KDE updated, no window title bar and borders

KDE updated, no window title bar and borders

Bugzilla from neaorin@gmail.com
I recently updated KDE to version 3.5.4 using zen-updater and now my
windows show no title bar - including minimize, maximize, close buttons
- no borders and I cannot type anything into any of them. I was using
Xgl and compiz but the problem persists after I disable both of them.
The KDE repo I am using is located at this mirror:

ftp://ftp.iasi.roedu.net/mirrors/opensuse.org/repositories/KDE%3A/KDE3/SUSE_Linux_10.1/

I've had no problems in the past with this mirror.
Here are the versions for some of the installed RPM packages:

kdebase3-3.5.4-19.1
kdebase3-session-3.5.4-19.1
kdebase3-kdm-3.5.4-19.1
kdebase3-nsplugin-3.5.4-19.1
kdebase3-SuSE-10.1-58.7
kdebase3-samba-3.5.4-19.1
kdemultimedia3-CD-3.5.4-9.3
kdegraphics3-fax-3.5.4-10.3
kdeaddons3-konqueror-3.5.4-14.3
kdelibs3-3.5.4-24.2
kdegraphics3-scan-3.5.4-10.3
kdegraphics3-postscript-3.5.4-10.3
kdeartwork3-kscreensaver-3.5.4-9.3
kdeutils3-3.5.4-9.3
kdepim3-3.5.4-10.4
kdebluetooth-0.0.svn20060413-17.1
kdebase3-ksysguardd-3.5.4-19.1
kdeutils3-laptop-3.5.4-9.3
kdegames3-3.5.4-5.3
kdenetwork3-vnc-3.5.4-13.2
kdenetwork3-3.5.4-13.2
kdegraphics3-pdf-3.5.4-10.3
kde3-i18n-ro-3.5.4-69.3
kdebindings3-python-3.5.4-2.10
kdeaddons3-kate-3.5.4-14.3
kdeaddons3-kicker-3.5.4-14.3
kdepim3-networkstatus-3.5.4-10.4
kdegraphics3-3.5.4-10.3
kdelibs3-doc-3.5.4-3
kdenetwork3-news-3.5.4-13.2
kdegraphics3-kamera-3.5.4-10.3
kdemultimedia3-3.5.4-9.3
kdeartwork3-xscreensaver-3.5.4-9.3
kdeartwork3-sound-3.5.4-9.3
kdemultimedia3-mixer-3.5.4-9.3
kdepim3-sync-3.5.4-10.4
kdesdk3-3.5.4-8.4
kdepim3-kpilot-3.5.4-10.4

qt3-3.3.6-158.1
gtk-qt-engine-0.7cvs20060209-22.1
qt-4.1.0-29
yast2-qt-2.13.60-0.4

The update 'was successful', acording to zmd, although it did take a
rather long time (maybe 40 mins for 20-something KDE packages, from a
500KB/sec. mirror)
Can someone point me in the right direction with this issue? Thank you.

Please read the FAQs: [hidden email]

Re: KDE updated, no window title bar and borders

Peter Cannon
On Saturday 12 August 2006 11:48, Sorin Peste wrote:

> I recently updated KDE to version 3.5.4 using zen-updater and now my
> windows show no title bar - including minimize, maximize, close buttons
> - no borders and I cannot type anything into any of them. I was using
> Xgl and compiz but the problem persists after I disable both of them.
> The KDE repo I am using is located at this mirror:

I can give you a nasty fix.

Edit your xorg.conf file, remove the xgl under the modules section.

This happened to me the other day under Fedora thats how I fixed mine.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing