Lost CSS?

PatrickD Garvey
Is anyone else getting unformatted display of wiki pages? I would
guess that whatever CSS is applicable is not publicly accessible.

Re: Lost CSS?

PatrickD Garvey
Thank you, but for me that page also displays without formatting for
display, at least on Chrome.

Your response prompted me to try Edge and Firefox where that page
displays with formatting.
So do other pages. Clearing Chrome's cache seemed to improve the
situation, but not completely fix it.

Does anyone know which cookies belong to openSUSE's wiki?

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 8:27 AM, H Zeng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have no problem with the wiki, at least on this page
> https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Wiki and the Project page.
>
> On 18 December 2017 at 15:41, PatrickD Garvey <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Is anyone else getting unformatted display of wiki pages? I would
>> guess that whatever CSS is applicable is not publicly accessible.

Re: Lost CSS?

Christian Boltz-5
Hello,

Am Montag, 18. Dezember 2017, 19:21:25 CET schrieb PatrickD Garvey:
> Thank you, but for me that page also displays without formatting for
> display, at least on Chrome.
>
> Your response prompted me to try Edge and Firefox where that page
> displays with formatting.
> So do other pages. Clearing Chrome's cache seemed to improve the
> situation, but not completely fix it.

We had a similar report on IRC today.

Most of the wiki CSS is delivered by static.opensuse.org, and we found
out that one of the servers that handles static.opensuse.org was down.

In the meantime, we removed that server from the haproxy config so that
it gets no longer used, which also means that the problem should be
solved since some hours.

If you still see this issue (after clearing the Chrome cache - it seems
to cache server failures :-( ) please tell me [1].

> Does anyone know which cookies belong to openSUSE's wiki?

I'd have to check, so feel free to use your browsers inspector tool
(whatever it's named) to find out. You'll find some wiki-specific
cookies (which are restricted to one wiki, for example en.opensuse.org)
and also cookies for *.opensuse.org like the login cookie.

For the CSS, the cookies are irrelevant AFAIK.

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] Including the request and response headers would be perfect - you
    can get them using your browser's network inspector tool (whatever
    it's named in Chrome) - but a simple report that you still see
    failures is still better than nothing.

--
Nichts its gefährlicher als sich in Gefahr zu begeben. das
merkst du spätestens dann, wenn du sein erstes Posting ins

Re: Lost CSS?

PatrickD Garvey
Looking good, now.

Thanks