K3b disk verify hang

Hans de Faber-2
hi folks,
Does anybody know a solution for the following problem

K3b hang siuation:
After writing a cd the cddrawer opens and closes.
After the close of the drawer i get the KDE Deamonwindow that asks me what to
do with the "Mounted CD writer".
My answer is "Do nothing" and pressing OK.
Then K3b hangs and cannot verify the cd.
I have to kill the K3b process.

Thanks, Hans

Re: K3b disk verify hang

jdd sur free
Hans defaber a écrit :

> hi folks,
> Does anybody know a solution for the following problem
>
> K3b hang siuation:
> After writing a cd the cddrawer opens and closes.
> After the close of the drawer i get the KDE Deamonwindow that asks me
> what to do with the "Mounted CD writer".
> My answer is "Do nothing" and pressing OK.
> Then K3b hangs and cannot verify the cd.
> I have to kill the K3b process.

try simply  not to answer ?

you can also stop using the kde tray, probably an option somewhere (I
don't know where)

jdd

--
Jean-Daniel Dodin
Président du CULTe

Re: K3b disk verify hang

Ed McCanless
jdd sur free wrote:

> Hans defaber a écrit :
>> hi folks,
>> Does anybody know a solution for the following problem
>>
>> K3b hang siuation:
>> After writing a cd the cddrawer opens and closes.
>> After the close of the drawer i get the KDE Deamonwindow that asks me
>> what to do with the "Mounted CD writer".
>> My answer is "Do nothing" and pressing OK.
>> Then K3b hangs and cannot verify the cd.
>> I have to kill the K3b process.
>
> try simply  not to answer ?
>
> you can also stop using the kde tray, probably an option somewhere (I
> don't know where)
>
> jdd

Try going to settings > Advanced, and, under "miscellaneuos," check "do
not eject medium after write process."

                               -ED-

Re: K3b disk verify hang

jdd sur free
Ed McCanless a écrit :

> Try going to settings>  Advanced, and, under "miscellaneuos," check "do
> not eject medium after write process."

for me this don't work (the dvd is ejected anyway)

jdd

--
Jean-Daniel Dodin
Président du CULTe

Re: K3b disk verify hang

Hans de Faber-2
jdd sur free schreef:

> Ed McCanless a écrit :
>
>> Try going to settings>  Advanced, and, under "miscellaneuos," check "do
>> not eject medium after write process."
>
> for me this don't work (the dvd is ejected anyway)
>
> jdd

Thanks for thinking about mij problem.
As far as I know the only solution is simple, hitting the "cancel" button.
Merci bien, Hans