KDE4.9.1 - Bug 306260 - KWin freezes when navigating between windows

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

KDE4.9.1 - Bug 306260 - KWin freezes when navigating between windows

C-29
Just a heads-up.... this bug seems to have slipped into upstream 4.9.1

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=306260

I haven't yet installed or played with 4.9.1.  Has this problem hit
openSUSE's 4.9.1 upcoming builds?

C.
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: KDE4.9.1 - Bug 306260 - KWin freezes when navigating between windows

todd rme
On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 6:32 AM, C <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just a heads-up.... this bug seems to have slipped into upstream 4.9.1
>
> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=306260
>
> I haven't yet installed or played with 4.9.1.  Has this problem hit
> openSUSE's 4.9.1 upcoming builds?
>
> C.

I saw that.  There is nothing much we can do until a patch is
released.  I can disable publishing if people would prefer.

-Todd
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: KDE4.9.1 - Bug 306260 - KWin freezes when navigating between windows

Nico Kruber-2
On Wednesday 05 Sep 2012 07:59:19 todd rme wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 6:32 AM, C <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Just a heads-up.... this bug seems to have slipped into upstream 4.9.1
> >
> > https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=306260
> >
> > I haven't yet installed or played with 4.9.1.  Has this problem hit
> > openSUSE's 4.9.1 upcoming builds?
> >
> > C.
>
> I saw that.  There is nothing much we can do until a patch is
> released.  I can disable publishing if people would prefer.
>
> -Todd

seems that the patch in comment 15 fixes it...

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=306260#c15


Nico
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: KDE4.9.1 - Bug 306260 - KWin freezes when navigating between windows

Sven Burmeister
In reply to this post by todd rme
Am Mittwoch, 5. September 2012, 07:59:19 schrieb todd rme:
> I saw that.  There is nothing much we can do until a patch is
> released.  I can disable publishing if people would prefer.

I do not think that one has to disable publishing because of that. As
something seems to trigger rebuilds of several packages in KR49 it will take
days before the building finished anyway. And after that the patch can be
added.

Sven
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: KDE4.9.1 - Bug 306260 - KWin freezes when navigating between windows

Nico Kruber-2
On Wednesday 05 Sep 2012 13:29:08 Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 5. September 2012, 07:59:19 schrieb todd rme:
> > I saw that.  There is nothing much we can do until a patch is
> > released.  I can disable publishing if people would prefer.
>
> I do not think that one has to disable publishing because of that. As
> something seems to trigger rebuilds of several packages in KR49 it will take
> days before the building finished anyway. And after that the patch can be
> added.

Todd already integrated the fix anyway...
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff?linkrev=base&package=kdebase4-
workspace&project=KDE%3ARelease%3A49&rev=73

so this should be fixed in KR49
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]