New Layout: Status

Frank Sundermeyer
Hi,

all wikis I have access to, are now updated to the new Homepage and the
new left navigation.

I have no access to the Italian and Japanese wiki and have no
permissions update the left nav for the Swedish wiki. If you are the
maintainer of one of these wikis, you will receive a mail with the
contents from Martin within the next few days.

I hope I did not make too many mistakes - it's not very easy to edit
pages in languages you have no clue about ;-). Maintainers, please
check your starting page and the left nav (MediaWiki:Sidebar).
I did not have translations for all news-in these cases I used
English-you may want to change that. I also had no translations
for "Home" in the left nav (we added that later)... .

A note on the "Featured Article" section:
I put comments around this section, so it does not show up on the
starting pages. I think it is probably the best if the maintainer
decides what to put here...

--
Regards
        Frank

Re: New Layout: Status

Rajko M.
On Sunday 29 October 2006 08:03, Frank Sundermeyer wrote:

> A note on the "Featured Article" section:
> I put comments around this section, so it does not show up on the
> starting pages. I think it is probably the best if the maintainer
> decides what to put here...

That's right.
It will be great incentive to improve interest in creation of a local wiki
content, translations to English, exchange of ideas, making openSUSE really
cooperative project.

I have nice experience with German wiki.
For instance, the
  http://en.opensuse.org/Midnight_Commander
article, is kind of translation, from
        http://de.opensuse.org/Midnight_Commander
and that is not all that can be found there.

Rajko M.

Re: New Layout: Status

Martin Lasarsch
On Sunday 29 October 2006 15:03, Frank Sundermeyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> all wikis I have access to, are now updated to the new Homepage and the
> new left navigation.
>
> I have no access to the Italian and Japanese wiki and have no
> permissions update the left nav for the Swedish wiki. If you are the
> maintainer of one of these wikis, you will receive a mail with the
> contents from Martin within the next few days.

all fixed and should have now the permissions.

--
with kind regards,