Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
68 messages Options
1234
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Dave Howorth-3
On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 10:05:41 +0200
Dave Plater <[hidden email]> wrote:

> what's baulking me is the thought of losing all my list mails also
> setting up the filters again

You can transfer old messages from TB to claws. That's what I did when
I switched. I just redid the filters by hand over a few days - it
wasn't too painful and gave me a chance to clear out a lot of rubbish.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bounces from the mail lists [Was: Duplicate posts at the lists]

Carlos E. R.-4
In reply to this post by Felix Miata-3
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1



On Saturday, 2018-01-27 at 17:36 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:

> Carlos E. R. composed on 2018-01-27 22:16 (UTC+0100):
>
>> Dave Howorth wrote:
>
>>> FWIW, there's also a duplicate post by Felix Miata, Display artifacts in
>>> Leap 42.3 at 15:59 UTC and it doesn't seem that he's using google.
>
>> You are right, I can confirm. It duplicates at entry to mx2.suse.de.
>
> Since first of year, I get many opensuse list duplicates, and many warnings
> about bouncing, but only from opensuse lists.
>
> http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Suse/emailbouncing20180125.jpg

Bounces are a different issue altogether, and are caused by your ISP. My
private mails to you also get rejected (which would cause a bounce on a
list server).

<****@suddenlinkmail.com>: host mx.suddenlinkmail.com[208.180.40.132]
     said: 421 dalifep03.suddenlink.net connection refused from [86.109.101.151]
     (in reply to end of DATA command)

In order to mail to you directly, I have to remember to use gmail instead
of telefonica. I thought that it only happened with my email to you, but
your photo proves that it is a too common thing for you to take drastic
action.

You really should get another mail provider.


Detailed bounce info:

Reporting-MTA: dns; relayout02-out.e.movistar.es
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 3zFcJS3qb5zhYQH
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; ****@telefonica.net
Arrival-Date: Mon,  8 Jan 2018 14:56:40 +0100 (CET)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; ****@suddenlinkmail.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;****@suddenlinkmail.com
Action: failed
Status: 4.0.0
Remote-MTA: dns; mx.suddenlinkmail.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 421 dalifep03.suddenlink.net connection refused from
     [86.109.101.151]

- --
Cheers,
        Carlos E. R.
        (from openSUSE 42.2 x86_64 "Malachite" at Telcontar)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2

iEYEARECAAYFAlptw4YACgkQtTMYHG2NR9U5mQCggwqgkkj0Bldhv4mxeHj+nHH+
Cx8An2jXs0zHhD8+1r3KVsX9HyzPdV5x
=ISc8
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: duplicate emails to list. Was: Re: [opensuse] Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Carlos E. R.-2
In reply to this post by Dave Howorth-3
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Content-ID: <[hidden email]>


On Saturday, 2018-01-27 at 23:38 -0000, Dave Howorth wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 22:42:01 +0100 "Carlos E. R." <> wrote:
>
>> On 2018-01-27 22:30, Dave Howorth wrote:
>>> On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 19:09:27 +0000 Dave Howorth <> wrote:
>>
>> ...
>>
>>>> FWIW, there's also a duplicate post by Felix Miata, Display
>>>> artifacts in Leap 42.3 at 15:59 UTC and it doesn't seem that he's
>>>> using google.
>>>
>>> And also FWIW, I don't see duplicate messages from Andrei Borzenkov,
>>> and he uses gmail. So it's not a simple case of gmail duplicating
>>> everything it sends to suse.
>>
>> I don't think you will ever see any duplicate while using a gmail
>> account, because they delete them. You only get the first copy.
>
> I don't use gmail. I don't have any google account.
> (or facebook, twitter, linkedin etc etc :)
>
> Andrei uses gmail as I said, and as does Dave P but not Felix.
>
>> I have seen duplicates from Andrei B.
>
> I haven't today, I don't think. If you can give me a date and time of
> an occurence, I can check.

