How do I install src packages?

Carlos Xavier
Hi.

We need to install the source package of mariadb to recompile it adding some
options on it.
I have added the source repository with Yast and downloaded the source file,
the I try to use zipper to install it this is what I get.

----
 buildhost:~ # zypper si mariadb-10.0.30-21.1.src.rpm
Reading installed packages...
Source package 'mariadb-10.0.30-21.1.src.rpm' not found.
Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.
----

Am I missing something?

Regards,
Carlos

Re: How do I install src packages?

Anton Aylward-2
On 08/01/18 09:51 AM, Carlos Xavier wrote:

> Hi.
>
> We need to install the source package of mariadb to recompile it adding some
> options on it.
> I have added the source repository with Yast and downloaded the source file,
> the I try to use zipper to install it this is what I get.

> ----
>  buildhost:~ # zypper si mariadb-10.0.30-21.1.src.rpm
> Reading installed packages...
> Source package 'mariadb-10.0.30-21.1.src.rpm' not found.
> Resolving package dependencies...
>
> Nothing to do.
> ----
>
> Am I missing something?

RTFM for 'package type'.

As in
        zypper install -t srcpackage .....

I get

# zypper install -D -t srcpackage mariadb
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following source package is going to be installed:
  mariadb

1 source package to install.
Overall download size: 55.3 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation,
additional 60.7 MiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/...? shows all options] (y):

--
         A: Yes.
     >   Q: Are you sure?
     >>  A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
     >>> Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Re: How do I install src packages?

Dave Howorth-3
On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 10:45:39 -0500
Anton Aylward <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 08/01/18 09:51 AM, Carlos Xavier wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > We need to install the source package of mariadb to recompile it
> > adding some options on it.
> > I have added the source repository with Yast and downloaded the
> > source file, the I try to use zipper to install it this is what I
> > get.

> > ----
> >  buildhost:~ # zypper si mariadb-10.0.30-21.1.src.rpm
> > Reading installed packages...
> > Source package 'mariadb-10.0.30-21.1.src.rpm' not found.
> > Resolving package dependencies...
> >
> > Nothing to do.
> > ----
> >
> > Am I missing something?

It seems that you should just use the name 'mariadb' and let zypper
find the appropriate source RPM, as Anton did in his alternative syntax
below. I don't think there's anything wrong with your si command,
though do note that -D means something different to what it does for
the install and other commands.

> RTFM for 'package type'.
>
> As in
> zypper install -t srcpackage .....
>
> I get
>
> # zypper install -D -t srcpackage mariadb
> Reading installed packages...
> Resolving package dependencies...
>
> The following source package is going to be installed:
>   mariadb
>
> 1 source package to install.
> Overall download size: 55.3 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the
> operation, additional 60.7 MiB will be used.
> Continue? [y/n/...? shows all options] (y):

RES: [opensuse] How do I install src packages?

Carlos Xavier
Hi.
It worked :-)

Thank you all and I am sorry for bothering you.
What I have done was just what is stated on the OpenSuse documentation @
https://en.opensuse.org/Source_code
You can install the source code for a package in your system with:

zypper si <packagename>

Note that you need to add first the source repository.

Carlos.

Enviada em: segunda-feira, 8 de janeiro de 2018 14:11
Para: [hidden email]
Assunto: Re: [opensuse] How do I install src packages?