Help the Project. Spread openSUSE DVDs!

Henne Vogelsang-2
One of the easiest things to do to contribute to the free and open
source movement and the openSUSE Project is to exercise your second free
software freedom: The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help
your neighbor.

To be able to do this comfortably the openSUSE Project, with the help of
its sponsors, produces special promotional DVDs that contain live
versions of both the KDE and GNOME desktops to try and which can also be
used to install the a complete system. Those DVDs are perfect for
introducing people to Linux and openSUSE. The openSUSE version included,
11.3, has all the qualities a newcomer wants. It’s a mature
multi-purpose Linux operating system widespread among the free and open
source software community for great user to user support. It comes with
more with than 1,000 open source desktop applications, a full suite of
server software and a rich selection of open source development tools.

So today the openSUSE Project would like to encourage you make use of
your second free software freedom and help us to spread promo DVDs! It’s
easy, think about where you could have the chance to spread them, then
order them from us and do it. How about you putting them out in your
local community centre, you give some to the computer science teacher of
your daughter’s school or how about the guys that operate your
university’s support desk? The clubhouse of your football club? The next
concert or other event you attend or maybe on the toilet in your
cousin’s bar? The internet café around the corner for sure! The
possibilities are endless. If you think you know a place where people
pick them up and try them, go for it! Helping us is as simple as
ordering DVDs from us and going out to talk to the venues if you can
leave a couple of them. You would be surprised how many people find a
nice, shiny, green openSUSE DVD interesting enough to finally try this
Linux thing they heard about so much on the internet.

So if you can think of anything just contact us about the amount you
need and where we need to send them. For this just send an email to

[hidden email]

Don’t be shy about the amount, we don’t need to scrimp on them! If you
think you can get spread 500 we’ll send you 500. Every DVD that is out
there, is out there and might result in a new free and open source
software and openSUSE user. This is the perfect opportunity to do
something good for free and open source software and the openSUSE
project, take it!

The openSUSE Project

Re: Help the Project. Spread openSUSE DVDs!

Chuck Payne-2
On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Henne Vogelsang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> One of the easiest things to do to contribute to the free and open
> source movement and the openSUSE Project is to exercise your second free
> software freedom: The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help
> your neighbor.
>
> To be able to do this comfortably the openSUSE Project, with the help of
> its sponsors, produces special promotional DVDs that contain live
> versions of both the KDE and GNOME desktops to try and which can also be
> used to install the a complete system. Those DVDs are perfect for
> introducing people to Linux and openSUSE. The openSUSE version included,
> 11.3, has all the qualities a newcomer wants. It’s a mature
> multi-purpose Linux operating system widespread among the free and open
> source software community for great user to user support. It comes with
> more with than 1,000 open source desktop applications, a full suite of
> server software and a rich selection of open source development tools.
>
> So today the openSUSE Project would like to encourage you make use of
> your second free software freedom and help us to spread promo DVDs! It’s
> easy, think about where you could have the chance to spread them, then
> order them from us and do it. How about you putting them out in your
> local community centre, you give some to the computer science teacher of
> your daughter’s school or how about the guys that operate your
> university’s support desk? The clubhouse of your football club? The next
> concert or other event you attend or maybe on the toilet in your
> cousin’s bar? The internet café around the corner for sure! The
> possibilities are endless. If you think you know a place where people
> pick them up and try them, go for it! Helping us is as simple as
> ordering DVDs from us and going out to talk to the venues if you can
> leave a couple of them. You would be surprised how many people find a
> nice, shiny, green openSUSE DVD interesting enough to finally try this
> Linux thing they heard about so much on the internet.
>
> So if you can think of anything just contact us about the amount you
> need and where we need to send them. For this just send an email to
>
> [hidden email]
>
> Don’t be shy about the amount, we don’t need to scrimp on them! If you
> think you can get spread 500 we’ll send you 500. Every DVD that is out
> there, is out there and might result in a new free and open source
> software and openSUSE user. This is the perfect opportunity to do
> something good for free and open source software and the openSUSE
> project, take it!
>
> The openSUSE Project

Henne,

Good point. I have retweeed your tweed, and have posted that link on
facebook and linkedin. Again, I am calling all the Ambassadors to put
in your request. Lets help promote openSUSE. Go your schools, your
Local User Groups, any Linux Install Fest. Hell, keep a couple on your
and pass them out to people the street tell how great open source
software is great and openSUSE is AWESOME!

Guys, lets do what we said we would do when we signed up to be ambassador.

Pup

openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363