Re: [opensuse] /sbin/purge-kernels fails on removing non-installed kernel since rpm -qa report is wrong
Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 21:31:09 +0300

1)
Received: from mail-lf0-f43.google.com (mail-lf0-f43.google.com [209.85.215.43])
  (using TLSv1 with cipher AES128-SHA (128/128 bits))
  (No client certificate requested)
  by mx2.suse.de (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 12B5EAE87
  for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 20:17:27 +0000 (UTC)
Received: by mail-lf0-f43.google.com with SMTP id q17so4695956lfa.9
         for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 12:17:27 -0800 (PST)

X-Google-Smtp-Source: AH8x224QZAWhpWA0NaSU2ftNyvStC7u8+xLwWQQRF1Lfd0PbAqic7lLDpK7Wvki/AUKrrmqNyQrBgw==
X-Received: by 10.25.28.82 with SMTP id c79mr9984563lfc.44.1517077870684;
         Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:31:10 -0800 (PST)


2)
Received: from mail-lf0-f45.google.com (mail-lf0-f45.google.com [209.85.215.45])
  (using TLSv1 with cipher AES128-SHA (128/128 bits))
  (No client certificate requested)
  by mx2.suse.de (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 41085ACB2
  for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 22:16:07 +0000 (UTC)
Received: by mail-lf0-f45.google.com with SMTP id t139so4897565lff.0
         for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 14:16:07 -0800 (PST)

X-Google-Smtp-Source: AH8x224QZAWhpWA0NaSU2ftNyvStC7u8+xLwWQQRF1Lfd0PbAqic7lLDpK7Wvki/AUKrrmqNyQrBgw==
X-Received: by 10.25.28.82 with SMTP id c79mr9984563lfc.44.1517077870684;
         Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:31:10 -0800 (PST)

3)
Received: from mail-lf0-f51.google.com (mail-lf0-f51.google.com [209.85.215.51])
  (using TLSv1 with cipher AES128-SHA (128/128 bits))
  (No client certificate requested)
  by mx2.suse.de (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 9F078AEF6
  for <[hidden email]>; Sun, 28 Jan 2018 01:24:06 +0000 (UTC)
Received: by mail-lf0-f51.google.com with SMTP id 63so5133667lfv.4
         for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 17:24:06 -0800 (PST)

X-Google-Smtp-Source: AH8x224QZAWhpWA0NaSU2ftNyvStC7u8+xLwWQQRF1Lfd0PbAqic7lLDpK7Wvki/AUKrrmqNyQrBgw==
X-Received: by 10.25.28.82 with SMTP id c79mr9984563lfc.44.1517077870684;
         Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:31:10 -0800 (PST)


4)
Received: from mail-lf0-f44.google.com (mail-lf0-f44.google.com [209.85.215.44])
  (using TLSv1 with cipher AES128-SHA (128/128 bits))
  (No client certificate requested)
  by mx2.suse.de (Postfix) with ESMTPS id D5FB5AF86
  for <[hidden email]>; Sun, 28 Jan 2018 07:35:18 +0000 (UTC)
Received: by mail-lf0-f44.google.com with SMTP id 63so5571694lfv.4
         for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 23:35:18 -0800 (PST)

X-Google-Smtp-Source: AH8x224QZAWhpWA0NaSU2ftNyvStC7u8+xLwWQQRF1Lfd0PbAqic7lLDpK7Wvki/AUKrrmqNyQrBgw==
X-Received: by 10.25.28.82 with SMTP id c79mr9984563lfc.44.1517077870684;
         Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:31:10 -0800 (PST)



3 and 4 have the ID 63so5571694lfv.4 at google, yet they get D5FB5AF86 and
9F078AEF6 at suse.de, and very different hours: 07:35:18, 01:24:06

case 1 and 2 have different IDs.

However, all have the same ID c79mr9984563lfc.44.1517077870684 at
10.25.28.82.



Felix Miata

Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:59:52 -0500
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Display artifacts in Leap 42.3, on oldish laptop with
  Intel Video

1)
Received: from elasmtp-curtail.atl.sa.earthlink.net (elasmtp-curtail.atl.sa.earthlink.net [209.86.89.64])
  (using TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits))
  (No client certificate requested)
  by mx1.suse.de (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 7374BAE0E
  for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 15:59:54 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from [24.144.120.162] (helo=[192.168.0.11])
  by elasmtp-curtail.atl.sa.earthlink.net with esmtpa (Exim 4)
  (envelope-from <[hidden email]>)
  id 1efStV-0002Nw-6z
  for [hidden email]; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:59:53 -0500

2)
Received: from elasmtp-curtail.atl.sa.earthlink.net (elasmtp-curtail.atl.sa.earthlink.net [209.86.89.64])
  (using TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits))
  (No client certificate requested)
  by mx2.suse.de (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 67C2BAF31
  for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 16:04:56 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from [24.144.120.162] (helo=[192.168.0.11])
  by elasmtp-curtail.atl.sa.earthlink.net with esmtpa (Exim 4)
  (envelope-from <[hidden email]>)
  id 1efStV-0002Nw-6z
  for [hidden email]; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:59:53 -0500


In Felix case, note the identical identifier "1efStV-0002Nw-6z" at
earthlink.net, while there are two at suse.de: 67C2BAF31 and 7374BAE0E


So, I don't think google is the culprit here, but suse.de server. Probably
it is reporting to the preceding server that the receiving failed (or not
reporting at all), while it did succeed. The preceeding server tries
again, some times six hours later.


