0 libgstapp-1_0-0 libgstaudio-1_0-0
> libgstaudio-1_0-0-32bit libgstfft-1_0-0 libgstpbutils-1_0-0
> libgstriff-1_0-0 libgstrtp-1_0-0 libgstrtsp-1_0-0 libgstsdp-1_0-0
> libgsttag-1_0-0 libgsttag-1_0-0-32bit libgstvideo-1_0-0
> libgstvideo-1_0-0-32bit typelib-1_0-GstAudio-1_0 typelib-1_0-GstPbutils-1_0
> typelib-1_0-GstTag-1_0 typelib-1_0-GstVideo-1_0
>
> - Run parallel build with smp_mflags. Recast a slightly
>   convoluted find call. Replace old $RPM shell vars by macros.
> - Update to version 1.12.0:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#782095, bgo#782018.
> - Update to version 1.11.91:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#779866, bgo#781149, bgo#781152, bgo#781168,
>     bgo#781490.
> - Changes from version 1.11.90:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#774544, bgo#776140, bgo#776172, bgo#776446,
>     bgo#779344, bgo#779515, bgo#779866, bgo#780053, bgo#780100,
>     bgo#780257, bgo#780297, bgo#780429, bgo#780559, bgo#780566,
>     bgo#780764, bgo#780769.
>   + Updated translations.
> - Update to versions 1.11.2:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#740557, bgo#775553, bgo#775893, bgo#776797,
>     bgo#777458, bgo#777530, bgo#778298, bgo#778702, bgo#778974,
>     bgo#779010.
>
> ==== gstreamer-plugins-good ====
> Version update (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
> Subpackages: gstreamer-plugins-good-extra
>
> - Update to version 1.12.0:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#782042.
>
> ==== gstreamer-plugins-ugly ====
> Version update (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
>
> - Simplyfy the conditionals in our configure call.
> - Update to version 1.12.0:
>   + Updated translations.
> - Changes from version 1.11.91:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#779249.
> - Changes from version 1.11.90:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#779329.
> - Conditionallize a52dec module building: in Tumbleweed, a52dec
>   is available and the module can thus be built directly now:
>   + Introduce variable ENABLE_A52DEC.
>   + Apply gstreamer-plugins-ugly-1.0.1-patched_liba52.patch when
>     BUILD_ORIG OR ENABLE_A52DEC is set.
>   + Unconditionally add
>     gstreamer-plugins-ugly-1.0.1-patched_liba52.patch to src.rpm.
> - Switch ENABLE_MPG123 to 1 for suse_version > 1320 (currently only
>   Tumbleweed): mpg123 is now available to the distro.
> - Update to version 1.11.2:
>   + Bugs fixed: bgo#777903.
> - Replace libmpeg2-devel, libopencore-amr-devel, libtwolame-devel
>   and libx264-devel with pkgconfig(libmpeg2),
>   pkgconfig(opencore-amrwb), pkgconfig(twolame) and pkgconfig(x264)
>   BuildRequires: Align with what configure checks for.
>
> ==== libbluray ====
> Version update (1.0.0 -> 1.0.1)
>
> - Update to version 1.0.1:
>   + Add possibility to check whether BD-J is functional without
>     opening a disc.
>   + Improve main title selection.
>   + Improve error resilience and stability.
>   + Fix Windows dll loading.
>   + Fix JAVA_HOME environment variable handling in Windows.
>   + Fix build issues when CPPFLAGS is given in make command line.
>   + Fix MSVC build issues.
>   + Remove --disable-bdjava and --disable-udf configure options.
> - Fixed patch libbluray-jvm_dir.patch.
>
> ==== libgusb ====
> Version update (0.2.9 -> 0.2.10)
>
> - Update to version 0.2.10:
>   + Correctly detect removed devices when rescanning.
>   + Fix a memory leak when using control tranfers.
>   + Fix gtk-doc build when builddir != srcdir.
>   + Fix symbol version table up to version 0.2.9.
>
> ==== libopenmpt ====
> Subpackages: libmodplug1 libopenmpt0
>
> - baselibs.conf for libmodplug.so.1
>
> ==== libqt5-qtwebengine ====
>
> - Backport patches to fix build on AArch64 and add workaround
>   (QTBUG-61128):
>   * arm64-linux.patch
>   * arm64-toolchain.patch
> - Use proprietary codecs if supported by system ffmpeg (boo#1043375)
>
> ==== libwacom ====
> Subpackages: libwacom-data libwacom2
>
> - Build wacom udev rules (boo#1041714)
>   fixes libinput error: libinput bug: Device 'Wacom BambooPT 2FG Small Pad'
>   does not meet tablet criteria. Ignoring this device.
>
> ==== openslp ====
> Subpackages: openslp-devel openslp-server
>
> - Add support for OpenSSL 1.1. Commit from upstream [bsc#1042665]
>   new patch: openslp.openssl-1.1.diff
>
> ==== polkit ====
> Subpackages: libpolkit0 polkit-devel typelib-1_0-Polkit-1_0
>
> - Use gettext as fallback to get potential distro translations for
>   polkit actions. Similar mechnism as used for desktop file
>   translations. That way it's possible to use weblate to add
>   additional translations that are not provided by upstream
>   (polkit-gettext.patch).
>
> ==== remmina ====
> Version update (1.2.0~rcgit.13 -> 1.2.0~rcgit.18)
> Subpackages: remmina-lang remmina-plugin-vnc remmina-plugin-xdmcp
>
> - Version update to version 1.2.0.rcgit.18:
>   * Various fixes around, see the upstream Changelog
> - move README.SUSE to https://en.opensuse.org/Remmina
> - update to version 1.2.0.rcgit.17
>
> ==== rpm ====
> Subpackages: rpm-32bit rpm-build rpm-devel
>
> - Add patch to handle newer package statement variations for Perl
>   5.12+
>   * perlprov-package.diff
>
> ==== ruby2.2 ====
> Subpackages: libruby2_2-2_2 ruby2.2-devel ruby2.2-stdlib
>
> - forcefully enable PIE here
>
> ==== zlib ====
> Subpackages: libminizip1 libz1 libz1-32bit zlib-devel
>
> - Added 32bit minizip support

