Konsole: re-order profiles

Achim Gratz

I'm almost certain that Konsole used to allow me to re-order the
profiles (new ones are always created at the end now).  Is that
functionality still available somewhere in the GUI where I don't find it
or do I have to edit the preferences?

Regards,
Achim.

Re: Konsole: re-order profiles

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Mittwoch, 22. März 2017, 21:07:34 schrieb Achim Gratz:
> I'm almost certain that Konsole used to allow me to re-order the
> profiles (new ones are always created at the end now).

Well, what exactly do you mean with "reorder"? And where?

I don't seem to be able to do that in the KDE4 version either, if I understand
correctly what you mean.
Nor in the KDE3 version, which I happen to have still installed as well...
(although that only had "sessions", no "profiles")

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Wolfgang Bauer writes:
> Am Mittwoch, 22. März 2017, 21:07:34 schrieb Achim Gratz:
>> I'm almost certain that Konsole used to allow me to re-order the
>> profiles (new ones are always created at the end now).
>
> Well, what exactly do you mean with "reorder"? And where?

Ideally in the "Manage Profiles" window.

> I don't seem to be able to do that in the KDE4 version either, if I
> understand correctly what you mean.

Well, then I must have misremebered.  Anyway, I've gone looking and it
appears that when you add a new profile Konsole shows it at the end of
the list, then when you restart it, all the profiles are sorted
lexically (most likely because that's what is the order they are read
from the directory the profile files are in).  As you say, there doesn't
seem to be a way to change the order, even though (as the example of
adding a new profile shows) the internal data structure would quite
clearly allow to display them in a different order.  I might be able to
just rename the files and hope that the sort order of the files is kept
and the file names are forgotten in favor of the name inside, but I
haven't tried that yet.

Regards,
Achim.