Media Wiki skin on OpenSuse.org

Shreyas Srinivasan-3
Hey,

I am one of the organizers of http://foss.in , India's biggest
free and open source events. For the event site we would very
much like to re-use the media wiki skin being used on
http://opensuse.org.

Is the skin copyrighted to someone (Novell?) or owned by someone
in the community. We would be very grateful if we could "re"use
for our site.

Thanks for the help in advance.

--
Shreyas

Re: Media Wiki skin on OpenSuse.org

Marcus Rückert
On 2006-08-21 19:24:04 +0530, Shreyas Srinivasan wrote:

> I am one of the organizers of http://foss.in , India's biggest
> free and open source events. For the event site we would very
> much like to re-use the media wiki skin being used on
> http://opensuse.org.
>
> Is the skin copyrighted to someone (Novell?) or owned by someone
> in the community. We would be very grateful if we could "re"use
> for our site.
>
> Thanks for the help in advance.

I dont think it would be a good idea to use the same skin.
We put much afford in creating an unique skin for our wiki.

If you want to use 100% the same skin ... i would say .. no.
For copyright questions i pinged Frank.

darix

--
          openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
              openSUSE is good for you

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 16:49 +0200, Marcus Rueckert wrote:

> On 2006-08-21 19:24:04 +0530, Shreyas Srinivasan wrote:
> > I am one of the organizers of http://foss.in , India's biggest
> > free and open source events. For the event site we would very
> > much like to re-use the media wiki skin being used on
> > http://opensuse.org.
> >
> > Is the skin copyrighted to someone (Novell?) or owned by someone
> > in the community. We would be very grateful if we could "re"use
> > for our site.
> >
> > Thanks for the help in advance.
>
> I dont think it would be a good idea to use the same skin.
> We put much afford in creating an unique skin for our wiki.
>
> If you want to use 100% the same skin ... i would say .. no.
> For copyright questions i pinged Frank.

Sure, we dont intend to use the exact same style. We will modify
it, but its much easier to derive a new style by re-using an existing
one.

Thanks, for the response. If there is no issue with the copy right
then we would like to look at the skin and modify it accordingly.
Needless to say as an event which is run by the community the
last thing we would like to do is to duplicate/dilute all the branding
that wiki and its layout has given to OpenSuse.

Thanks again,
Shreyas

Re: Media Wiki skin on OpenSuse.org

Frank Sundermeyer
On Monday 21 August 2006 17:02, Shreyas Srinivasan wrote:

Hi,

> Thanks, for the response. If there is no issue with the copy right
> then we would like to look at the skin and modify it accordingly.
> Needless to say as an event which is run by the community the
> last thing we would like to do is to duplicate/dilute all the
> branding that wiki and its layout has given to OpenSuse.

I will send you the PHP and CSS files via PM. It would be nice if you
would give openSUSE credits on your server.

--
Regards
        Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755;  http://www.novell.com/

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 17:11 +0200, Frank Sundermeyer wrote:

> On Monday 21 August 2006 17:02, Shreyas Srinivasan wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> > Thanks, for the response. If there is no issue with the copy right
> > then we would like to look at the skin and modify it accordingly.
> > Needless to say as an event which is run by the community the
> > last thing we would like to do is to duplicate/dilute all the
> > branding that wiki and its layout has given to OpenSuse.
>
> I will send you the PHP and CSS files via PM. It would be nice if you
> would give openSUSE credits on your server.

Will do so, thanks a lot. I will forward a link to the list
once we have modified it to suit our requirements.

Thanks again,
Shreyas