and we simply go ( with modified zypp.conf re. no-allow-vendor-change on two
machines )

salt '*' pkg.upgrade

and four machines done.

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20170618 released!

ianseeks-4
In reply to this post by Dominique Leuenberger
On Monday, 19 June 2017 16:33:24 BST Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
> The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
> The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.

Hi
I got this message installing gstreamer with this snapshot - is it an issue?

(15/48) Installing: gstreamer-1.12.0-1.1.x86_64
........................................................................................................
[done]
Additional rpm output:
setting /usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0/gst-ptp-helper to root:root 0755 "=
cap_net_bind_service+ep". (wrong missing capabilities)


This seems regular occurrence for me with cups updates although it
doesn't seem to affect it working. Does anyone know who needs to know about
it?

 (48/48) Installing: cups-2.2.3-211.1.x86_64
............................................................................................................
[done]
Additional rpm output:
Failed to try-restart cups-lpd@.service: Unit name cups-lpd@.service is
missing the instance name.
See system logs and 'systemctl status cups-lpd@.service' for details.

# systemctl status cups-lpd@.service
Failed to get properties: Unit name cups-lpd@.service is missing the instance
name.


Regards

Ian

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170617
Qt: 5.7.1
KDE Frameworks: 5.34.0
KDE Plasma: 5.10.1
kwin 5.10.1
kmail2 5.5.2
akonadiserver 5.5.2
Kernel:  4.11.5-1-default
Nouveau:  1.0.15_1.2

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20170618 released!