>
>> IMHO, the issue is caused by mx2.suse.de
>
> I haven't seen this problem on any other list, certainly. And it has
> got much, much worse here in the past few days. To the point it is an
> annoyance rather than an amusement now.

Yep.

- --
Cheers,
        Carlos E. R.
        (from openSUSE 42.2 x86_64 "Malachite" at Telcontar)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2

iEYEARECAAYFAlptyGMACgkQtTMYHG2NR9X5IACeLv0iNQdoWpzjeSqTVNBQB+HS
HP0An2/yWyJlHq9AmIqCtppjkjrldN9K
=SDWd
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Patrick Shanahan-2
In reply to this post by Dave Plater lst
* Dave Plater <[hidden email]> [01-28-18 07:24]:
>
>
> On 27/01/2018 10:11, Per Jessen wrote:
> >>This post has arrived at least three times on the list.
> >Yep, it does look like it was sent a few times.  Maybe Google screwed it
> >up.
> The mailing list archives also show only one post

*somewhere* it was generated at least three times, maybe four.  and I
received each.  didn't look at the headers, but will look now at my
backupsL:

I got three, all with same message id and origin date.  appears suse.de
sent it three times (guessing on my part):

headers for the three copies are here:
  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~paka/3times.txt
 
--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA          @ptilopteri
http://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member    facebook/ptilopteri
Registered Linux User #207535                    @ http://linuxcounter.net
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                    paka @ IRCnet freenode

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mail storage [Was: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6]

Carlos E. R.-2
In reply to this post by Dave Howorth-3
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1



On Sunday, 2018-01-28 at 12:10 -0000, Dave Howorth wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 10:05:41 +0200 Dave Plater <> wrote:
>
>> what's baulking me is the thought of losing all my list mails also
>> setting up the filters again
>
> You can transfer old messages from TB to claws. That's what I did when
> I switched. I just redid the filters by hand over a few days - it
> wasn't too painful and gave me a chance to clear out a lot of rubbish.

There is a better alternative: don't transfer to any particular client.
Instead, setup a local imap server, like dovecot, and transfer your emails
there.

Then setup both Thunderbird and Claws to use that local imap server, and
from then on you can use any mail client you wish with the same message
store.

- --
Cheers,
        Carlos E. R.
        (from openSUSE 42.2 x86_64 "Malachite" at Telcontar)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2

iEYEARECAAYFAlptzh0ACgkQtTMYHG2NR9Xz/wCeIqj8nQ5obWUbHGc1Y8TBxsHB
U1YAn3GUcY1JqYmmJ0djFkjRw1XvcLH9
=ZLRV
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Patrick Shanahan-2
In reply to this post by Patrick Shanahan-2
* Patrick Shanahan <[hidden email]> [01-28-18 07:56]:

> * Dave Plater <[hidden email]> [01-28-18 07:24]:
> >
> >
> > On 27/01/2018 10:11, Per Jessen wrote:
> > >>This post has arrived at least three times on the list.
> > >Yep, it does look like it was sent a few times.  Maybe Google screwed it
> > >up.
> > The mailing list archives also show only one post
>
> *somewhere* it was generated at least three times, maybe four.  and I
> received each.  didn't look at the headers, but will look now at my
> backupsL:
>
> I got three, all with same message id and origin date.  appears suse.de
> sent it three times (guessing on my part):
>
> headers for the three copies are here:
>   http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~paka/3times.txt

fwiw: I have received four dup's of a post by "Billy Walsh",
  Re: [opensuse-offtopic] north korea  

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA          @ptilopteri
http://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member    facebook/ptilopteri
Registered Linux User #207535                    @ http://linuxcounter.net
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                    paka @ IRCnet freenode

