How upstream version gets checked

Dinar Valeev
Hi,
I have following Factory reminder:
http://s.kulow.org/fs-k0da

All versions in the Facotry seems to be latest upstream versions.
How to fix that?

Thanks,
Dinar

Re: How upstream version gets checked

Vincent Untz-5
Le mardi 06 mars 2012, à 21:37 +0100, Dinar Valeev a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have following Factory reminder:
> http://s.kulow.org/fs-k0da
>
> All versions in the Facotry seems to be latest upstream versions.
> How to fix that?

See http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2011-09/msg00874.html :-)

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.

Re: How upstream version gets checked

Dinar Valeev-2
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Vincent Untz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Le mardi 06 mars 2012, à 21:37 +0100, Dinar Valeev a écrit :
>> Hi,
>> I have following Factory reminder:
>> http://s.kulow.org/fs-k0da
>>
>> All versions in the Facotry seems to be latest upstream versions.
>> How to fix that?
>
> See http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2011-09/msg00874.html :-)
Thanks for the info.
Please find the patch attached.

> Cheers,
>
> Vincent
>
> --
> Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.

0001-add-ppc-related-packages.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: How upstream version gets checked

Ammler
>> See http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2011-09/msg00874.html :-)

Shouldn't it be possible to define that per package on obs directly?

Le mercredi 07 mars 2012, à 16:34 +0100, Dinar Valeev a écrit :

> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Vincent Untz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Le mardi 06 mars 2012, à 21:37 +0100, Dinar Valeev a écrit :
> >> Hi,
> >> I have following Factory reminder:
> >> http://s.kulow.org/fs-k0da
> >>
> >> All versions in the Facotry seems to be latest upstream versions.
> >> How to fix that?
> >
> > See http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2011-09/msg00874.html :-)
> Thanks for the info.
> Please find the patch attached.

Thanks, upstream data will be there on next run.

Vincent

Le mercredi 07 mars 2012, à 17:26 +0100, Ammler a écrit :
> >> See http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2011-09/msg00874.html :-)
>
> Shouldn't it be possible to define that per package on obs directly?

The initial idea was to have a service provide upstream information, and
then anything could fetch that information. So OBS would have been able
to query the service based on some per-package definition contained in
OBS, and other services from other distros too.

So there's no incompatibilities with what you suggest, but I never had
time to fully implement what I had in mind [1].

Vincent

[1] There's a GSoC project idea, if anyone is interested in working on
    this: http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:GSOC_2012_Ideas#Upstream.2Fdownstream_tracker

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.