Kwallet

Mike-207
Is there a way to turn kwallet off completely? I just installed 11.4
X_64 and when trying to configure kmail, it pops up wanting me to store
my password there. I don't want it, don't need it. This is a one person
computer.

FWIW, kwalletmanager doesn't run. Tried to start from the menu, and
fromthe command line. Nothing.

Mike

--
Powered by SuSE 11.0 Kernel 2.6.25  KDE 3.5 Kmail 1.9
  1:47pm  up   0:48,  2 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.12, 0.23

Re: Kwallet

phanisvara das
On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:19:10 +0530, Mike <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to turn kwallet off completely? I just installed 11.4
> X_64 and when trying to configure kmail, it pops up wanting me to store
> my password there. I don't want it, don't need it. This is a one person
> computer.

i found the easiest way around this is to assign a blank password to the standard wallet. then it won't ask you for a password again, ever. each application will ask once for permission to use kwallet, and if you answer "always," it won't happen again either.

> FWIW, kwalletmanager doesn't run. Tried to start from the menu, and
> fromthe command line. Nothing.

it usually runs hidden in your systray. there's a small upward-pointing arrow in there. clicking on that should show you kwallet.

--
phani.

Re: Kwallet

Mike-207
On Thursday 17 March 2011, phanisvara das wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:19:10 +0530, Mike <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Is there a way to turn kwallet off completely? I just installed
> > 11.4 X_64 and when trying to configure kmail, it pops up wanting me
> > to store my password there. I don't want it, don't need it. This is
> > a one person computer.
>
> i found the easiest way around this is to assign a blank password to
> the standard wallet. then it won't ask you for a password again,
> ever. each application will ask once for permission to use kwallet,
> and if you answer "always," it won't happen again either.
>
> > FWIW, kwalletmanager doesn't run. Tried to start from the menu, and
> > fromthe command line. Nothing.
>
> it usually runs hidden in your systray. there's a small
> upward-pointing arrow in there. clicking on that should show you
> kwallet.

Thanks for the information. I'll give it a try later when I reboot.

Mike