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

james-2
In reply to this post by Dave Howorth-3
On 01/28/2018 07:10 AM, Dave Howorth wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 10:05:41 +0200
> Dave Plater <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> what's baulking me is the thought of losing all my list mails also
>> setting up the filters again
>
> You can transfer old messages from TB to claws. That's what I did when
> I switched. I just redid the filters by hand over a few days - it
> wasn't too painful and gave me a chance to clear out a lot of rubbish.
>


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

james-2
In reply to this post by Dave Howorth-3
On 01/28/2018 07:10 AM, Dave Howorth wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 10:05:41 +0200
> Dave Plater <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> what's baulking me is the thought of losing all my list mails also
>> setting up the filters again
>
> You can transfer old messages from TB to claws. That's what I did when
> I switched. I just redid the filters by hand over a few days - it
> wasn't too painful and gave me a chance to clear out a lot of rubbish.
>

duplicate, sorry, anyway does claws read html messages like TB?

jim

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Patrick Shanahan-2
In reply to this post by Dave Howorth-3
* Dave Howorth <[hidden email]> [01-28-18 09:32]:
 [...]
> Yes, your post arrived five times here, and this reply showed up twice.
> Each copy has the same time listed, although they arrive at different
> times. There seems to be some problem with your posts specifically.
> There are some differences in the headers of the two copies of this
> message that I got. The relevant bits seem to be:
 [...]
> which seem to suggest that google sent two copies to suse.

it is not just Dave's posts, I have rec'd dups from 3 different people in
the last several hours.

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA          @ptilopteri
http://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member    facebook/ptilopteri
Registered Linux User #207535                    @ http://linuxcounter.net
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                    paka @ IRCnet freenode

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: duplicate emails to list. Was: Re: [opensuse] Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Dave Howorth-3
In reply to this post by Carlos E. R.-2
On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 13:56:03 +0100 (CET)
"Carlos E. R." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Content-ID: <[hidden email]>
>
>
> On Saturday, 2018-01-27 at 23:38 -0000, Dave Howorth wrote:
> > On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 22:42:01 +0100 "Carlos E. R." <> wrote:
> >  
> >> On 2018-01-27 22:30, Dave Howorth wrote:  
> >>> On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 19:09:27 +0000 Dave Howorth <> wrote:  
> >>
> >> ...
> >>  
> >>>> FWIW, there's also a duplicate post by Felix Miata, Display
> >>>> artifacts in Leap 42.3 at 15:59 UTC and it doesn't seem that he's
> >>>> using google.  
> >>>
> >>> And also FWIW, I don't see duplicate messages from Andrei
> >>> Borzenkov, and he uses gmail. So it's not a simple case of gmail
> >>> duplicating everything it sends to suse.  
> >>
> >> I don't think you will ever see any duplicate while using a gmail
> >> account, because they delete them. You only get the first copy.  
> >
> > I don't use gmail. I don't have any google account.
> > (or facebook, twitter, linkedin etc etc :)
> >
> > Andrei uses gmail as I said, and as does Dave P but not Felix.
> >  
> >> I have seen duplicates from Andrei B.  
> >
> > I haven't today, I don't think. If you can give me a date and time
> > of an occurence, I can check.  
>
> Re: [opensuse] /sbin/purge-kernels fails on removing non-installed
> kernel since rpm -qa report is wrong Message-ID:
> <[hidden email]> Date: Sat, 27 Jan
> 2018 21:31:09 +0300
>
> 1)
> Received: from mail-lf0-f43.google.com (mail-lf0-f43.google.com
> [209.85.215.43]) (using TLSv1 with cipher AES128-SHA (128/128 bits))
>   (No client certificate requested)
>   by mx2.suse.de (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 12B5EAE87
>   for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 20:17:27 +0000
> (UTC) Received: by mail-lf0-f43.google.com with SMTP id
> q17so4695956lfa.9 for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018
> 12:17:27 -0800 (PST)
>
> X-Google-Smtp-Source:
> AH8x224QZAWhpWA0NaSU2ftNyvStC7u8+xLwWQQRF1Lfd0PbAqic7lLDpK7Wvki/AUKrrmqNyQrBgw==
> X-Received: by 10.25.28.82 with SMTP id
> c79mr9984563lfc.44.1517077870684; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:31:10 -0800
> (PST)
>
>
> 2)
> Received: from mail-lf0-f45.google.com (mail-lf0-f45.google.com
> [209.85.215.45]) (using TLSv1 with cipher AES128-SHA (128/128 bits))
>   (No client certificate requested)
>   by mx2.suse.de (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 41085ACB2
>   for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 22:16:07 +0000
> (UTC) Received: by mail-lf0-f45.google.com with SMTP id
> t139so4897565lff.0 for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018
> 14:16:07 -0800 (PST)
>
> X-Google-Smtp-Source:
> AH8x224QZAWhpWA0NaSU2ftNyvStC7u8+xLwWQQRF1Lfd0PbAqic7lLDpK7Wvki/AUKrrmqNyQrBgw==
> X-Received: by 10.25.28.82 with SMTP id
> c79mr9984563lfc.44.1517077870684; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:31:10 -0800
> (PST)
>
> 3)
> Received: from mail-lf0-f51.google.com (mail-lf0-f51.google.com
> [209.85.215.51]) (using TLSv1 with cipher AES128-SHA (128/128 bits))
>   (No client certificate requested)
>   by mx2.suse.de (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 9F078AEF6
>   for <[hidden email]>; Sun, 28 Jan 2018 01:24:06 +0000
> (UTC) Received: by mail-lf0-f51.google.com with SMTP id
> 63so5133667lfv.4 for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018
> 17:24:06 -0800 (PST)
>
> X-Google-Smtp-Source:
> AH8x224QZAWhpWA0NaSU2ftNyvStC7u8+xLwWQQRF1Lfd0PbAqic7lLDpK7Wvki/AUKrrmqNyQrBgw==
> X-Received: by 10.25.28.82 with SMTP id
> c79mr9984563lfc.44.1517077870684; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:31:10 -0800
> (PST)
>
>
> 4)
> Received: from mail-lf0-f44.google.com (mail-lf0-f44.google.com
> [209.85.215.44]) (using TLSv1 with cipher AES128-SHA (128/128 bits))
>   (No client certificate requested)
>   by mx2.suse.de (Postfix) with ESMTPS id D5FB5AF86
>   for <[hidden email]>; Sun, 28 Jan 2018 07:35:18 +0000
> (UTC) Received: by mail-lf0-f44.google.com with SMTP id
> 63so5571694lfv.4 for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018
> 23:35:18 -0800 (PST)
>
> X-Google-Smtp-Source:
> AH8x224QZAWhpWA0NaSU2ftNyvStC7u8+xLwWQQRF1Lfd0PbAqic7lLDpK7Wvki/AUKrrmqNyQrBgw==
> X-Received: by 10.25.28.82 with SMTP id
> c79mr9984563lfc.44.1517077870684; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:31:10 -0800
> (PST)
>
>
>
> 3 and 4 have the ID 63so5571694lfv.4 at google, yet they get
> D5FB5AF86 and 9F078AEF6 at suse.de, and very different hours:
> 07:35:18, 01:24:06
>
> case 1 and 2 have different IDs.
>
> However, all have the same ID c79mr9984563lfc.44.1517077870684 at
> 10.25.28.82.
>
>
>
> Felix Miata
>
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:59:52 -0500
> Subject: Re: [opensuse] Display artifacts in Leap 42.3, on oldish
> laptop with Intel Video
>
> 1)
> Received: from elasmtp-curtail.atl.sa.earthlink.net
> (elasmtp-curtail.atl.sa.earthlink.net [209.86.89.64]) (using TLSv1
> with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits)) (No client certificate
> requested) by mx1.suse.de (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 7374BAE0E
>   for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 15:59:54 +0000
> (UTC) Received: from [24.144.120.162] (helo=[192.168.0.11])
>   by elasmtp-curtail.atl.sa.earthlink.net with esmtpa (Exim 4)
>   (envelope-from <[hidden email]>)
>   id 1efStV-0002Nw-6z
>   for [hidden email]; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:59:53 -0500
>
> 2)
> Received: from elasmtp-curtail.atl.sa.earthlink.net
> (elasmtp-curtail.atl.sa.earthlink.net [209.86.89.64]) (using TLSv1
> with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits)) (No client certificate
> requested) by mx2.suse.de (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 67C2BAF31
>   for <[hidden email]>; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 16:04:56 +0000
> (UTC) Received: from [24.144.120.162] (helo=[192.168.0.11])
>   by elasmtp-curtail.atl.sa.earthlink.net with esmtpa (Exim 4)
>   (envelope-from <[hidden email]>)
>   id 1efStV-0002Nw-6z
>   for [hidden email]; Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:59:53 -0500
>
>
> In Felix case, note the identical identifier "1efStV-0002Nw-6z" at
> earthlink.net, while there are two at suse.de: 67C2BAF31 and 7374BAE0E
>
>
> So, I don't think google is the culprit here, but suse.de server.
> Probably it is reporting to the preceding server that the receiving
> failed (or not reporting at all), while it did succeed. The
> preceeding server tries again, some times six hours later.

