Leap 15 status update 20171220

Ludwig Nussel
Hi,

Leap 15 is slowly getting into shape. Two weeks ago integration of
packages that were in 42 but not in 15 started. Of the ~6000 submit
requests most are in, including alternative desktop environments
like XFCE. ~1500 requests are left to sort out¹. Also, there's
finally a working NET iso. So for the curious certainly worth to
give it a try already.

Leap 15 followed the switch to openssl 1.1 which caused quite some
build failures. The efforts in Factory to get rid of Python 2 in
favor of 3 in the base system are also mirrored in Leap. Some
helping hands to fix resulting build failures in Factory² will help
Leap 15 too and would be highly appreciated. Feel free to just
branch packages and submit fixes back to their devel projects, no
special permissions needed!

With all the heavy changes going on, the previously targeted release
date early in the year unfortunately turned out to be too ambitious.
A release in May looks more realistic at the moment. We have to see
how things progress next year though.

As soon as the remaining requests are down to a reasonable amount,
semi-automatic submission of new packages from Factory will start.
If you are a package maintainer watch out for review requests you
have to take a decision about.

If you have any questions or need help with some submissions, feel
free to contact the release team³.

cu
Ludwig

[1] see 'ADI' tab in
     https://build.opensuse.org/project/staging_projects/openSUSE:Leap:15.0
[2] https://build.opensuse.org/project/status/openSUSE:Factory
[3] mailto:[hidden email]

--
  (o_   Ludwig Nussel
  //\

Re: Leap 15 status update 20171220

Stakanov Schufter
In data mercoledì 20 dicembre 2017 16:57:26 CET, Ludwig Nussel ha scritto:
> Hi,

> [1] see 'ADI' tab in
>      https://build.opensuse.org/project/staging_projects/openSUSE:Leap:15.0
> [2] https://build.opensuse.org/project/status/openSUSE:Factory
> [3] mailto:[hidden email]

Don't know if the issue is known but link one gives me a Error 500

Re: Leap 15 status update 20171220

Basil Chupin-2
On 24/12/17 21:07, stakanov wrote:
> In data mercoled� 20 dicembre 2017 16:57:26 CET, Ludwig Nussel ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>> [1] see 'ADI' tab in
>>      https://build.opensuse.org/project/staging_projects/openSUSE:Leap:15.0
>> [2] https://build.opensuse.org/project/status/openSUSE:Factory
>> [3] mailto:[hidden email]
> Don't know if the issue is known but link one gives me a Error 500

Same here -- and even cannot connect to [2] at all.

BC

--
Always be nice to people on your way up -- you'll see
the same people on your way down.

In data domenica 24 dicembre 2017 23:58:55 CET, Basil Chupin ha scritto:

> On 24/12/17 21:07, stakanov wrote:
> > In data mercoled� 20 dicembre 2017 16:57:26 CET, Ludwig Nussel ha scritto:
> >> Hi,
> >> [1] see 'ADI' tab in
> >>
> >>      https://build.opensuse.org/project/staging_projects/openSUSE:Leap:15
> >>      .0
> >>
> >> [2] https://build.opensuse.org/project/status/openSUSE:Factory
> >> [3] mailto:[hidden email]
> >
> > Don't know if the issue is known but link one gives me a Error 500
>
> Same here -- and even cannot connect to [2] at all.
>
> BC

Yes, tried it again today, probably an issue over the holidays.
link (1) gives error 500 and link (2) does load eternally without result.
I can therefore confirm your observation.
Seasonal greetings.

scritto:

> > > Don't know if the issue is known but link one gives me a Error 500
> >
> > Same here -- and even cannot connect to [2] at all.
> >
> > BC
>
> Yes, tried it again today, probably an issue over the holidays.
> link (1) gives error 500 and link (2) does load eternally without result.
> I can therefore confirm your observation.
> Seasonal greetings.

As I come from writing, after three minutes of empty loading suddenly the page
is there. So maybe they are working already on the issue.

Re: Leap 15 status update 20171220

Dave Plater lst

On 25/12/2017 11:07, stakanov wrote:

> In data lunedì 25 dicembre 2017 10:05:28 CET, stakanov ha scritto:

>>> Same here -- and even cannot connect to [2] at all.
>>>
>>> BC
>>
>> Yes, tried it again today, probably an issue over the holidays.
>> link (1) gives error 500 and link (2) does load eternally without result.
>> I can therefore confirm your observation.
>> Seasonal greetings.
>>

> As I come from writing, after three minutes of empty loading suddenly the page
> is there. So maybe they are working already on the issue.

> Ihre E-Mail-Postf�cher sicher & zentral an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und alte E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! https://www.eclipso.de

If it's any consolation, I use link 2 frequently but from obs and it
always irritates by taking long to load.
Merry Christmas
Dave P

Re: Leap 15 status update 20171220

Axel Braun-2
Hi Ludwig,

Am Mittwoch, 20. Dezember 2017, 16:57:26 CET schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
> With all the heavy changes going on, the previously targeted release
> date early in the year unfortunately turned out to be too ambitious.
> A release in May looks more realistic at the moment. We have to see
> how things progress next year though.

Bis wann sollen denn neue Pakete drin sein? Wir bauen gerade an einem
gnuhealth-client

Schöne Feiertage
Axel

--
Dr.-Ing. Axel K. Braun
Mobile: +49.173.7003.154

This mail was *not scanned* before sending.
It was sent from a secure Linux-Desktop:

OS: openSUSE 42.3 (x86_64)
Kernel: 4.4.103-36-default

Am Montag, 25. Dezember 2017, 19:13:24 CET schrieb Dr. Axel Braun:

> Hi Ludwig,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 20. Dezember 2017, 16:57:26 CET schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
> > With all the heavy changes going on, the previously targeted release
> > date early in the year unfortunately turned out to be too ambitious.
> > A release in May looks more realistic at the moment. We have to see
> > how things progress next year though.
>
> Bis wann sollen denn neue Pakete drin sein? Wir bauen gerade an einem
> gnuhealth-client

Soorry! Was not meant for public!
Axel

Re: Leap 15 status update 20171220

Max Lin

On 12/25/2017 05:05 PM, stakanov wrote:

> In data domenica 24 dicembre 2017 23:58:55 CET, Basil Chupin ha scritto:

>>> Don't know if the issue is known but link one gives me a Error 500
>>
>> Same here -- and even cannot connect to [2] at all.
>>
>> BC
>
> Yes, tried it again today, probably an issue over the holidays.
> link (1) gives error 500 and link (2) does load eternally without result.
> I can therefore confirm your observation.
> Seasonal greetings.

The error is because of openqa.opensuse.org was down therefor the
dashboard fails to reach openqa server, I even can not access to openqa
machine so I don't know what is the problem there. This issue needs
heros/infra's help, I just sent mail to @admin, as it's holiday there, I
didn't expected the service can get back soon.

Regards,
Max