How does obs rpmlint detect illegal binary in noarch packages

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How does obs rpmlint detect illegal binary in noarch packages

Dave Plater lst
Hi, I just split off 3d symbols from kicad-library into a sub package.
After this rpmlint picks up
"arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object"
Nothing changed in the package just the directory containing the 3d
symbols moved to the sub package. I moved it because it is very large
and optional.
I've created an rpmlintrc but I wonder why rpmlint never picked up what
it thought was an executable binary before. The files start with #! but
scripts aren't arch dependent. I can vaguely remember having a problem
similar to this years ago with data files in rosegarden which had
shebangs but AFAIR I filed a bug and it was fixed.
Thanks
Dave P
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How does obs rpmlint detect illegal binary in noarch packages

Dave Plater lst


On 05/09/2017 15:01, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> On Tuesday 2017-09-05 13:47, Dave Plater wrote:
>
>> Hi, I just split off 3d symbols from kicad-library into a sub package. After
>> this rpmlint picks up
>> "arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object"
>> Nothing changed in the package just the directory containing the 3d symbols
>> moved to the sub package. I moved it because it is very large and optional.
>> I've created an rpmlintrc but I wonder why rpmlint never picked up what it
>> thought was an executable binary before. The files start with #! but scripts
>> aren't arch dependent. I can vaguely remember having a problem similar to this
>> years ago with data files in rosegarden which had shebangs but AFAIR I filed a
>> bug and it was fixed.
>
> Seems like a bug in rpmlint. All the reported files are symlinks
> to data.
>
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors.3dshapes/self_cms_we-pd3.wings:          data
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors.3dshapes/SELF-WE-TPC_M.wings:            data
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors_SMD.3dshapes/L_self_cms_we-pd3.wrl:      ISO/IEC 14772 VRML 9
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors_SMD.3dshapes/L_SELF-WE-PD-XXL.wrl:       ISO/IEC 14772 VRML 9
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors.3dshapes/SELF-WE-TPC_M.wrl:              ISO/IEC 14772 VRML 9
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors_SMD.3dshapes/L_SELF-WE-TPC_M.wings:      data
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors.3dshapes/self_cms_we-pd3.wrl:            ISO/IEC 14772 VRML 9
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors_SMD.3dshapes/L_self_cms_we-tpc_XL.wrl:   ISO/IEC 14772 VRML 9
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors_SMD.3dshapes/L_self_cms_we-pd3.wings:    data
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors.3dshapes/self_cms_we-tpc_XL.wrl:         ISO/IEC 14772 VRML 9
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors_SMD.3dshapes/L_SELF-WE-TPC_M.wrl:        ISO/IEC 14772 VRML 9
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors.3dshapes/self_cms_we-tpc_XL.wings:       data
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors_SMD.3dshapes/L_self_cms_we-tpc_XL.wings: data
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors_SMD.3dshapes/L_SELF-WE-PD3S.wrl:         ISO/IEC 14772 VRML 9
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors_SMD.3dshapes/L_SELF-WE-PD-XXL.wings:     data
> usr/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Inductors_SMD.3dshapes/L_SELF-WE-PD3S.wings:       data
I've filed a bug boo#1057216 but you've hit the nail on the head, I
changed %fdupes to generate sym links as well as the sub package split
because when I copied from /usr/shar/kicad to ~/kicad (To enable editing
of files) mc refused to copy the hardlinks.
Factory auto just rejected the setBadness in the kicad-library-rpmlintrc
file anyway. Meanwhile I've reverted to hardlinks again.
Dave P

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [hidden email]