Yes, although google clearly plays some part. Your messages via
telefonica are normally duplicate-free, but the one you sent using
gmail is duplicated.

At this point, I suppose the suse logs are probably easier to check, or
I wonder if it is possible to use telnet or suchlike to send mail to
suse and see what happens?

> >> IMHO, the issue is caused by mx2.suse.de  
> >
> > I haven't seen this problem on any other list, certainly. And it has
> > got much, much worse here in the past few days. To the point it is
> > an annoyance rather than an amusement now.  
>
> Yep.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Dave Howorth-3
In reply to this post by james-2
On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 08:47:26 -0500
[hidden email] wrote:

> On 01/28/2018 07:10 AM, Dave Howorth wrote:
> > On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 10:05:41 +0200
> > Dave Plater <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >  
> >> what's baulking me is the thought of losing all my list mails also
> >> setting up the filters again  
> >
> > You can transfer old messages from TB to claws. That's what I did
> > when I switched. I just redid the filters by hand over a few days -
> > it wasn't too painful and gave me a chance to clear out a lot of
> > rubbish.
>
> duplicate, sorry, anyway does claws read html messages like TB?

HTML email is an abomination in my view, so I don't know, sorry.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

YADET - yet another duplicate email thread was: Re: [opensuse] Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Dave Howorth-3
In reply to this post by Patrick Shanahan-2
On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 08:26:07 -0500
Patrick Shanahan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> * Patrick Shanahan <[hidden email]> [01-28-18 07:56]:
> > * Dave Plater <[hidden email]> [01-28-18 07:24]:  
> > >
> > >
> > > On 27/01/2018 10:11, Per Jessen wrote:  
> > > >>This post has arrived at least three times on the list.  
> > > >Yep, it does look like it was sent a few times.  Maybe Google
> > > >screwed it up.  
> > > The mailing list archives also show only one post  
> >
> > *somewhere* it was generated at least three times, maybe four.  and
> > I received each.  didn't look at the headers, but will look now at
> > my backupsL:
> >
> > I got three, all with same message id and origin date.  appears
> > suse.de sent it three times (guessing on my part):
> >
> > headers for the three copies are here:
> >   http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~paka/3times.txt 
>
> fwiw: I have received four dup's of a post by "Billy Walsh",
>   Re: [opensuse-offtopic] north korea  

and we've got three copies of this mail of yours :)

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: duplicate emails to list. Was: Re: [opensuse] Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Per Jessen
In reply to this post by Dave Howorth-3
Dave Howorth wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 22:42:01 +0100
> "Carlos E. R." <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 2018-01-27 22:30, Dave Howorth wrote:
>> > On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 19:09:27 +0000 Dave Howorth <> wrote:
>>
>> ...
>>
>> >> FWIW, there's also a duplicate post by Felix Miata, Display
>> >> artifacts in Leap 42.3 at 15:59 UTC and it doesn't seem that he's
>> >> using google.
>> >
>> > And also FWIW, I don't see duplicate messages from Andrei
>> > Borzenkov, and he uses gmail. So it's not a simple case of gmail
>> > duplicating everything it sends to suse.
>>
>> I don't think you will ever see any duplicate while using a gmail
>> account, because they delete them. You only get the first copy.
>
> I don't use gmail. I don't have any google account.
> (or facebook, twitter, linkedin etc etc :)
>
> Andrei uses gmail as I said, and as does Dave P but not Felix.
>
>> I have seen duplicates from Andrei B.
>
> I haven't today, I don't think. If you can give me a date and time of
> an occurence, I can check.
>
>> IMHO, the issue is caused by mx2.suse.de
>
> I haven't seen this problem on any other list, certainly. And it has
> got much, much worse here in the past few days. To the point it is an
> annoyance rather than an amusement now.

I suggest you open a ticket - send an email to admin-at-opensuse.org.  



--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.3°C)
http://www.dns24.ch/ - free dynamic DNS, made in Switzerland.


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: duplicate emails to list. Was: Re: [opensuse] Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Carlos E. R.-2
In reply to this post by Dave Howorth-3
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1



On Sunday, 2018-01-28 at 14:58 -0000, Dave Howorth wrote:

> Yes, although google clearly plays some part. Your messages via
> telefonica are normally duplicate-free, but the one you sent using
> gmail is duplicated.

