How to use multibuild

Frank Kunz
I try to add a new board to openSUSE:Factory:ARM. I did this already in
the past and for doing that I had to modify the JeOS package and add
links to it with JeOS-<boardname>. Those links are no more in
openSUSE:Factory:ARM, instead of this the JeOS package contains now a
"_multibuild" file, which is generated by the pre_checkin.sh script. I
added my board to pre_checkin.sh. But how to trigger now the build of my
new added board image instead of the native JeOS image?

In the past I just called "osc build factory armv7l" in the
JeOS-<boardname> linked package to build it local, and I committed it to
my work project to build it in obs.

osc --version
0.155.0

Br,
Frank

Re: How to use multibuild

Adrian Schröter
On Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2016, 15:53:37 CET wrote Frank Kunz:

> I try to add a new board to openSUSE:Factory:ARM. I did this already in
> the past and for doing that I had to modify the JeOS package and add
> links to it with JeOS-<boardname>. Those links are no more in
> openSUSE:Factory:ARM, instead of this the JeOS package contains now a
> "_multibuild" file, which is generated by the pre_checkin.sh script. I
> added my board to pre_checkin.sh. But how to trigger now the build of my
> new added board image instead of the native JeOS image?
>
> In the past I just called "osc build factory armv7l" in the
> JeOS-<boardname> linked package to build it local, and I committed it to
> my work project to build it in obs.

Right now, you need to edit the _multibuild file, you need to add your new format.

Yes, we need some mechanic for this particular usecase to build only one of
them, without to touch the sources (multibuild is still a new and unfinished
feature of OBS).

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany

Re: How to use multibuild

Normand

On 19/12/2016 08:12, Adrian Schröter wrote:

> On Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2016, 15:53:37 CET wrote Frank Kunz:
>> I try to add a new board to openSUSE:Factory:ARM. I did this already in
>> the past and for doing that I had to modify the JeOS package and add
>> links to it with JeOS-<boardname>. Those links are no more in
>> openSUSE:Factory:ARM, instead of this the JeOS package contains now a
>> "_multibuild" file, which is generated by the pre_checkin.sh script. I
>> added my board to pre_checkin.sh. But how to trigger now the build of my
>> new added board image instead of the native JeOS image?
>>
>> In the past I just called "osc build factory armv7l" in the
>> JeOS-<boardname> linked package to build it local, and I committed it to
>> my work project to build it in obs.
>
> Right now, you need to edit the _multibuild file, you need to add your new format.
>
> Yes, we need some mechanic for this particular usecase to build only one of
> them, without to touch the sources (multibuild is still a new and unfinished
> feature of OBS).

Hello Adrian,

same question after few months
Is there now a way to do a local build, without editing the spec file ?
(there is no information about multilib in osc man page)
osc --version => 0.160

--
Michel Normand

Re: How to use multibuild

Adrian Schröter
On Donnerstag, 9. November 2017, 14:42:23 CET wrote Normand:

> On 19/12/2016 08:12, Adrian Schröter wrote:
> > On Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2016, 15:53:37 CET wrote Frank Kunz:
> >> I try to add a new board to openSUSE:Factory:ARM. I did this already in
> >> the past and for doing that I had to modify the JeOS package and add
> >> links to it with JeOS-<boardname>. Those links are no more in
> >> openSUSE:Factory:ARM, instead of this the JeOS package contains now a
> >> "_multibuild" file, which is generated by the pre_checkin.sh script. I
> >> added my board to pre_checkin.sh. But how to trigger now the build of my
> >> new added board image instead of the native JeOS image?
> >>
> >> In the past I just called "osc build factory armv7l" in the
> >> JeOS-<boardname> linked package to build it local, and I committed it to
> >> my work project to build it in obs.
> >
> > Right now, you need to edit the _multibuild file, you need to add your new format.
> >
> > Yes, we need some mechanic for this particular usecase to build only one of
> > them, without to touch the sources (multibuild is still a new and unfinished
> > feature of OBS).
> >

> Hello Adrian,
>
> same question after few months
> Is there now a way to do a local build, without editing the spec file ?
> (there is no information about multilib in osc man page)
> osc --version => 0.160

osc build -M JeOS-<boardname>

is not a solution?

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany

Re: How to use multibuild

Normand

On 09/11/2017 14:51, Adrian Schröter wrote:

> On Donnerstag, 9. November 2017, 14:42:23 CET wrote Normand:

>>> Right now, you need to edit the _multibuild file, you need to add your new format.
>>>
>>> Yes, we need some mechanic for this particular usecase to build only one of
>>> them, without to touch the sources (multibuild is still a new and unfinished
>>> feature of OBS).
>>>

>> Hello Adrian,
>>
>> same question after few months
>> Is there now a way to do a local build, without editing the spec file ?
>> (there is no information about multilib in osc man page)
>> osc --version => 0.160
>
> osc build -M JeOS-<boardname>
>
> is not a solution?

Indeed it is !
Sorry for the noise
I was looking for the man page not the osc help build output to search
for information.
Thank-you

--
Michel Normand

Re: How to use multibuild

Adrian Schröter
On Donnerstag, 9. November 2017, 17:30:55 CET wrote Normand:

> On 09/11/2017 14:51, Adrian Schröter wrote:

> >> Hello Adrian,
> >>
> >> same question after few months
> >> Is there now a way to do a local build, without editing the spec file ?
> >> (there is no information about multilib in osc man page)
> >> osc --version => 0.160
> >
> > osc build -M JeOS-<boardname>
> >
> > is not a solution?
> >

> Indeed it is !
> Sorry for the noise
> I was looking for the man page not the osc help build output to search
> for information.

The man page is auto.generated from the help ;)

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: [hidden email]

Maxfeldstraße 5