Latest nVidia driver for Linux (just) released

Latest nVidia driver for Linux (just) released

Basil Chupin
Driver #9629 is now available from nVidia.

Cheers.

--
"If the terrier and the bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow."

                                         George W. Bush  January 2000

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: Latest nVidia driver for Linux (just) released

Fred A. Miller
On Wednesday November 08 2006 7:38 am, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Driver #9629 is now available from nVidia.

Ok.....I'll try it.

Thanks,

Fred

--
MickySoft, the ultimate corporate parasite.

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: Latest nVidia driver for Linux (just) released

Fred A. Miller
On Wednesday November 08 2006 7:38 am, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Driver #9629 is now available from nVidia.
>
> Cheers.

Yes......cheers, for sure!! ALL of my nVidia problems are GONE!! I'm back to
24-bit color, DVD movies play as smooth as silk. Obviously, the problems WERE
with nVidia.

Fred

Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On Wednesday November 08 2006 7:38 am, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> Driver #9629 is now available from nVidia.
>>
>> Cheers.
>
> Yes......cheers, for sure!! ALL of my nVidia problems are GONE!! I'm back to
> 24-bit color, DVD movies play as smooth as silk. Obviously, the problems WERE
> with nVidia.

Good news! But the gears still spin slowly :-) (however, the fps have
increased by 0.33%).

Cheers.

On Wednesday November 08 2006 11:08 pm, Basil Chupin wrote:

> Fred A. Miller wrote:
> > On Wednesday November 08 2006 7:38 am, Basil Chupin wrote:
> >> Driver #9629 is now available from nVidia.
> >>
> >> Cheers.
> >
> > Yes......cheers, for sure!! ALL of my nVidia problems are GONE!! I'm back
> > to 24-bit color, DVD movies play as smooth as silk. Obviously, the
> > problems WERE with nVidia.
>
> Good news! But the gears still spin slowly :-) (however, the fps have
> increased by 0.33%).

'More gain than that here. ;)

Fred

--
MickySoft, the ultimate corporate parasite.

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: Latest nVidia driver for Linux (just) released

matthias.titeux
Hi erveryone,

I followed with interest the threads on the nvidia drivers.
I did not upgrade it since a long time (was running #77XX, sorry don't
remember), and I decided to try the very last one (#9629). The security hole
was the main concern.
I used the tiny-nvidia-installer to download and install it.
Yesterday, it gave only 700 FPS (same window size). At this time, I might not
have rebooted but I surely ran sax2 and keyboard did not work. I switched to
init 3 and went back home.
This morning I ran sax2 again as root and selected another generic keyboard
set. Then, I started X and everything is running smoothly so far. Glxgears
gives 1700 FPS (small window) with a GeForce 2MX400.

Don't know if it helps.

Regards

Matthias
              Matthias Titeux, PhD
Departement de génétique des maladies epithéliums
                INSERM U563 - CPTP
           Pavillon Lefebvre, 5ème étage
                   CHU Purpan
             31059 Toulouse cedex 03