Yes, to both.
Maybe Felix will get one, LOL ;-)


> At this point, I suppose the suse logs are probably easier to check, or
> I wonder if it is possible to use telnet or suchlike to send mail to
> suse and see what happens?

Well, the first point is to look at that server logs, and perhaps increase
verbosity. It is Sunday, but we should tell some suse admin - I forgot the
procedure.

At <https://www.opensuse.org/> there is no "contact" link.

- --
Cheers,
        Carlos E. R.
        (from openSUSE 42.2 x86_64 "Malachite" at Telcontar)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2

iEYEARECAAYFAlpuGg0ACgkQtTMYHG2NR9XNIwCdF/aKXIZk+NRVsJcHF1vUHyhp
U8YAoI1ETsiQv65mUyh7+5Mo5LOQdG+V
=59o9
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: duplicate emails to list. Was: Re: [opensuse] Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Dave Howorth-3
In reply to this post by Per Jessen
On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 16:40:41 +0100
Per Jessen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dave Howorth wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 22:42:01 +0100
> > "Carlos E. R." <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >  
> >> On 2018-01-27 22:30, Dave Howorth wrote:  
> >> > On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 19:09:27 +0000 Dave Howorth <> wrote:  
> >>
> >> ...
> >>  
> >> >> FWIW, there's also a duplicate post by Felix Miata, Display
> >> >> artifacts in Leap 42.3 at 15:59 UTC and it doesn't seem that
> >> >> he's using google.  
> >> >
> >> > And also FWIW, I don't see duplicate messages from Andrei
> >> > Borzenkov, and he uses gmail. So it's not a simple case of gmail
> >> > duplicating everything it sends to suse.  
> >>
> >> I don't think you will ever see any duplicate while using a gmail
> >> account, because they delete them. You only get the first copy.  
> >
> > I don't use gmail. I don't have any google account.
> > (or facebook, twitter, linkedin etc etc :)
> >
> > Andrei uses gmail as I said, and as does Dave P but not Felix.
> >  
> >> I have seen duplicates from Andrei B.  
> >
> > I haven't today, I don't think. If you can give me a date and time
> > of an occurence, I can check.
> >  
> >> IMHO, the issue is caused by mx2.suse.de  
> >
> > I haven't seen this problem on any other list, certainly. And it has
> > got much, much worse here in the past few days. To the point it is
> > an annoyance rather than an amusement now.  
>
> I suggest you open a ticket - send an email to
> admin-at-opensuse.org.  

done

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: duplicate emails to list. Was: Re: [opensuse] Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Dave Howorth-3
I sent this to the list an hour ago but it hasn't appeared in my inbox,
for whatever reason. It is in the list archive online as are various
other messages I also haven't received, so I suspect something more
serious is now wrong.

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 20:53:25 +0000
Dave Howorth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 16:40:41 +0100
> Per Jessen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dave Howorth wrote:
> >  
> > > On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 22:42:01 +0100
> > > "Carlos E. R." <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >    
> > >> On 2018-01-27 22:30, Dave Howorth wrote:    
> > >> > On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 19:09:27 +0000 Dave Howorth <> wrote:    
> > >>
> > >> ...
> > >>    
> > >> >> FWIW, there's also a duplicate post by Felix Miata, Display
> > >> >> artifacts in Leap 42.3 at 15:59 UTC and it doesn't seem that
> > >> >> he's using google.    
> > >> >
> > >> > And also FWIW, I don't see duplicate messages from Andrei
> > >> > Borzenkov, and he uses gmail. So it's not a simple case of
> > >> > gmail duplicating everything it sends to suse.    
> > >>
> > >> I don't think you will ever see any duplicate while using a gmail
> > >> account, because they delete them. You only get the first
> > >> copy.    
> > >
> > > I don't use gmail. I don't have any google account.
> > > (or facebook, twitter, linkedin etc etc :)
> > >
> > > Andrei uses gmail as I said, and as does Dave P but not Felix.
> > >    
> > >> I have seen duplicates from Andrei B.    
> > >
> > > I haven't today, I don't think. If you can give me a date and time
> > > of an occurence, I can check.
> > >    
> > >> IMHO, the issue is caused by mx2.suse.de    
> > >
> > > I haven't seen this problem on any other list, certainly. And it
> > > has got much, much worse here in the past few days. To the point
> > > it is an annoyance rather than an amusement now.    
> >
> > I suggest you open a ticket - send an email to
> > admin-at-opensuse.org.    
>
> done


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Patrick Shanahan-2
In reply to this post by Dave Plater lst
* Dave Plater <[hidden email]> [01-28-18 16:53]:
 [...]
> Although I only use imap on this address, I had pop enabled as well. Don't
> know if that caused it. I've seen this with other peoples messages on
> occasions.
> I'm looking at claws-mail, going to look at alpine as well have to set up
> filters again sigh.

why bother.  the problem affects others which would indicate the problem
is not your's.

