Help setting up hermes with OBS

Shayon Mukherjee-4
Hello,

I am trying to connect hermes with OBS to sent out notifications on my
local machine. That being said

1. I have been able to setup the basic configs fine so far I believe
(as per http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Hermes_hacking)
2. I am able to access herminator fine (as anonymous although)
3. Starship instance runs fine too.

But, when a user (in [webui]) requests a role addition to a project
for instance, the notification doesn’t gets to hermes.

The logs I get is -

1. ./bs_srcserver log:

 POST /notify/SRCSRV_REQUEST_CREATE?id=1032&type=add_role&description=testing&state=new&when=2013-08-26T08%3A40%3A58&author=tom&targetproject=My%3AMaintenance&person=tom&role=maintainer&who=tom&sender=tom

2. Apache log:

[Mon Aug 26 01:40:58 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Unable to
initialize logging, return
[Mon Aug 26 01:40:58 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Unable to
initialize logging, return

3. hermes log:

Nothing shows up. Although when i created a notification type with - "
notifyHermes -o 'bla=foo, bar=baz' CheckHermes"  it worked fine and
appropriate logs showed up.

----------------------

I have uncomented the following lines in BSConfig.pm file

our $hermesserver = "http://$hostname/cgi-bin/herminator";
our $hermesnamespace = "OBS";
our $notification_plugin = "notify_hermes";

----------------------

Now, am I missing something on the configuration side? I thought
notification types are created automatically as them come. Do i need
to anything special to connect hermes to OBS? Or does it have to with
user permissions to the herminator template files or something else?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

--
Shayon
http://wrkb.in

Re: Help setting up hermes with OBS

Srinidhi B
On Mon, 2013-08-26 at 01:51 -0700, Shayon Mukherjee wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to connect hermes with OBS to sent out notifications on my
> local machine. That being said
>
> 1. I have been able to setup the basic configs fine so far I believe
> (as per http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Hermes_hacking)
> 2. I am able to access herminator fine (as anonymous although)
> 3. Starship instance runs fine too.
>
> But, when a user (in [webui]) requests a role addition to a project
> for instance, the notification doesn’t gets to hermes.
>
> The logs I get is -
>
> 1. ./bs_srcserver log:
>
>  POST /notify/SRCSRV_REQUEST_CREATE?id=1032&type=add_role&description=testing&state=new&when=2013-08-26T08%3A40%3A58&author=tom&targetproject=My%3AMaintenance&person=tom&role=maintainer&who=tom&sender=tom
>
> 2. Apache log:
>
> [Mon Aug 26 01:40:58 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Unable to
> initialize logging, return
> [Mon Aug 26 01:40:58 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Unable to
> initialize logging, return
>
> 3. hermes log:
>
> Nothing shows up. Although when i created a notification type with - "
> notifyHermes -o 'bla=foo, bar=baz' CheckHermes"  it worked fine and
> appropriate logs showed up.
>
> ----------------------
>
> I have uncomented the following lines in BSConfig.pm file
>
> our $hermesserver = "http://$hostname/cgi-bin/herminator";
> our $hermesnamespace = "OBS";
> our $notification_plugin = "notify_hermes";
>
> ----------------------
>
> Now, am I missing something on the configuration side? I thought
> notification types are created automatically as them come. Do i need
> to anything special to connect hermes to OBS? Or does it have to with
> user permissions to the herminator template files or something else?
>
> Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I'm not an expert, but I used to run a local Hermes server more than 1.5
yrs back.

You need to run the hermesgenerator.pl and hermesworker.pl scripts in
the background. These scripts process requests from herminator's
database and then deliver them to users based on their subscriptions.

HTH,
Srinidhi.

Re: Help setting up hermes with OBS

Shayon Mukherjee-4
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 2:29 AM, B S Srinidhi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-08-26 at 01:51 -0700, Shayon Mukherjee wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to connect hermes with OBS to sent out notifications on my
>> local machine. That being said
>>
>> 1. I have been able to setup the basic configs fine so far I believe
>> (as per http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Hermes_hacking)
>> 2. I am able to access herminator fine (as anonymous although)
>> 3. Starship instance runs fine too.
>>
>> But, when a user (in [webui]) requests a role addition to a project
>> for instance, the notification doesn’t gets to hermes.
>>
>> The logs I get is -
>>
>> 1. ./bs_srcserver log:
>>
>>  POST /notify/SRCSRV_REQUEST_CREATE?id=1032&type=add_role&description=testing&state=new&when=2013-08-26T08%3A40%3A58&author=tom&targetproject=My%3AMaintenance&person=tom&role=maintainer&who=tom&sender=tom
>>
>> 2. Apache log:
>>
>> [Mon Aug 26 01:40:58 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Unable to
>> initialize logging, return
>> [Mon Aug 26 01:40:58 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Unable to
>> initialize logging, return
>>
>> 3. hermes log:
>>
>> Nothing shows up. Although when i created a notification type with - "
>> notifyHermes -o 'bla=foo, bar=baz' CheckHermes"  it worked fine and
>> appropriate logs showed up.
>>
>> ----------------------
>>
>> I have uncomented the following lines in BSConfig.pm file
>>
>> our $hermesserver = "http://$hostname/cgi-bin/herminator";
>> our $hermesnamespace = "OBS";
>> our $notification_plugin = "notify_hermes";
>>
>> ----------------------
>>
>> Now, am I missing something on the configuration side? I thought
>> notification types are created automatically as them come. Do i need
>> to anything special to connect hermes to OBS? Or does it have to with
>> user permissions to the herminator template files or something else?
>>
>> Any help is appreciated. Thanks
>
> I'm not an expert, but I used to run a local Hermes server more than 1.5
> yrs back.
>
> You need to run the hermesgenerator.pl and hermesworker.pl scripts in
> the background. These scripts process requests from herminator's
> database and then deliver them to users based on their subscriptions.

Yes, I have both of them running in the background. But the data still
doesnt get to hermes and get the same error in apache.

Any other suggestions or help is appreciated.

Thanks :)

> HTH,
> Srinidhi.

Shayon
http://wrkb.in
IRC nick: shayonj

Re: Help setting up hermes with OBS

Shayon Mukherjee-4
Hello,

Please ignore my request below. I was able to fix the issue. Didnt
setup the auth in the "person" right.

Thanks
Shayon

--