Patrick Shanahan-2
In reply to this post by Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink
* Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <[hidden email]> [06-19-17 12:29]:

> Op maandag 19 juni 2017 17:33:24 CEST schreef Dominique Leuenberger:
> > Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
> > The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
> > The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
> >
> > Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
> > https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&version
> > =Tumbleweed&build=20170618
> >
> > When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject.
> > It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread
> > while discussing a specific problem.
> >
> > Packages changed:
> >   ffmpeg (3.3.1 -> 3.3.2)
> >   gstreamer (1.10.4 -> 1.12.0)
>

would be nice that you would follow the instructions above included in
your reply.  and that you would trim all but what is essential to convey
your message


> openSUSE Board Member
> openSUSE Forums Team
   would definitely try to set a better examnple.

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA          @ptilopteri
http://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member    facebook/ptilopteri
Registered Linux User #207535                    @ http://linuxcounter.net
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                    paka @ IRCnet freenode
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Primary display freezes when external monitor is plugged

Vojtěch Zeisek-2
In reply to this post by Dominique Leuenberger
I'm not sure if this issue was caused by this (20170618) or the previous
snapshot, but after tomorrow upgrade (I previously upgraded at Friday), I have
problem with external monitor. I have VGA compatible controller: Intel
Corporation HD Graphics 520 (rev 07) and fully upgraded TW with KDE. If I plug
external monitor (HDMI if it matters), the Plasma freezes. Restart of the
Plasma doesn't help. It is not possible to click on anything, nothing.
Interestingly, unplugging the monitor defreezes everything and the desktop is
fully usable again. As a workaround, the monitor must be plugged before
turning on of the computer. Then everything works as usually. Anyone else
experiencing this?

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
https://trapa.cz/

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Primary display freezes when external monitor is plugged

Bruno Friedmann-2
On mardi, 20 juin 2017 10.11:20 h CEST Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:

> I'm not sure if this issue was caused by this (20170618) or the previous
> snapshot, but after tomorrow upgrade (I previously upgraded at Friday), I
> have problem with external monitor. I have VGA compatible controller: Intel
> Corporation HD Graphics 520 (rev 07) and fully upgraded TW with KDE. If I
> plug external monitor (HDMI if it matters), the Plasma freezes. Restart of
> the Plasma doesn't help. It is not possible to click on anything, nothing.
> Interestingly, unplugging the monitor defreezes everything and the desktop
> is fully usable again. As a workaround, the monitor must be plugged before
> turning on of the computer. Then everything works as usually. Anyone else
> experiencing this?

I'm experimenting exactly the inverse. If I start my computer with external
screen (DisplayPort on docking) everything freeze when sddm start.
The new update, make it freeze also now on shutdown ;-)
So undocking before start, and before shutdown.
I use nvidia 375.66.

If I don't use the docking, then everything works as expected. So I suspect
more an hardware shit somewhere.


--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch
 Bareos Partner, openSUSE Member, fsfe fellowship
 GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
 irc: tigerfoot


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Primary display freezes when external monitor is plugged

Vojtěch Zeisek-2
Dne úterý 20. června 2017 11:00:30 CEST, Bruno Friedmann napsal(a):

> On mardi, 20 juin 2017 10.11:20 h CEST Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
> > I'm not sure if this issue was caused by this (20170618) or the previous
> > snapshot, but after tomorrow upgrade (I previously upgraded at Friday), I
> > have problem with external monitor. I have VGA compatible controller:
> > Intel
> > Corporation HD Graphics 520 (rev 07) and fully upgraded TW with KDE. If I
> > plug external monitor (HDMI if it matters), the Plasma freezes. Restart of
> > the Plasma doesn't help. It is not possible to click on anything, nothing.
> > Interestingly, unplugging the monitor defreezes everything and the desktop
> > is fully usable again. As a workaround, the monitor must be plugged before
> > turning on of the computer. Then everything works as usually. Anyone else
> > experiencing this?
>
> I'm experimenting exactly the inverse. If I start my computer with external
> screen (DisplayPort on docking) everything freeze when sddm start.
> The new update, make it freeze also now on shutdown ;-)
> So undocking before start, and before shutdown.
> I use nvidia 375.66.
>
> If I don't use the docking, then everything works as expected. So I suspect
> more an hardware shit somewhere.
I'm using second monitor almost daily and until tomorrow it had been working
well, i.e. I turn on the notebook, I plug in the monitor and it works. ;-)

