Hunting annoying relics from times long gone by: DOS linebreaks

Hunting annoying relics from times long gone by: DOS linebreaks

Jana Jaeger
Hi fellow-LfLers,

just started working on some LfL stuff again (three cheers for the folks
who made SLE 10 SP1 finally disappear from our plates) and got pretty
annoyed by ^M marks all over the files.

It doesn't break files, but visually pollutes them and makes editing XML
even less fun than it already is ;)

So can we please agree to use editing tools that don't add DOS linebreaks
or to run tr -d '\15' < file > clean_file to clean up the files before
checking them in?

jedit would be a good choice for editors working on any
platform, because it can be easily configured to use linebreaks other than
DOS.

Thanks a million!
Jana
--
Jana Jaeger               [hidden email]
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH  Documentation