Installing extra text files into doc directory fails

Installing extra text files into doc directory fails

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
Hi!

I have a quick question regarding extra documentation files.

The upstream tarball of python-msrestazure is missing a separate
LICENSE file. I just downloaded the one from the github repository
and added it with "Source1: LICENSE.md" in the spec file.

However, adding it to the %doc section doesn't work, during package
build, the file isn't found because it apparently needs to be copied
into the source root first.

Is there any common way to place additional text files into %doc?

Adrian

Re: Installing extra text files into doc directory fails

Martin Pluskal-2
On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 13:22 +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a quick question regarding extra documentation files.
>
> The upstream tarball of python-msrestazure is missing a separate
> LICENSE file. I just downloaded the one from the github repository
> and added it with "Source1: LICENSE.md" in the spec file.
>
> However, adding it to the %doc section doesn't work, during package
> build, the file isn't found because it apparently needs to be copied
> into the source root first.
>
> Is there any common way to place additional text files into %doc?
>
> Adrian
Not common way but you have to work around it by install/cp of source
in setup or install phase (see i.e [1]).

Cheers

Martin

1. https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/devel:languages:python/python-jaraco.util/python-jaraco.util.spec?expand=1

Re: Installing extra text files into doc directory fails

Bruno Friedmann-2
On mercredi, 31 janvier 2018 14.06:03 h CET [hidden email] wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 13:22 +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have a quick question regarding extra documentation files.
> >
> > The upstream tarball of python-msrestazure is missing a separate
> > LICENSE file. I just downloaded the one from the github repository
> > and added it with "Source1: LICENSE.md" in the spec file.
> >
> > However, adding it to the %doc section doesn't work, during package
> > build, the file isn't found because it apparently needs to be copied
> > into the source root first.
> >
> > Is there any common way to place additional text files into %doc?
> >
> > Adrian
>
> Not common way but you have to work around it by install/cp of source
> in setup or install phase (see i.e [1]).
>
> Cheers
>
> Martin
>
> 1.
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/devel:languages:python/python-> jaraco.util/python-jaraco.util.spec?expand=1

Also open an issue upstream, so the license file will be included next release
(they also need it normally for publishing on pypi)

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch