It is not possible to register an account.

It is not possible to register an account.

Eugene Goleshev
Hello,

I've got a question. After installation ("Option 1: Only use the
webui") I tried to register an account but I got something like
http://db.tt/dIGOf7io (...XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org
(unknown)) and nothing else. What does it mean in that context?

Thanks.

Re: It is not possible to register an account.

Graham Anderson
On Sunday 06 May 2012 01:15:04 Eugene Goleshev wrote:
> I've got a question. After installation ("Option 1: Only use the
> webui") I tried to register an account but I got something like
> http://db.tt/dIGOf7io (...XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org
> (unknown)) and nothing else. What does it mean in that context?

That looks like an interface/ui bug, a DOCTYPE declaration typically tells the
browser which rendering quirks to use and is of no practical use to the user.
The red border area you see is usually a flashmessage area for user
notifications, it's unusual to see that string presented as an error.

If you can say which version of OBS you have installed and via which medium
then one of the OBS devs may be able to help you.

Could I also please ask you not to use URL shortener/redirecter style URLS if
posting to the list, it made me somewhat uneasy to follow the link and I'm
sure some others felt the same way. Since email lists can be verbose anyway, I
don't think anyone would mind if you posted the long URL.

Cheers the noo,
Graham

06.05.2012 01:43, Graham Anderson wrote:

> On Sunday 06 May 2012 01:15:04 Eugene Goleshev wrote:
>> I've got a question. After installation ("Option 1: Only use the
>> webui") I tried to register an account but I got something like
>> http://db.tt/dIGOf7io (...XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org
>> (unknown)) and nothing else. What does it mean in that context?
>
> That looks like an interface/ui bug, a DOCTYPE declaration typically tells the
> browser which rendering quirks to use and is of no practical use to the user.
> The red border area you see is usually a flashmessage area for user
> notifications, it's unusual to see that string presented as an error.
>
> If you can say which version of OBS you have installed and via which medium
> then one of the OBS devs may be able to help you.

I've taken the source code from GitHub
(https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service.git), because if I'm not
mistaken, there are no other options to get it. OBS version must be 2.3.

> Could I also please ask you not to use URL shortener/redirecter style URLS if
> posting to the list, it made me somewhat uneasy to follow the link and I'm
> sure some others felt the same way. Since email lists can be verbose anyway, I
> don't think anyone would mind if you posted the long URL.

I'm sorry. It will not happen again.

On Sunday 06 May 2012 02:19:02 Eugene K. Goleshev wrote:
> I've taken the source code from GitHub
> (https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service.git), because if I'm not
> mistaken, there are no other options to get it. OBS version must be 2.3.

I don't want to speak for the OBS developers but I would imagine you can get a
working 2.3.x version image from the OBS home page:

    http://www.open-build-service.org/download/

I think you might have inadvertantly built a development version from the main
dev git tree. I have personally had great success using the raw images and
writing those to my desired VM volumes. After the image writing, you can
continue to update your OBS server and workers from the pre-configured
repositories using the standard zypper and/or yast cli tools.

If you need to install OBS 2.3.x without using an image, then I'm not the man
to ask and I'll defer to the advice I'm sure the OBS devs can offer you.

> > Could I also please ask you not to use URL shortener/redirecter style URLS
> > if posting to the list, it made me somewhat uneasy to follow the link and
> > I'm sure some others felt the same way. Since email lists can be verbose
> > anyway, I don't think anyone would mind if you posted the long URL.
>
> I'm sorry. It will not happen again.

Oh it's no problem, it's just more likely someone will follow your link if
it's not obfuscated, and there's no limit on text string size of any form on
the mailing list. If you have a script that does short url replacement its not
really a problem. I was more commenting on human nature being suspicious of
short url type links on a mailing list.

Cheers the noo,
Graham

06.05.2012 03:16, Graham Anderson wrote:

> On Sunday 06 May 2012 02:19:02 Eugene K. Goleshev wrote:
>> I've taken the source code from GitHub
>> (https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service.git), because if I'm not
>> mistaken, there are no other options to get it. OBS version must be 2.3.
>
> I don't want to speak for the OBS developers but I would imagine you can get a
> working 2.3.x version image from the OBS home page:
>
>      http://www.open-build-service.org/download/
>
> I think you might have inadvertantly built a development version from the main
> dev git tree. I have personally had great success using the raw images and
> writing those to my desired VM volumes. After the image writing, you can
> continue to update your OBS server and workers from the pre-configured
> repositories using the standard zypper and/or yast cli tools.
>
> If you need to install OBS 2.3.x without using an image, then I'm not the man
> to ask and I'll defer to the advice I'm sure the OBS devs can offer you.

You are absolutely right. For some reason I thought if I clone the repo
I will get stable version of OBS (2.3). Thus, I used developing version.
Thank you for your answers.

Re: It is not possible to register an account.

Srinidhi B
>>> On 5/6/2012 at 02:45 AM, Eugene Goleshev <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a question. After installation ("Option 1: Only use the
> webui") I tried to register an account but I got something like
> http://db.tt/dIGOf7io (...XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org
> (unknown)) and nothing else. What does it mean in that context?

Have you also configured (and running) an api? If you look at the API logs you might get a better clue. Also, have you enabled "new_user_registration" in your api/config/options.yml file?

HTH,
Srinidhi.

On 07.05.2012 01:01, Srinidhi B wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've got a question. After installation ("Option 1: Only use the
>> webui") I tried to register an account but I got something like
>> http://db.tt/dIGOf7io (...XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org
>> (unknown)) and nothing else. What does it mean in that context?
>
> Have you also configured (and running) an api?

No, I haven't. Truth be told, I didn't have enough stimulus to begin the
second step ("Setup a complete Open Build Service") because I didn't get
expected result from the first one (it doesn't matter all that much what
exactly version I use: I have the same problem described above with
stable and developing versions). Anyway, I'm going to do that as soon as
possible.

> Also, have you enabled "new_user_registration" in your api/config/options.yml file?

Yes, I have. But it didn't help in this case.