KMail window

Günther J. Niederwimmer
Hello,

I have to configure on all Starts the Kmail Window, it starts in a minimal size
also I have to start the kmail twice to have a functional Kmail I mean akonadi
is not started correct,

I mean I have a functional kmail month ago ??

I have enabled  the repositorys KDE_QT5 KDE Framewotks5 Extra and Applicatio

My system is Leap 42.3

have any a correct working kmail or is kmail dead ??

Thanks for a answer,
--
mit freundlichen Grüssen / best regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer

Re: KMail window

Günther J. Niederwimmer
Am Sonntag, 18. Februar 2018, 10:43:21 CET schrieb Günther J. Niederwimmer:

> Hello,
>
> I have to configure on all Starts the Kmail Window, it starts in a minimal
> size also I have to start the kmail twice to have a functional Kmail I mean
> akonadi is not started correct,
>
> I mean I have a functional kmail month ago ??
>
> I have enabled  the repositorys KDE_QT5 KDE Framewotks5 Extra and Applicatio
>
> My system is Leap 42.3
>
> have any a correct working kmail or is kmail dead ??
>
> Thanks for a answer,

I dont know why this sending twice  to this Mailinglist ??

excuse
--
mit freundlichen Grüssen / best regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer

Re: KMail window

Stakanov Schufter
In data domenica 18 febbraio 2018 10:43:21 CET, Günther J. Niederwimmer ha
scritto:

> Hello,
>
> I have to configure on all Starts the Kmail Window, it starts in a minimal
> size also I have to start the kmail twice to have a functional Kmail I mean
> akonadi is not started correct,
>
> I mean I have a functional kmail month ago ??
>
> I have enabled  the repositorys KDE_QT5 KDE Framewotks5 Extra and Applicatio
>
> My system is Leap 42.3
>
> have any a correct working kmail or is kmail dead ??
>
> Thanks for a answer,

I had this problem on a machine, but it was on 42.2. The problem did arise
when you use baloo / indexer verson 4 with the new akonadiversion and the
kmail4.
With 42.3 you "should" have been migrated in automatic to kmail5 and baloo,
indexer of the new plasma 5. Particular for what is baloo and the indexer I
have my doubts.
Please check if this is done. After that, what does it mean to have it
"functional"? Does it mean it is offline (that would be the problem as of
above). Or does it mean you cannot resize the window that did open?
One problem I did see when starting in automatic Kontact was, hat when
starting it was too fast compared to plasma. If after the above suggestions
you should still run into problems with kontact/kmail you could tell the
desktop to start it with a delay. Unfortunately I do not know how to set this
but some of the list will know.
One suggestion for the future is not to list just the repos but also exacly
the listing of the packages installed so that people can check for
consistency.
This is particularly true after migration of KDE version (3 to 4, 4 to 5, 5 to
6 etc).

Good luck.