How to create translation package ?

Martin Koller
Hi,

I'd like to ensure to also create a liquidshell-lang package including the translation
which is managed by the KDE translation team and can be found at
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/de/messages/extragear-base/

However I have no idea what is needed in the spec file for this.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:martinkoller/liquidshell/liquidshell.spec?expand=1

I found another project similar to mine
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:wolfi323:KDE:Extra/mangonel/mangonel.spec?expand=1
however just adding the bits they have for lang related stuff does not do the trick.

Any hints appreciated!

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Frühstück, Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at

Re: How to create translation package ?

Christophe Giboudeaux-2
Hi,

On lundi 4 mai 2020 12:15:38 CEST Martin Koller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to ensure to also create a liquidshell-lang package including the
> translation which is managed by the KDE translation team and can be found
> at
> https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/de/messages/extragear-base/
>
> However I have no idea what is needed in the spec file for this.
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:martinkoller/liquidshell/l
> iquidshell.spec?expand=1
>
> I found another project similar to mine
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:wolfi323:KDE:Extra/mangone
> l/mangonel.spec?expand=1 however just adding the bits they have for lang
> related stuff does not do the trick.
>
> Any hints appreciated!

Both spec files contain everything you need.
The liquidshell 1.6 tarball doesn't contain any translation however.
That's why nothing happens.

Read https://community.kde.org/ReleasingSoftware

Re: How to create translation package ?

Wolfgang Bauer
Am Montag, 4. Mai 2020, 12:15:38 schrieb Martin Koller:
> I found another project similar to mine
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:wolfi323:KDE:Extra/mangone
> l/mangonel.spec?expand=1 however just adding the bits they have for lang
> related stuff does not do the trick.

First you need to actually install the translation files.

Ideally they would be part of the source tarball and installed by the standard
"make install".
For KDE releases, this stuff is usually added automatically by the releaseme
script AFAIK (but I never used that myself).

Then %find_lang should pick them up, and put into a -lang package via
something like "%files lang -f %{name}.lang".
Although, it would in principle also be possible to just add the files to the
%files list without any other changes in the spec file.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang