MySQL client for Linux

Marco Calistri-3
Hello and apologies for the semi-OT question.

I'm looking for a MySQL client for Linux (with graphical interface).

An Heidi MySQL clone or similar would be perfect!

Anyone could suggest me something like this?

Thanks and regards,
--
Marco Calistri

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Marco Calistri <[hidden email]> [10-30-17 16:35]:
> Hello and apologies for the semi-OT question.
>
> I'm looking for a MySQL client for Linux (with graphical interface).
>
> An Heidi MySQL clone or similar would be perfect!
>
> Anyone could suggest me something like this?

phpMyAdmin

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Bengt Gördén
Den 2017-10-30 kl. 21:34, skrev Marco Calistri:
> Hello and apologies for the semi-OT question.
>
> I'm looking for a MySQL client for Linux (with graphical interface).
>
> An Heidi MySQL clone or similar would be perfect!
>
> Anyone could suggest me something like this?

MySQL Workbench

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/server:database/mysql-workbench
https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/

--
/bengan

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Jimmy Berry-2
On Monday, October 30, 2017 3:34:03 PM CDT Marco Calistri wrote:
> Hello and apologies for the semi-OT question.
>
> I'm looking for a MySQL client for Linux (with graphical interface).
>
> An Heidi MySQL clone or similar would be perfect!
>
> Anyone could suggest me something like this?

adminer

--
Jimmy

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Cristiano Guadagnino
Not a native solution, but I'm using DBeaver and I'm really satisfied
with it.
I'm a professional DBA and DBeaver allows me to connect to all sorts of
DBMSs.

Cris

On 30/10/2017 21:34, Marco Calistri wrote:

> Hello and apologies for the semi-OT question.
>
> I'm looking for a MySQL client for Linux (with graphical interface).
>
> An Heidi MySQL clone or similar would be perfect!
>
> Anyone could suggest me something like this?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> --
> Marco Calistri

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Marco Calistri-3
Il 30/10/2017 19:25, Patrick Shanahan ha scritto:

> * Marco Calistri <[hidden email]> [10-30-17 16:35]:
>> Hello and apologies for the semi-OT question.
>>
>> I'm looking for a MySQL client for Linux (with graphical interface).
>>
>> An Heidi MySQL clone or similar would be perfect!
>>
>> Anyone could suggest me something like this?
>
> phpMyAdmin

Thanks!

Marco Calistri

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Marco Calistri-3
Il 30/10/2017 21:19, Bengt Gördén ha scritto:

> Den 2017-10-30 kl. 21:34, skrev Marco Calistri:
>> Hello and apologies for the semi-OT question.
>>
>> I'm looking for a MySQL client for Linux (with graphical interface).
>>
>> An Heidi MySQL clone or similar would be perfect!
>>
>> Anyone could suggest me something like this?
>
> MySQL Workbench
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/server:database/mysql-workbench
> https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/
>

>> Thanks and regards,
>> --
>> Marco Calistri

Thanks,

Now I have two options ;-)

Marco Calistri

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Marco Calistri-3
Il 31/10/2017 01:10, Jimmy Berry ha scritto:

> On Monday, October 30, 2017 3:34:03 PM CDT Marco Calistri wrote:
>> Hello and apologies for the semi-OT question.
>>
>> I'm looking for a MySQL client for Linux (with graphical interface).
>>
>> An Heidi MySQL clone or similar would be perfect!
>>
>> Anyone could suggest me something like this?
>
> adminer

Thanks,

Now I have three possible options to test:

1 - adminer
2 - MySQL Workbench
3 - phpMyAdmin

Marco Calistri

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Marco Calistri-3
Il 31/10/2017 05:32, Cristiano Guadagnino ha scritto:
> Not a native solution, but I'm using DBeaver and I'm really satisfied
> with it.
> I'm a professional DBA and DBeaver allows me to connect to all sorts of
> DBMSs.
>
> Cris

Thanks for your feedback,
Never heard about DBeaver, now I have a total of four possible to test.

Best regards,

--
Marco Calistri

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Marco Calistri-3
Il 31/10/2017 11:34, Carlos E. R. ha scritto:

> On Tuesday, 2017-10-31 at 13:27 -0000, Marco Calistri wrote:
>
>> Now I have three possible options to test:
>
>> 1 - adminer
>> 2 - MySQL Workbench
>> 3 - phpMyAdmin
>
> Is this what you were using?
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeidiSQL>
>
> Libre Office has a database module.
>
> There is the old "rekall" (kde3).
>

> -- Cheers,
>        Carlos E. R.
>        (from openSUSE 42.2 x86_64 "Malachite" at Telcontar)

Hi Carlos!

What it means "the old rekall" is it still maintained and available package?

Yes I'm using HeidiSQL on Windows as MySQL client.

Thanks and regards,
--
Marco Calistri

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Patrick Shanahan-2
* Carlos E. R. <[hidden email]> [10-31-17 09:25]:

> On Tuesday, 2017-10-31 at 08:32 +0100, Cristiano Guadagnino wrote:
>
> >Not a native solution, but I'm using DBeaver and I'm really satisfied with
> >it.
> >I'm a professional DBA and DBeaver allows me to connect to all sorts of
> >DBMSs.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DBeaver
>
> By the way, there is something going on with your headers: your post has
> about 20 KB of just headers.

what would you expect from outlook and m$-exchange

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Marco Calistri-3
Il 31/10/2017 15:13, Carlos E. R. ha scritto:

>>> Is this what you were using?
>>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeidiSQL>
>>>
>>> Libre Office has a database module.
>>>
>>> There is the old "rekall" (kde3).
>>>
>> Hi Carlos!
>
>> What it means "the old rekall" is it still maintained and available
>> package?
>
>> Yes I'm using HeidiSQL on Windows as MySQL client.
>
>> Thanks and regards,
>
> Rekall is an old application, available only from the "KDE:KDE3" repo,
> so thas not been ported to KDE4 and beyond. I find it a very good
> database client, as it has some features that none others I have tried has.
>
> -- Cheers,
>        Carlos E. R.
>        (from openSUSE 42.2 x86_64 "Malachite" at Telcontar)

I will search for Rekall to see if already exists a compliant RPM
installable on Tumbleweed.

Best regards,
--
Marco Calistri

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Cristiano Guadagnino
Hi Patrick!

On 31/10/2017 15:55, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> * Carlos E. R. <[hidden email]> [10-31-17 09:25]:
>> On Tuesday, 2017-10-31 at 08:32 +0100, Cristiano Guadagnino wrote:
>>
>>> Not a native solution, but I'm using DBeaver and I'm really satisfied with
>>> it.
>>> I'm a professional DBA and DBeaver allows me to connect to all sorts of
>>> DBMSs.
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DBeaver
>>
>> By the way, there is something going on with your headers: your post has
>> about 20 KB of just headers.
> what would you expect from outlook and m$-exchange

No, not outlook. I'm using Thunderbird on TW.
But unfortunately my employer is tied to M$ and hence we're using
exchange. That's what's adding all that stupid stuff to my headers, I guess.

Cris

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Martin Schlander
tirsdag den 31. oktober 2017 14.27.42 CET skrev Marco Calistri:

> Il 31/10/2017 01:10, Jimmy Berry ha scritto:
> > On Monday, October 30, 2017 3:34:03 PM CDT Marco Calistri wrote:
> >> Hello and apologies for the semi-OT question.
> >>
> >> I'm looking for a MySQL client for Linux (with graphical interface).
> >>
> >> An Heidi MySQL clone or similar would be perfect!
> >>
> >> Anyone could suggest me something like this?
> >
> > adminer
>
> Thanks,
>
> Now I have three possible options to test:
>
> 1 - adminer
> 2 - MySQL Workbench
> 3 - phpMyAdmin

The Kate text editor also has an SQL plugin. Never really tried it though.

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Marco Calistri-3
Il 03/11/2017 15:24, Martin Schlander ha scritto:

> tirsdag den 31. oktober 2017 14.27.42 CET skrev Marco Calistri:

>>> adminer
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Now I have three possible options to test:
>>
>> 1 - adminer
>> 2 - MySQL Workbench
>> 3 - phpMyAdmin
>
> The Kate text editor also has an SQL plugin. Never really tried it though.

I also see that the solid OpenOffice offers a MySQL client through its
"OOBase" application.

So far the best I tested has been DBeaver but it is a commercial product
whose license costs 99 $.

Also I've tried the Squirrel MySQL client which I found very vell done
but too complicated to setup for my usage.

Thanks and regards,

--
Marco Calistri
Linux version :  openSUSE Tumbleweed 20171101

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Mykola Krachkovsky
субота, 4 листопада 2017 р. 13:20:19 EET Marco Calistri написано:
> So far the best I tested has been DBeaver but it is a commercial product
> whose license costs 99 $.

It is free and open source:
https://dbeaver.jkiss.org/
"Legal
DBeaver is free and open source (ASL) product.
Just download and start using it."

https://dbeaver.jkiss.org/files/dbeaver_license.txt

--
Kind regards,
Mykola Krachkovsky

Re: MySQL client for Linux

Marco Calistri-3
Il 04/11/2017 10:04, Mykola Krachkovsky ha scritto:

> субота, 4 листопада 2017 р. 13:20:19 EET Marco Calistri написано:
>> So far the best I tested has been DBeaver but it is a commercial product
>> whose license costs 99 $.
>
> It is free and open source:
> https://dbeaver.jkiss.org/
> "Legal
> DBeaver is free and open source (ASL) product.
> Just download and start using it."
>
> https://dbeaver.jkiss.org/files/dbeaver_license.txt

Yep!

May be I installed another product?

marco@linux-turion64:~> rpm -qi dbeaver-ee
Name        : dbeaver-ee
Epoch       : 0
Version     : 4.2.0
Release     : stable
Architecture: x86_64
Install Date: gio 02 nov 2017 11:51:34 -02
Group       : Applications/Databases
Size        : 103115666
License     : ASL2
Signature   : (none)
Source RPM  : (none)
Build Date  : lun 11 set 2017 13:32:41 -03
Build Host  : jkiss.org
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Packager    : [hidden email]
Vendor      : JKISS
URL         : https://dbeaver.jkiss.org
Summary     : Enterprise Database Manager
Description :
Enterprise Database Manager

I will give a try to this open-source version!

Thanks!