KMail - no mails getting downloaded

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

KMail - no mails getting downloaded

Axel Braun-2
Morning all,

I have an issue with one mail account since friday - it is not being synced
anymore (IMAP).
I can still send mails (like this one), I tried aconadictl fsck | vaccum and
of course restart. In akonadiconsole I can see the last mails (locally), but
cant trigger a sync.

Did an upgrade to latest TW in between, but no change.

Any ideas what to try?

Thanks in advance
Axel
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: KMail - no mails getting downloaded

Jan Ritzerfeld-3
Am Sonntag, 4. Juni 2017, 10:22:37 CEST schrieb Axel Braun:
> Morning all,
>
> I have an issue with one mail account since friday - it is not being synced
> anymore (IMAP).

Do you see no emails at all or only old ones? And does this affect other
folders than your Inbox, too?

> I can still send mails (like this one),

And you see them in your Sent folder?

> I tried aconadictl fsck | vaccum and
> of course restart. In akonadiconsole I can see the last mails (locally),
> but cant trigger a sync.

You can't click the context menu items in Synchronize or clicking them has no
effect?

> Did an upgrade to latest TW in between, but no change.
>
> Any ideas what to try?

If the Inbox is your only problem maybe:
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2017-01/msg00473.html
Disable server side subscription and make sure that all your folders are
checked in the local subscriptions. Both settings are accessible via the
context menu of your account in the message list.

Gruß
 Jan
--
Reputation is character minus what you've been caught doing.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: KMail - no mails getting downloaded

Axel Braun-2


Am 4. Juni 2017 12:59:22 MESZ schrieb Jan Ritzerfeld <[hidden email]>:

>Am Sonntag, 4. Juni 2017, 10:22:37 CEST schrieb Axel Braun:
>> Morning all,
>>
>> I have an issue with one mail account since friday - it is not being
>synced
>> anymore (IMAP).
>
>Do you see no emails at all or only old ones? And does this affect
>other
>folders than your Inbox, too?

All folders of this account, I see only old mails

>> I can still send mails (like this one),
>
>And you see them in your Sent folder?

Yes, but it is not synced. It is not visible on the mailserver's sendbox

>> I tried aconadictl fsck | vaccum and
>> of course restart. In akonadiconsole I can see the last mails
>(locally),
>> but cant trigger a sync.
>
>You can't click the context menu items in Synchronize or clicking them
>has no
>effect?

Correct

>> Did an upgrade to latest TW in between, but no change.
>>
>> Any ideas what to try?
>
>If the Inbox is your only problem maybe:
>https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2017-01/msg00473.html
>Disable server side subscription and make sure that all your folders
>are
>checked in the local subscriptions. Both settings are accessible via
>the
>context menu of your account in the message list.

Server side subscriptions were not enabled...

Thanks for your hints,
Axel
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: solved - KMail - no mails getting downloaded

Axel Braun-2
In reply to this post by Jan Ritzerfeld-3
Am Sonntag, 4. Juni 2017, 12:59:22 CEST schrieb Jan Ritzerfeld:

> Am Sonntag, 4. Juni 2017, 10:22:37 CEST schrieb Axel Braun:
> > Morning all,
> >
> > I have an issue with one mail account since friday - it is not being
> > synced
> > anymore (IMAP).
>
> Do you see no emails at all or only old ones? And does this affect other
> folders than your Inbox, too?
>
> > I can still send mails (like this one),
>
> And you see them in your Sent folder?
>
> > I tried aconadictl fsck | vaccum and
> > of course restart. In akonadiconsole I can see the last mails (locally),
> > but cant trigger a sync.
>
> You can't click the context menu items in Synchronize or clicking them has
> no effect?
>
> > Did an upgrade to latest TW in between, but no change.
> >
> > Any ideas what to try?
>
> If the Inbox is your only problem maybe:
> https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2017-01/msg00473.html
> Disable server side subscription and make sure that all your folders are
> checked in the local subscriptions. Both settings are accessible via the
> context menu of your account in the message list.

The good news is - it is solved
The better news is - it was no KMail problem

The solution was....the internet access on the boat I'm currently on: Looks
like they are blocking STARTTLS/port 143 , and the account was the only one
using this...the day before I had replicated my mail via cell phone tethering,
so I did not notice the coincidence in the first glance.

Room for improvement...KMail could tell when it cant connect...

Sorry for the noise
Axel
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: solved - KMail - no mails getting downloaded

Knurpht-openSUSE
Op woensdag 7 juni 2017 21:17:32 CEST schreef Axel Braun:

> Am Sonntag, 4. Juni 2017, 12:59:22 CEST schrieb Jan Ritzerfeld:
> > Am Sonntag, 4. Juni 2017, 10:22:37 CEST schrieb Axel Braun:
> > > Morning all,
> > >
> > > I have an issue with one mail account since friday - it is not being
> > > synced
> > > anymore (IMAP).
> >
> > Do you see no emails at all or only old ones? And does this affect other
> > folders than your Inbox, too?
> >
> > > I can still send mails (like this one),
> >
> > And you see them in your Sent folder?
> >
> > > I tried aconadictl fsck | vaccum and
> > > of course restart. In akonadiconsole I can see the last mails (locally),
> > > but cant trigger a sync.
> >
> > You can't click the context menu items in Synchronize or clicking them has
> > no effect?
> >
> > > Did an upgrade to latest TW in between, but no change.
> > >
> > > Any ideas what to try?
> >
> > If the Inbox is your only problem maybe:
> > https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2017-01/msg00473.html
> > Disable server side subscription and make sure that all your folders are
> > checked in the local subscriptions. Both settings are accessible via the
> > context menu of your account in the message list.
>
> The good news is - it is solved
> The better news is - it was no KMail problem
>
> The solution was....the internet access on the boat I'm currently on: Looks
> like they are blocking STARTTLS/port 143 , and the account was the only one
> using this...the day before I had replicated my mail via cell phone
> tethering, so I did not notice the coincidence in the first glance.
>
> Room for improvement...KMail could tell when it cant connect...

It does .... But only when the network connection has entirely gone. But not
on an account level, no, though when looking at the settings - accounts you
should see a message when restarting the service ( have a look and you'll
understand ).

>
> Sorry for the noise

Don't bother :D

> Axel


--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: solved - KMail - no mails getting downloaded

Axel Braun-2
Hi Gertjan,

Am Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2017, 22:00:47 CEST schrieb Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink:

> > Room for improvement...KMail could tell when it cant connect...
>
> It does .... But only when the network connection has entirely gone. But not
> on an account level, no, though when looking at the settings - accounts you
> should see a message when restarting the service ( have a look and you'll
> understand ).

I'm very sure there was no message...even not when I corrupted the password to
force an error message

Cheers
Axel
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]