Quantcast

How to confirm in bulk the unchanged translation status?

How to confirm in bulk the unchanged translation status?

Freek de Kruijf
In the yast_timezone module I have a lot of names of countries that do not
need to be changed. I could not find in Weblate a method to confirm that the
remaining 320 names do not need to be changed.
I tried downloading it as a po file, but there is no indication that the name
does not need to be changed.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf

Re: How to confirm in bulk the unchanged translation status?

Op zondag 18 september 2016 19:58:04 schreef Carlos E. R.:

> On 2016-09-18 16:31, Freek de Kruijf wrote:
> > In the yast_timezone module I have a lot of names of countries that
> > do not need to be changed. I could not find in Weblate a method to
> > confirm that the remaining 320 names do not need to be changed. I
> > tried downloading it as a po file, but there is no indication that
> > the name does not need to be changed.
>
> In a .po file you need something in the translated string. If it is
> not going to be translated, then copy the English string. And it must
> not be marked fuzzy.
>
> If you leave the translated string empty, the program when it runs
> will use the English string, but the file will count as not translated.
>
> That as far as po files go, I only assume that weblate follows the
> standard.

I downloaded the po file from weblate and all is translated. Elements where
the translation is the same as the English text are present. So the po file
does not show any untranslated element. However weblate flags these as
translated the same as the English text. It is only a warning, but in weblate
you can flag this as OK, which is apparently not carried over in the po file.
So in weblate you can remove this flag. For cosmetic reasons I try to get rid
of the flags, so all the counts are 0.

Op maandag 19 september 2016 00:55:41 schreef Carlos E. R.:

> However. .po editors can tell you of possible errors or warnings. For
> instance, kbabel did so and produced a list of those strings where it
> thought that there were English strings in the translated materials
> (and others errors), and you could navigate the file doing something
> or not about those possible errors. But what one did decide was not
> recorded in the file, just the final edit. So the next run you still
> found the same list of "English" warnings.
>
> kbabel is the po editor that does more checking, but was abandoned.
> Its successor, lokalize, does about no checking at all. And it doesn't
> seem they intend to add more features, in that respect at least.

I know this. I was using kbabel before lokalize came about.

> So weblate does something similar. You may have to mark all those
> strings are Ok, manually. I don't know.

I have a file with 230 equals, so doing this manually is hours work. I was
looking for a faster route. So I leave it this way unless someone comes with a
faster way.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf

Re: How to confirm in bulk the unchanged translation status?

Carlos E. R.-2
On 2016-09-19 11:17, Freek de Kruijf wrote:

> I have a file with 230 equals, so doing this manually is hours work. I was
> looking for a faster route. So I leave it this way unless someone comes with a
> faster way.

Yes, I understand.

                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Re: How to confirm in bulk the unchanged translation status?

Stanislav Brabec-2
Freek de Kruijf wrote:

> I have a file with 230 equals, so doing this manually is hours work. I was
> looking for a faster route. So I leave it this way unless someone comes with a
> faster way.

I will consult it with my colleague. Weblate admin can use Django Shell
that is capable to do virtually everything.

If we write a script that will reset unchanged warning for the whole po
file at once, we can run it on your request.

For now, please ignore these warnings. It makes no sense to review them
manually, especially if people did it in past in the LCN.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer

Op maandag 19 september 2016 17:52:20 CEST schreef Stanislav Brabec:

> Freek de Kruijf wrote:
> > I have a file with 230 equals, so doing this manually is hours work. I was
> > looking for a faster route. So I leave it this way unless someone comes
> > with a faster way.
>
> I will consult it with my colleague. Weblate admin can use Django Shell
> that is capable to do virtually everything.
>
> If we write a script that will reset unchanged warning for the whole po
> file at once, we can run it on your request.
>
> For now, please ignore these warnings. It makes no sense to review them
> manually, especially if people did it in past in the LCN.

Thanks for the answer.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE