How can I make a documentation package?

Marguerite Su
Hi,

as the title says, how can I package the translation version into a package?

Chinese team have zh_CN startup guide translated in po formats.

I want to make a html/pdf/.. version so it can be installed via zypper.

Any quick through ?

Thanks

Marugerite

Re: How can I make a documentation package?

Yasuhiko Kamata
Hello,

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 21:36:00 +0800
Marguerite Su <[hidden email]> wrote:

> as the title says, how can I package the translation version into a
> package?
>
> Chinese team have zh_CN startup guide translated in po formats.
>
> I want to make a html/pdf/.. version so it can be installed via
> zypper.
>
> Any quick through ?

Have you already check the generated htmls/pdfs (for example, whether
htmls/pdfs can be viewed correctly in browser etc.) ?

If so, what you need to do it is as follows:
* create a openSUSE build service package "opensuse-manuals_zh_CN"
  in your home repository.

* check build errors and generated rpms.

* submit this package to "Documentation" and "openSUSE:Factory" project.
  (for maintenance reason, I think packages should not be submitted
   from your home repo to "openSUSE:Factory" directly; you can submit
   from "Documentation" to "openSUSE:Factory" instead.)

Yasuhiko Kamata
E-mail: [hidden email]

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 8:00 AM, Yasuhiko Kamata <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have you already check the generated htmls/pdfs (for example, whether
> htmls/pdfs can be viewed correctly in browser etc.) ?
>
> If so, what you need to do it is as follows:
> * create a openSUSE build service package "opensuse-manuals_zh_CN"
>   in your home repository.
>
> * check build errors and generated rpms.
>
> * submit this package to "Documentation" and "openSUSE:Factory" project.
>   (for maintenance reason, I think packages should not be submitted
>    from your home repo to "openSUSE:Factory" directly; you can submit
>    from "Documentation" to "openSUSE:Factory" instead.)
>
> Thanks,

Hi, Yasuhiko,

Thanks,

I do a search and find your post a long time ago.

It's helpful.

Marguerite

Re: How can I make a documentation package?

Karl Eichwalder
Yasuhiko Kamata <[hidden email]> writes:

> If so, what you need to do it is as follows:
> * create a openSUSE build service package "opensuse-manuals_zh_CN"
>   in your home repository.

Yes, that's the prefered way.

Please try to us the daps2bs script that come with the susedoc-buildbook
package.  Together with Frank, I recently re-worked it, but packaging
other languages than English is mostly untested.

I'd appreciate feedback!

--
Karl Eichwalder                              SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
R&D / Documentation                          Maxfeldstraße 5