Missing Redirect?

> Gesendet: Montag, 12. Dezember 2016 um 16:42 Uhr
> Von: "PatrickD Garvey" <[hidden email]>
> An: "_openSUSE Wiki Mailing List - [hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
> Betreff: [opensuse-wiki] Missing Redirect?

> that Archive. In fact, the move log for
> https://en.opensuse.org/Features_42.1 says it was moved to
> https://en.opensuse.org/Features which is no longer true, because
> https://en.opensuse.org/Features is a redirect to
> https://en.opensuse.org/Features_42.2.
>
> Should there be a redirect in https://en.opensuse.org/Features_42.1 to
> https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Features_42.1?
> --
No. I should archive all 42.1 pages. The only one which isn't archived is the Portal.
The Release Manager wanted to have it so... I discussed that on IRC with him, too.
Here is the ticket for that: https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/13310

Re: Missing Redirect?

PatrickD Garvey
On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 9:46 AM, Sarah Julia Kriesch
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Gesendet: Montag, 12. Dezember 2016 um 16:42 Uhr
>> Von: "PatrickD Garvey" <[hidden email]>
>> An: "_openSUSE Wiki Mailing List - [hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
>> Betreff: [opensuse-wiki] Missing Redirect?
>>
>> There's https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Features_42.1 but no
>> https://en.opensuse.org/Features_42.1 which would be a redirect to
>> that Archive. In fact, the move log for
>> https://en.opensuse.org/Features_42.1 says it was moved to
>> https://en.opensuse.org/Features which is no longer true, because
>> https://en.opensuse.org/Features is a redirect to
>> https://en.opensuse.org/Features_42.2.
>>
>> Should there be a redirect in https://en.opensuse.org/Features_42.1 to
>> https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Features_42.1?
>> --
> No. I should archive all 42.1 pages. The only one which isn't archived is the Portal.
> The Release Manager wanted to have it so... I discussed that on IRC with him, too.
> Here is the ticket for that: https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/13310

According to https://en.opensuse.org/Lifetime, "Leap 42.1 - will be
maintained until 6 months after 42.2 (May 16th 2017)". It would seem
to me to be premature to archive all pages related to 42.1. (Just
trying to understand the openSUSE project work flow.)

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 9:46 AM, Sarah Julia Kriesch
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >> Gesendet: Montag, 12. Dezember 2016 um 16:42 Uhr
> >> Von: "PatrickD Garvey" <[hidden email]>
> >> An: "_openSUSE Wiki Mailing List - [hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
> >> Betreff: [opensuse-wiki] Missing Redirect?
> >>
> >> There's https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Features_42.1 but no
> >> https://en.opensuse.org/Features_42.1 which would be a redirect to
> >> that Archive. In fact, the move log for
> >> https://en.opensuse.org/Features_42.1 says it was moved to
> >> https://en.opensuse.org/Features which is no longer true, because
> >> https://en.opensuse.org/Features is a redirect to
> >> https://en.opensuse.org/Features_42.2.
> >>
> >> Should there be a redirect in https://en.opensuse.org/Features_42.1 to
> >> https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Features_42.1?
> >> --
> > No. I should archive all 42.1 pages. The only one which isn't archived is the Portal.
> > The Release Manager wanted to have it so... I discussed that on IRC with him, too.
> > Here is the ticket for that: https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/13310
>
> According to https://en.opensuse.org/Lifetime, "Leap 42.1 - will be
> maintained until 6 months after 42.2 (May 16th 2017)". It would seem
> to me to be premature to archive all pages related to 42.1. (Just
> trying to understand the openSUSE project work flow.)
> --
I thought that at first, too. I archived only all unsupported releases. After that I got this comment:
"This means we need to move e.g. https://en.opensuse.org/Features to https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Features_42.1, same for screenshots etc. in order to make room for issue 13308."

I discussed in IRC, that 42.1 is a supported release and shouldn't be archived. I should do it. Only the Portal isn't archived. I told about risks.
I do only what the Release Manager wants to have after speaking about consequences.

Re: Missing Redirect?

PatrickD Garvey
On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Sarah Julia Kriesch
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Gesendet: Montag, 12. Dezember 2016 um 19:36 Uhr
>> Von: "PatrickD Garvey" <[hidden email]>
>> An: "_openSUSE Wiki Mailing List - [hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
>> Cc: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <[hidden email]>
>> Betreff: Re: [opensuse-wiki] Missing Redirect?

>> > No. I should archive all 42.1 pages. The only one which isn't archived is the Portal.
>> > The Release Manager wanted to have it so... I discussed that on IRC with him, too.
>> > Here is the ticket for that: https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/13310
>>
>> According to https://en.opensuse.org/Lifetime, "Leap 42.1 - will be
>> maintained until 6 months after 42.2 (May 16th 2017)". It would seem
>> to me to be premature to archive all pages related to 42.1. (Just
>> trying to understand the openSUSE project work flow.)
>> --
> I thought that at first, too. I archived only all unsupported releases. After that I got this comment:
> "This means we need to move e.g. https://en.opensuse.org/Features to https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Features_42.1, same for screenshots etc. in order to make room for issue 13308."
>
> I discussed in IRC, that 42.1 is a supported release and shouldn't be archived. I should do it. Only the Portal isn't archived. I told about risks.
> I do only what the Release Manager wants to have after speaking about consequences.

Thank you for the discussion here. I would have done likewise, given
the same interaction.