Maybe a bug with kmail/kontact and ClamAv

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Maybe a bug with kmail/kontact and ClamAv

Stakanov Schufter
Hello, this is to ask whether I have to raise a bug report against Leap 15 or
not concerning ClamAV support in Kmail via the "wizard" or assisted setup.
Until recently the assisted ClamAv setup did create a filter that would check
for virus and then pipe for other actions, concerning ClamAv.
Spamassasin setup has the same behavior. Since Spamassasin does still create
correctly the filter, there are two possibilities:

a) currently the assistant of setting up clamAV in Kmail is broken?
b) the behavior of the assistant is due to a change in the program and the
mail-check is now independent of the regular kmail filters.

In case a) I would have to raise a bug, because I verified that the filter is
not set up any more.
Particularities in the program setup: I am using postgres96 for akonadi
instead of mariadb (but this does not influence the filter setup, does it? ).
ClamAv is installed and freshclam is running as a service from boot time.
Kontact Kmail 5.7.3 and regular stock plasma. No strange quirks or extra gear.
clamscan -V gives
ClamAV 0.101.1/25349/Sun Feb  3 11:31:29 2019

Thank you for letting me know.



_________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________
Ihre E-Mail-Postfächer sicher & zentral an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und alte E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! https://www.eclipso.de


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maybe a bug with kmail/kontact and ClamAv

Stakanov Schufter
In data lunedì 4 febbraio 2019 09:21:19 CET, stakanov ha scritto:
Closed and transfered to opensuse main (as no answer)




_________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________
Ihre E-Mail-Postfächer sicher & zentral an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und alte E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! https://www.eclipso.de


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maybe a bug with kmail/kontact and ClamAv

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2019, 09:40:06 schrieb stakanov:
> Closed and transfered to opensuse main (as no answer)
Even though you "closed" it already, I'd still like to answer:

I don't use clamav nor spamassin (so cannot tell if it is supposed to work),
but your problem might be the same as this:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=398491

In other words, try to inspect the generated filter and change it
appropriately.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maybe a bug with kmail/kontact and ClamAv

Stakanov Schufter
In data sabato 16 febbraio 2019 19:42:42 CET, Wolfgang Bauer ha scritto:

> Am Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2019, 09:40:06 schrieb stakanov:
> > Closed and transfered to opensuse main (as no answer)
>
> Even though you "closed" it already, I'd still like to answer:
>
> I don't use clamav nor spamassin (so cannot tell if it is supposed to work),
> but your problem might be the same as this:
> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=398491
>
> In other words, try to inspect the generated filter and change it
> appropriately.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Wolfgang
Thank you for replying.

The fact is that the filter is not set up at all. Spamassasin is set up and
works well. It makes me think that this could be an issue of kmail in opensuse
Leap15 only.
It came to my mind to try with the current beta. If the case, I will report it
against the beta.
If it works in the beta I will file against the current 15.  While it is O.K.
to set up filters manually, the average user will not notice and think the
attachment he receives are clean after check, and maybe incautiously transfer
it on a usb stick bringing it to work etc. It is better to have it working or,
not to have it at all (at least my view). The linux user him/herself is not
troubled by this for obvious reasons. But he should not become inadvertently  
a vector.

Regards.




_________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________
Ihre E-Mail-Postfächer sicher & zentral an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und alte E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! https://www.eclipso.de


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maybe a bug with kmail/kontact and ClamAv

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Samstag, 16. Februar 2019, 20:41:00 schrieb stakanov:
> The fact is that the filter is not set up at all.

Ok, you should better report it at bugs.kde.org then.
I'm pretty sure that it's not an openSUSE packaging problem... ;-)

Btw, which "beta" are you talking about now?
If it's 15.1, that contains the latest upstream versions currently, which
again means it is an upstream problem anyway, if that's reprodicible there.
(if not, we could try to backport the fix to 15.0, but that may not be easy
either...)

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maybe a bug with kmail/kontact and ClamAv

Stakanov Schufter
In data sabato 16 febbraio 2019 20:55:21 CET, Wolfgang Bauer ha scritto:

> Am Samstag, 16. Februar 2019, 20:41:00 schrieb stakanov:
> > The fact is that the filter is not set up at all.
>
> Ok, you should better report it at bugs.kde.org then.
> I'm pretty sure that it's not an openSUSE packaging problem... ;-)
>
> Btw, which "beta" are you talking about now?
> If it's 15.1, that contains the latest upstream versions currently, which
> again means it is an upstream problem anyway, if that's reprodicible there.
> (if not, we could try to backport the fix to 15.0, but that may not be easy
> either...)
>
> Kind Regards,
> Wolfgang
The problem manifested first in 15.0, so regular.
I am running the beta (for reasons of resources - my laptop is substantially
"just productive" and my PC is TW - virtualized  - under KVM (where I will try
out migration issues with mail etc. just to have a better experience as I am
prone to "update" since 42.2 (since it "just works well" - somewhat a
novelty).
So I think it is really a good idea to see if the problem is fixed in the
beta. I could live with not seeing backporting it (if you really want to
backport anything, please please fix Bug 1100080 which is due to the version
issue liblmdb-0_9_23 (which has only been ported to TW not to leap.
It is a mayor issue with 15.0 and causes problems to a lot of users (which
then blame it wrongly on totally different components, as it does not crash
with all users in a reproducible way and with a clear backtrace.

But again, AFAIK solved in 15.1.
Thank you.
Kind Regards, I am appreciative of the attention you dedicated me and will try
to follow your advice..




_________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________
Ihre E-Mail-Postfächer sicher & zentral an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und alte E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! https://www.eclipso.de


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maybe a bug with kmail/kontact and ClamAv

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Samstag, 16. Februar 2019, 21:28:11 schrieb stakanov:
> The problem manifested first in 15.0, so regular.
> I am running the beta

You still didn't say *which* beta *of what*... ;-)

But I do assume you mean Leap 15.1 beta.

> Iif you really want to backport anything, please please fix Bug 1100080
> which is due to the version issue liblmdb-0_9_23 (which has only been
> ported to TW not to leap.

Sorry, I cannot do anything about that.
The bug report has been assigned to the right people I hope though, it's up to
SUSE to do anything about it.

But I was actually talking about backporting fixes/improvements from KDEPIM
upstream.
If something's fixed in the later versions there, I'll gladly try to backport
it.
But as mentioned, it probably won't be easy anyway...

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maybe a bug with kmail/kontact and ClamAv

Stakanov Schufter
In data sabato 16 febbraio 2019 22:34:32 CET, Wolfgang Bauer ha scritto:
> You still didn't say *which* beta *of what*...
>
> But I do assume you mean Leap 15.1 beta.
Sorry, I thought it would be clear from the context (deformation as I am using
opensuse everywhere). So yes 15.1.

Thank that is good news.




_________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________
Ihre E-Mail-Postfächer sicher & zentral an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und alte E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! https://www.eclipso.de


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]