KDE5 Windowmanager

Günther J. Niederwimmer
Hello List,

what is wrong on my system or with KDE5 ?

From 42.1 I have the Problem the Focus is always on the wrong Monitor? After a
reboot I have to configure always the correct Monitor for my working ?

I have a Intel Xeon with integrated Graphic (4600) is this driver broken or
have KDE a Problem ?

I look in the config the first Monitor is HDMI 3 but starting with HDMI 1 after
change in systemconfig (kde) switch HDMI3 -> HDMI1 -> HDMI3 the Focus is on the
correct Monitor ?

Any Idea ?
--
mit freundlichen Grüssen / best regards

  Günther J. Niederwimmer

Re: KDE5 Windowmanager

Daniele
Il 09/04/2017 15:42, Günther J. Niederwimmer ha scritto:

> Hello List,
>
> what is wrong on my system or with KDE5 ?
>
> From 42.1 I have the Problem the Focus is always on the wrong Monitor? After a
> reboot I have to configure always the correct Monitor for my working ?
>
> I have a Intel Xeon with integrated Graphic (4600) is this driver broken or
> have KDE a Problem ?
>
> I look in the config the first Monitor is HDMI 3 but starting with HDMI 1 after
> change in systemconfig (kde) switch HDMI3 -> HDMI1 -> HDMI3 the Focus is on the
> correct Monitor ?
>
> Any Idea ?

Hi, with nvidia and Plasma 4, I fixed my multimonitor setup writing an
xorg.conf file. The kde tool, Kscreen, never worked for me.
I don't know if Plasma 5 is better..

Daniele.

Re: KDE5 Windowmanager

Felix Miata-3
Günther J. Niederwimmer composed on 2017-04-09 15:42 (UTC+0200):

> what is wrong on my system or with KDE5 ?

> From 42.1 I have the Problem the Focus is always on the wrong Monitor? After a
> reboot I have to configure always the correct Monitor for my working ?

> I have a Intel Xeon with integrated Graphic (4600) is this driver broken or
> have KDE a Problem ?

> I look in the config the first Monitor is HDMI 3 but starting with HDMI 1 after
> change in systemconfig (kde) switch HDMI3 -> HDMI1 -> HDMI3 the Focus is on the
> correct Monitor ?

> Any Idea ?

I use xorg.conf* or xrandr instead of systemsettings5. Here's a working xrandr
startup script in /etc/X11/xinit/xinirc.d/setup:

xrandr --dpi 108 --output HDMI-1 --mode 1920x1080 --primary --output VGA-1
--mode 1680x1050 --right-of HDMI-1 # modeset or nouveau dual

and its (missing icons) result:
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/KDE/desktopK5310-3600x1080x108-201704.jpg

In ~/.config/kded5rc symlinked to ~/.config/kdedrc I have this:
[Module-kscreen]
autoload=false

Something I also have is this in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/25-intel.conf:
Section "Device"
        Identifier "Intel Kludges"
        Option "ReprobeOutputs" "on" # default off
EndSection

This is my gfxcard:
Graphics:  Card: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics Controller bus-ID: 00:02.0
            Display Server: X.org 1.19.2 drivers: (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
            tty size: 180x56 Advanced Data: N/A for root out of X

Note too that I do not have xf86-video-intel installed. That results in Xorg
using its integral modeset(0) driver.

Also I have compositing disabled via /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-extensions.conf:
Section "Extensions"
         Option          "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

My only question is 'why are my Plasma's icons all missing?', which should be
unrelated to the OP.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/