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
https://trapa.cz/

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Primary display freezes when external monitor is plugged

Guadagnino Cristiano
On 20/06/2017 11:17, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:

> Dne úterý 20. června 2017 11:00:30 CEST, Bruno Friedmann napsal(a):
>> On mardi, 20 juin 2017 10.11:20 h CEST Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
>>> I'm not sure if this issue was caused by this (20170618) or the previous
>>> snapshot, but after tomorrow upgrade (I previously upgraded at Friday), I
>>> have problem with external monitor. I have VGA compatible controller:
>>> Intel
>>> Corporation HD Graphics 520 (rev 07) and fully upgraded TW with KDE. If I
>>> plug external monitor (HDMI if it matters), the Plasma freezes. Restart of
>>> the Plasma doesn't help. It is not possible to click on anything, nothing.
>>> Interestingly, unplugging the monitor defreezes everything and the desktop
>>> is fully usable again. As a workaround, the monitor must be plugged before
>>> turning on of the computer. Then everything works as usually. Anyone else
>>> experiencing this?
>> I'm experimenting exactly the inverse. If I start my computer with external
>> screen (DisplayPort on docking) everything freeze when sddm start.
>> The new update, make it freeze also now on shutdown ;-)
>> So undocking before start, and before shutdown.
>> I use nvidia 375.66.
>>
>> If I don't use the docking, then everything works as expected. So I suspect
>> more an hardware shit somewhere.
> I'm using second monitor almost daily and until tomorrow it had been working
> well, i.e. I turn on the notebook, I plug in the monitor and it works. ;-)
>

I'm using the second monitor daily too. When I get at work I plug my
laptop in the docking station and then I power it up. No problems at all
till today. Hope it won't break tomorrow :-D
The difference is that my GPU is an Intel.

CrisN�����r��y隊Z)z{.���r�+�맲��r��z�^�ˬz��N�(�֜��^� ޭ隊Z)z{.���r�+��0�����Ǩ�
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: snapshot 20170618: libopenmpt wants to install i586 package

Peter Suetterlin
In reply to this post by Dominique Leuenberger
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

> Packages changed:

>   libopenmpt

From there I get

Problem: libmodplug1-32bit-0.2.8043~beta23-2.1.x86_64 requires libopenmpt.so.0, but this requirement cannot be provided
  uninstallable providers: libopenmpt0-0.2.8043~beta23-2.1.i586[openSUSE-Tumbleweed]
 Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
  install libopenmpt0-0.2.8043~beta23-2.1.i586 despite the inferior architecture
  install libphysfs1-2.0.3-182.9.i586 despite the inferior architecture
  install libluajit-5_1-2-2.1.0~beta2-2.1.i586 despite the inferior architecture
 Solution 2: keep obsolete libmodplug1-32bit-0.8.8.5-4.9.x86_64
 Solution 3: break libmodplug1-32bit-0.2.8043~beta23-2.1.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Primary display freezes when external monitor is plugged

Patrick Shanahan-2
In reply to this post by Bruno Friedmann-2
* Bruno Friedmann <[hidden email]> [06-20-17 05:02]:

> On mardi, 20 juin 2017 10.11:20 h CEST Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
> > I'm not sure if this issue was caused by this (20170618) or the previous
> > snapshot, but after tomorrow upgrade (I previously upgraded at Friday), I
> > have problem with external monitor. I have VGA compatible controller: Intel
> > Corporation HD Graphics 520 (rev 07) and fully upgraded TW with KDE. If I
> > plug external monitor (HDMI if it matters), the Plasma freezes. Restart of
> > the Plasma doesn't help. It is not possible to click on anything, nothing.
> > Interestingly, unplugging the monitor defreezes everything and the desktop
> > is fully usable again. As a workaround, the monitor must be plugged before
> > turning on of the computer. Then everything works as usually. Anyone else
> > experiencing this?
>
> I'm experimenting exactly the inverse. If I start my computer with external
> screen (DisplayPort on docking) everything freeze when sddm start.
> The new update, make it freeze also now on shutdown ;-)
> So undocking before start, and before shutdown.
> I use nvidia 375.66.

you might try NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-381.22.run

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA          @ptilopteri
http://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member    facebook/ptilopteri
Registered Linux User #207535                    @ http://linuxcounter.net
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                    paka @ IRCnet freenode
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Primary display freezes when external monitor is plugged

Bruno Friedmann-2
In reply to this post by Guadagnino Cristiano
On mardi, 20 juin 2017 11.39:53 h CEST Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:

> On 20/06/2017 11:17, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
>
> > Dne úterý 20. června 2017 11:00:30 CEST, Bruno Friedmann napsal(a):
> >
> >> On mardi, 20 juin 2017 10.11:20 h CEST Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
> >>
> >>> I'm not sure if this issue was caused by this (20170618) or the
> >>> previous
> >>> snapshot, but after tomorrow upgrade (I previously upgraded at Friday),
> >>> I
> >>> have problem with external monitor. I have VGA compatible controller:
> >>> Intel
> >>> Corporation HD Graphics 520 (rev 07) and fully upgraded TW with KDE. If
> >>> I
> >>> plug external monitor (HDMI if it matters), the Plasma freezes. Restart
> >>> of
> >>> the Plasma doesn't help. It is not possible to click on anything,
> >>> nothing.
> >>> Interestingly, unplugging the monitor defreezes everything and the
> >>> desktop
> >>> is fully usable again. As a workaround, the monitor must be plugged
> >>> before
> >>> turning on of the computer. Then everything works as usually. Anyone
> >>> else
> >>> experiencing this?
> >>
> >> I'm experimenting exactly the inverse. If I start my computer with
> >> external
 screen (DisplayPort on docking) everything freeze when sddm
> >> start. The new update, make it freeze also now on shutdown ;-)
> >> So undocking before start, and before shutdown.
> >> I use nvidia 375.66.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> If I don't use the docking, then everything works as expected. So I
> >> suspect
 more an hardware shit somewhere.
> >
> > I'm using second monitor almost daily and until tomorrow it had been
> > working
 well, i.e. I turn on the notebook, I plug in the monitor and it

> > works. ;-)>
> >
>
>
> I'm using the second monitor daily too. When I get at work I plug my
> laptop in the docking station and then I power it up. No problems at all
> till today. Hope it won't break tomorrow :-D
> The difference is that my GPU is an Intel.
>
> Cris

Don't worry too much, I've the freeze also with the intel (optimus if
activated) too ...

When I use external monitor witout the docking station everything work as
expected.

Lesson Tumbleweed rocks, hardware sucks :-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch
 Bareos Partner, openSUSE Member, fsfe fellowship
 GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
 irc: tigerfoot


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: snapshot 20170618: libopenmpt wants to install i586 package

Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
In reply to this post by Peter Suetterlin
On Tue, 2017-06-20 at 12:11 +0100, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

> Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
>
> > Packages changed:
> >   libopenmpt
>
> From there I get
>
> Problem: libmodplug1-32bit-0.2.8043~beta23-2.1.x86_64 requires
> libopenmpt.so.0, but this requirement cannot be provided
>   uninstallable providers: libopenmpt0-0.2.8043~beta23-
> 2.1.i586[openSUSE-Tumbleweed]
>  Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
>   install libopenmpt0-0.2.8043~beta23-2.1.i586 despite the inferior
> architecture
>   install libphysfs1-2.0.3-182.9.i586 despite the inferior
> architecture
>   install libluajit-5_1-2-2.1.0~beta2-2.1.i586 despite the inferior
> architecture
>  Solution 2: keep obsolete libmodplug1-32bit-0.8.8.5-4.9.x86_64
>  Solution 3: break libmodplug1-32bit-0.2.8043~beta23-2.1.x86_64 by
> ignoring some of its dependencies
>
Fix for that is underway and should be part of snapshot 0620.

for the time being, I suggest option 2, which will cause the least
problem.

Cheers,
Dominique

signature.asc (201 bytes) Download Attachment
Loading...