Kmail question, what is RID?

Constant Brouerius van Nidek
In my daily struggle with kmail I survive by manually erasing
duplicates, using akonadictl fsck, vacuum and restart.
With akonadictl fsck I find up to 15 items with no RID.
Example:
-------------
Looking for dirty objects...
Collection "Search" (id: 1) has no RID.
Found 1 collections without RID.
Item "5261" has no RID.
Found 1 items without RID.
-----------

Started looking for RID but up to now to no avail.
Trying to keep kmail as clean as possible I would like to know: What is
RID and where and how can I get rid of them. An Item number does not
give me much info.
Additional info, I am only using POP and my Tumbleweed is fully updated.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170318
Qt: 5.7.1

Re: Kmail question, what is RID?

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Mittwoch, 22. März 2017, 10:44:36 schrieb Constant Brouerius van Nidek:
> Trying to keep kmail as clean as possible I would like to know: What is
> RID and where and how can I get rid of them. An Item number does not
> give me much info.

A RID is a "remote identifier".

As I understand it, in the case of IMAP it is the id of the message on the
IMAP server.
If it is empty, that supposedly means that the message has not been
synchronized to the server and is only available in the Akonadi database.

An easy way to "fix" it would probably be to move the mail to another folder
and back, I think.

It should also be possible to mark it as "dirty" in the database and wait for
Akonadi to synchronize again.
But I cannot tell you at hand how you would do that. (you'd need to directly
modify the database, via akonadiconsole e.g.)

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang