How to revert the new Freetype 2.7 subpixel rendering mode?

How to revert the new Freetype 2.7 subpixel rendering mode?

jcsl
Hi.

The fonts look now fat and slightly blurry and I like fonts sharp. To my eyes
everything looks practically bold after the change. How can I get back to the
previous rendering mode? Do I have to branch the package or can it be done
with the FREETYPE_PROPERTIES environment variable? If it can be done with the
environment variable, could someone provide the options that revert the
change, please? I used hinting complete with no subpixel rendering or system's
defaults subpixel rendering IIRC. Something like the following line doesn't
seems to make any difference:

        FREETYPE_PROPERTIES=truetype:interpreter-version=35 dolphin

I've been playing a bit with the YaST fonts module and the settings in
systemsettings but I have been unable to get the previous look.

Greetings.

Re: How to revert the new Freetype 2.7 subpixel rendering mode?

Kyrill Detinov

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 10:59:42 +0200 jcsl wrote:

> The fonts look now fat and slightly blurry and I like fonts sharp. To
> my eyes everything looks practically bold after the change. How can I
> get back to the previous rendering mode?

I am interested in this question too.

--
WBR
  Kyrill