Quantcast

Is openSUSE 12.2 on track on removing /boot for BTRFS?

Is openSUSE 12.2 on track on removing /boot for BTRFS?

Roman Bysh
Hello all,

Will openSUSE 12.2 no longer require a/boot partition when choosing btrfs?

Cheers!

Roman

Re: Is openSUSE 12.2 on track on removing /boot for BTRFS?

Michael Chang
On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 12:39:23PM -0400, Roman Bysh wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Will openSUSE 12.2 no longer require a/boot partition when choosing btrfs?

In future, maybe. Grub2 seems to be able to boot btrfs directly.
A single partiton scheme is good for btrfs snapshot to work properly.

However this need more testing to know grub2 does good to support
btrfs.

Regards,
Michael

On Fri 04 May 2012 03:25:58 AM EDT, Michael Chang wrote:

> On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 12:39:23PM -0400, Roman Bysh wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Will openSUSE 12.2 no longer require a/boot partition when choosing btrfs?
>
> In future, maybe. Grub2 seems to be able to boot btrfs directly.
> A single partiton scheme is good for btrfs snapshot to work properly.
>
> However this need more testing to know grub2 does good to support
> btrfs.
>
> Regards,
> Michael
>

>> Cheers!
>>
>> Roman
>> To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

So there's a better chance that we may see this in the next two
versions?
I know there was a lot of talk about this last year.

The reason I'm asking is that it's for the forum.

--
Cheers!

Roman