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA          @ptilopteri
http://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member    facebook/ptilopteri
Registered Linux User #207535                    @ http://linuxcounter.net
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                    paka @ IRCnet freenode

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: duplicate emails to list. Was: Re: [opensuse] Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

james-2
In reply to this post by Dave Howorth-3
On 01/28/2018 04:49 PM, Dave Howorth wrote:

> I sent this to the list an hour ago but it hasn't appeared in my inbox,
> for whatever reason. It is in the list archive online as are various
> other messages I also haven't received, so I suspect something more
> serious is now wrong.
>
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 20:53:25 +0000
> Dave Howorth <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 16:40:41 +0100
>> Per Jessen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Dave Howorth wrote:
>>>  
>>>> On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 22:42:01 +0100
>>>> "Carlos E. R." <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>    
>>>>> On 2018-01-27 22:30, Dave Howorth wrote:    
>>>>>> On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 19:09:27 +0000 Dave Howorth <> wrote:    
>>>>>
>>>>> ...
>>>>>    
>>>>>>> FWIW, there's also a duplicate post by Felix Miata, Display
>>>>>>> artifacts in Leap 42.3 at 15:59 UTC and it doesn't seem that
>>>>>>> he's using google.    
>>>>>>
>>>>>> And also FWIW, I don't see duplicate messages from Andrei
>>>>>> Borzenkov, and he uses gmail. So it's not a simple case of
>>>>>> gmail duplicating everything it sends to suse.    
>>>>>
>>>>> I don't think you will ever see any duplicate while using a gmail
>>>>> account, because they delete them. You only get the first
>>>>> copy.    
>>>>
>>>> I don't use gmail. I don't have any google account.
>>>> (or facebook, twitter, linkedin etc etc :)
>>>>
>>>> Andrei uses gmail as I said, and as does Dave P but not Felix.
>>>>    
>>>>> I have seen duplicates from Andrei B.    
>>>>
>>>> I haven't today, I don't think. If you can give me a date and time
>>>> of an occurence, I can check.
>>>>    
>>>>> IMHO, the issue is caused by mx2.suse.de    
>>>>
>>>> I haven't seen this problem on any other list, certainly. And it
>>>> has got much, much worse here in the past few days. To the point
>>>> it is an annoyance rather than an amusement now.    
>>>
>>> I suggest you open a ticket - send an email to
>>> admin-at-opensuse.org.    
>>
>> done
>
>
Is it possible to get MX records to get smtp and imap? gmail just dont
cut it.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: duplicate emails to list.

David T-G-2
In reply to this post by Dave Howorth-3
Dave, et al --

...and then Dave Howorth said...
%
% I sent this to the list an hour ago but it hasn't appeared in my inbox,
% for whatever reason. It is in the list archive online as are various
% other messages I also haven't received, so I suspect something more
% serious is now wrong.

I don't recall how long it's been, but I saw it go by ... maybe even a
few times :-)


HTH & HANN

:-D
--
David T-G
See http://justpickone.org/davidtg/email/
See http://justpickone.org/davidtg/tofu.txt


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Leap 42.3 old TeXlive, old Circuitikz 0.6

Dave Plater lst
In reply to this post by Dave Howorth-3


On 28/01/2018 14:10, Dave Howorth wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 10:05:41 +0200
> Dave Plater <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> what's baulking me is the thought of losing all my list mails also
>> setting up the filters again
>
> You can transfer old messages from TB to claws.

How do you do that? I only see import in the TB tools menu. It would be
good to have a backup email ui, kmail is too troublesome.

  That's what I did when
> I switched. I just redid the filters by hand over a few days - it
> wasn't too painful and gave me a chance to clear out a lot of rubbish.
>

I may not have to do that, I've nuked akonadi and the hangs I was
getting, no longer occur (fingers crossed). I've also disabled message
autosave after finding a host of drafts among messages in the google web ui.

Dave P

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

1234