Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Re: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Dr. Werner Fink
On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 01:14:14PM +0000, Dave Plater wrote:

> On 26/01/2018 01:20, SFseis . wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > my first question to the mailing list:
> > I just installed Leap 42.3 and noticed that my Latex files won't
> > compile anymore because of an outdated Circuitkz 0.6 (2016-6-6),
> > current is 0.8.3 (2017-5-28) and I need at least 0.8.2 (2017-5-1).
> >
> > What can I do? Can I just install Texlive from TW repository?
> >
> https://software.opensuse.org/find shows the 2016-6-6 from the devel project
> for 42.3 so I should imagine that you may have problems with the Tumbleweed
> version.
> Dave P
The major problem is biber from TeXLive 2017 as this requires at least
perl 5.24.1.

Werner

Re: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Tom Kacvinsky
Hi Wener,

> On Jan 29, 2018, at 04:44:51, Dr. Werner Fink <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 01:14:14PM +0000, Dave Plater wrote:
>>

>> On 26/01/2018 01:20, SFseis . wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> my first question to the mailing list:
>>> I just installed Leap 42.3 and noticed that my Latex files won't
>>> compile anymore because of an outdated Circuitkz 0.6 (2016-6-6),
>>> current is 0.8.3 (2017-5-28) and I need at least 0.8.2 (2017-5-1).
>>>
>>> What can I do? Can I just install Texlive from TW repository?
>>>
>> https://software.opensuse.org/find shows the 2016-6-6 from the devel project
>> for 42.3 so I should imagine that you may have problems with the Tumbleweed
>> version.
>> Dave P
>
> The major problem is biber from TeXLive 2017 as this requires at least
> perl 5.24.1.
I've touched based with a former colleague of mine at the American Mathematical
Society, who should be able to but me in touch with the right people on the TeX
Live team about issues such as this.

Re: duplicate emails to list. Was: Re: [opensuse] Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Re: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Dave Howorth-3
On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 11:02:54 +0200
Dave Plater <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 28/01/2018 14:10, Dave Howorth wrote:
> >> setting up the filters again
> > > You can transfer old messages from TB to claws.
>
> How do you do that? I only see import in the TB tools menu. It would
> be good to have a backup email ui, kmail is too troublesome.

I don't remember exactly. I think you just ask claws to import the TB
mail (file/import mbox?) and point it at the appropriate directory.

Re: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Re: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Dave Plater lst

On 29/01/2018 20:49, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> Why migrate from one client to another?
>
> IMO it is better to "migrate" to a local imap server, such as dovecot,
> and from then on you can use a dozen mail clients simultaneously, never
> having to migrate again.
>
> - -- Cheers,
>         Carlos E. R.

I think this is definitely on my TODO list. I've nuked all akonadi
services and I don't seem to get hangs in thunderbird any more so this
isn't so important atm.
Dave P

Re: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Bob Williams-3
On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 10:05:41 +0200
Dave Plater <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27/01/2018 16:42, Dave Howorth wrote:
> > On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 15:36:23 +0200
> > Dave Plater <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> I'm looking at claws-mail,
> >
> > Claws works well for me, and has a very responsive support network
> > if somewhat idiosyncratic at times. Perhaps best to try it and see
> > if you like it or at least can live with it.
> >
> I enabled it for my personal email and it seems ok but what's
> baulking me is the thought of losing all my list mails also setting
> up the filters again.
Check out the second from the bottom in this list...

http://www.claws-mail.org/tools.php?section=downloads

Bob
--
Bob Williams
   System:  Linux 4.4.104-39-default

On 31/01/2018 12:15, Bob Williams wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 10:05:41 +0200
> Dave Plater <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 27/01/2018 16:42, Dave Howorth wrote:
>>>
>>> Claws works well for me, and has a very responsive support network
>>> if somewhat idiosyncratic at times. Perhaps best to try it and see
>>> if you like it or at least can live with it.
>>>
>> I enabled it for my personal email and it seems ok but what's
>> baulking me is the thought of losing all my list mails also setting
>> up the filters again.
>
> Check out the second from the bottom in this list...
>
> http://www.claws-mail.org/tools.php?section=downloads
>
> Bob

Thanks
Dave P