Leap 42.3 and Firefox 54

Frank Krüger
Given the discussion on the mozilla mailing list

https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory-mozilla/2017-03/msg00000.html

are there any chances to see Firefox >= 54 in the upcoming Leap 42.3
release?

Regards,

Frank

Re: Leap 42.3 and Firefox 54

Wolfgang Rosenauer-4
Am 14.06.2017 um 11:47 schrieb Frank Krüger:
> Given the discussion on the mozilla mailing list
>
> https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory-mozilla/2017-03/msg00000.html
>
> are there any chances to see Firefox >= 54 in the upcoming Leap 42.3
> release?

There are chances indeed. But no final decisions. Most likely it could
only be an optional parallel package because the risk that we cannot
update further at some point is very high which would leave us an
insecure system. It's not given that we can reach the next ESR version.

Wolfgang