Kontac Config Files

Lívio Cipriano
Hi,

I found some behaviors in Kontact, that I classify as aleatory, but they seam
to manifest when I log out from kde without close Kontact first.

Sometimes, some folder's configurations (specially with mailing lists
associated) are lost when I close Kontact. Other times, I reopen Kontact and
trying to close it, I receive a message stating that my contacts can't be
saved cause they are locked.

Any ideas why this happens?

Regards,

Lívio Cipriano

For additional commands, email: [hidden email]
Please do not cross-post to suse-linux-e

Re: Kontac Config Files

Will Stephenson-2
On Friday 01 September 2006 12:51, Lívio Cipriano said:
> I found some behaviors in Kontact, that I classify as aleatory, but they
> seam to manifest when I log out from kde without close Kontact first.
>
> Sometimes, some folder's configurations (specially with mailing lists
> associated) are lost when I close Kontact. Other times, I reopen Kontact
> and trying to close it, I receive a message stating that my contacts can't
> be saved cause they are locked.
>
> Any ideas why this happens?

Probably because Kontact crashed on logout for some reason.  Did you see a Dr
Konqi crash window during the logout?

Will

For additional commands, email: [hidden email]
Please do not cross-post to suse-linux-e

Re: Kontac Config Files

Lívio Cipriano
No. It just a guess, but I think that might be connected with the fact that
I'm using the config files of my previous instalations: SuSE 9.2 and 9.2.

Lívio

On Friday 01 September 2006 07:50, Lívio Cipriano wrote:
> No. It just a guess, but I think that might be connected with the fact that
> I'm using the config files of my previous instalations: SuSE 9.2 and 9.2.

Another guess: you are running Kontact twice, or some combination of Kontact
and its constituent parts, ie KMail, KAddressbook, together.  This would
cause the locking problem and the disappearing settings.  Do you run Kontact
on the same machine on different sessions, remotely via NX for example?

Will

On 3 September de 2006 14:07, Will Stephenson wrote:

>  On Friday 01 September 2006 07:50, Lívio Cipriano wrote:
>  > No. It just a guess, but I think that might be connected with the fact
>  > that I'm using the config files of my previous instalations: SuSE 9.2
>  > and 9.2.
>
>  Another guess: you are running Kontact twice, or some combination of
> Kontact and its constituent parts, ie KMail, KAddressbook, together.  This
> would cause the locking problem and the disappearing settings.  Do you run
> Kontact on the same machine on different sessions, remotely via NX for
> example?
>
>  Will

No, I'm not.

I've two clues:

1. THe fact that I upgrade kde (SuSE 9.2 -> 10.1) and keep all my home files,
seams that the new version of kde (3.5.1) get "confused" with the old config
files. I deleted all the settings from kmailrc, except the identities and the
accounts, restarted kmail and the problems disappeared; till further notice.

2. When kmail crashs. Even long time setups disappear.

LC